Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAAC gates closing improperly

Options
  • 06-06-2017 7:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi,

I have a set of FAAC swing gates closing incorrectly.
    The gates that closes first is swinging too far when closing. This is leaving a gap in the gstees when closed. The same gate also is opening too wide and hitting the kerb behind the gate. So swinging too far in both directions. This happened after I closed the gate with a fob whilst it was still opening after coming back from a walk. Any advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,595 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Normally gates such as this hit a mechanical stop when fully opened and fully closed. This prevents the gates traveling to far when opening or closing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,746 ✭✭✭creedp

2011 wrote: »
    Normally gates such as this hit a mechanical stop when fully opened and fully closed. This prevents the gates traveling to far when opening or closing.

I have a similar problem whereby one gate opens too far and is touching pier. Would simply adjusting the mechanical stop slightly avoid this? Presumably I couldn't do any harm to motor by making this adjustment. Thanks

Advertisement