Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple Repair

Options
  • 06-06-2017 9:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭

Quick question. I've been having a close on permanent issue with my iPhone 7 plus since new. Basically whenever I make a call the person on the other end hears me very weakly with a lot of interference and the microphone intermittently drops out. The phone has been back to apple and no fault was found. I brought it into compub as instructed by apple but I couldn't replicate the issue in store (sods law and it was fine for the couple of days after that too). Resets, restores, sim changes have all been tried. It's fine via Bluetooth or the headphones.

I contacted apple support via the app last night and they sent the usual email on receiving my repair request. However there is a line at the top which wasn't on the others: "Our records show that you chose to accept a refurbished replacement product..."

As this problem is intermittent (although there 95% of the time) would the extra line mean they might just replace it this time? As it stands it's close on useless and I carry a disposable PAYG phone for when I really need to make calls.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭retweet

Quick question. I've been having a close on permanent issue with my iPhone 7 plus since new. Basically whenever I make a call the person on the other end hears me very weakly with a lot of interference and the microphone intermittently drops out. The phone has been back to apple and no fault was found. I brought it into compub as instructed by apple but I couldn't replicate the issue in store (sods law and it was fine for the couple of days after that too). Resets, restores, sim changes have all been tried. It's fine via Bluetooth or the headphones.

I contacted apple support via the app last night and they sent the usual email on receiving my repair request. However there is a line at the top which wasn't on the others: "Our records show that you chose to accept a refurbished replacement product..."

As this problem is intermittent (although there 95% of the time) would the extra line mean they might just replace it this time? As it stands it's close on useless and I carry a disposable PAYG phone for when I really need to make calls.

I have a similar issue with my 7 Plus. Got the same email about accepting a replacement product after setting up repair. Did they replace yours?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭GustavoFring

retweet wrote: »
    I have a similar issue with my 7 Plus. Got the same email about accepting a replacement product after setting up repair. Did they replace yours?

The never sent the box to collect it. Got onto them again and it's now gone back. It updated to "replacement product pending" since yesterday so I'm hoping it's a refurb being sent out that works.

Either way I'm done with it and it's going on adverts. The novelty of being able to make phone calls the last few days on an old blackberry is great:)

Advertisement