Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Build/upgrade Advice

Options
  • 06-06-2017 7:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm looking to upgrade my existing setup..
    1. I have a budget of €500/600.
    2.It will be a general home PC used for gaming (from COD1 up to most recent games) and will be running plex server for my home network. Also general office type progs and some photo / video editing.
    3. I have Windows 10 on my existing setup but I'm not sure if it will accept so many components changing??
    4. The case is a generic ATX format about 6 years old, HDDs and DVD-RW are all pretty new sata drives (there is an IDE DVD-RW but can lose this) and PSU is same as case 6 years or so old, Asus xonar d2 sound card. I would hope to reuse most of these.
    5. I have an iiyama 21 inch 1920 x 1080 monitor which will do for now.
    6. I have keyboard, mouse, speakers etc.
    7. I have no problem with overclocking and have done so in the past.
    8. I can pay by any standard payment method, card / bank transfer/ paypal.

I've built and upgraded a lot of PC's so i'm fine with that, just not sure where the best value lies.

Thank's
    Mossie
    9. There's no rush to upgrade but my old pc is starting to crash a lot.

Advertisement