Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swords to city center commuters, what your avg time

Options
  • 06-06-2017 10:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭

Just out of interest, any of you guys commuting between Swords and the city center.

What type of bike are ye on and how long does it take you?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

It takes me about 35/40 mins to get from Airside to Grattan Bridge (Capel St.) on a road bike. It can vary somewhat depending on traffic and wind.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭The Davestator

zonular wrote: »
    Just out of interest, any of you guys commuting between Swords and the city center.

What type of bike are ye on and how long does it take you?

I go from Rivervalley to Stephens Green and it takes from 41 minutes on average.

Been trying out lots of different routes and whilst some are shorter by 1 km, the time taken doesn't seem to change due to lights.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

I do Ridgewood to the Docklands and its about 40 mins depending on the lights. Docklands to Ridgewood can be on average 45 mins.

A lot or reds can add up to 5 mins to the journey but I find if you get them red around Swords you get them green in town and vice versa.

I'm on a road bike in full kit.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭zonular

Frankly I'm quite surprised. Im on a single speed / fixed. airside to baggot st takes me about the same 40/45 mins.

Just interested as I'm hankering after a new bike but realistically I couldn't expect to much of a commute time difference

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

zonular wrote: »
    Frankly I'm quite surprised. Im on a single speed / fixed. airside to baggot st takes me about the same 40/45 mins.

Just interested as I'm hankering after a new bike but realistically I couldn't expect to much of a commute time difference

Just get the new bike. No need to make excuses here. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭zonular

crosstownk wrote: »
    Just get the new bike. No need to make excuses here. :pac:

See I really fancy a MTB or a cx bike then of course I'd need a touring bike

Advertisement