Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommendations for Handyman/General building work, Dublin

Options
  • 06-06-2017 10:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭

Ive a Dublin city apartment with tenants moving out next week. My intention is to completely refurbish. Ive already put in new bathroom (tiling, new bath/shower, new water pump) new carpets and new windows throughout apartment. Im now looking for someone who can;

repaint whole apartment (clean down, sand, fill and chaulk all chips, cracks smooth and repaint), 
    replaster damaged hall ceiling (strip old plaster board, reslab and replaster) 
    replace kitchen (replace all kitchen units, worktop, extractor, sink and taps)
    Ive only managed to get one builder to price the job so far despite various contacts and adds on tradesmen.ie etc.

Any recommendations by PM much appreciated.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭jeepcj

It may be hard to find a builder who will paint, plaster and replace kitchen all in one. I know a guy who would quote you for the kitchen work and I'll PM you on his details. He most likely has a painter/plasterer he uses so see how it goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Zenify

I know a very good carpenter who has someone working for him that would do all the painting etc. and then the carpenter would fit the kitchen. That way you are not paying the skilled wage to do the unskilled work. Want me to pm details?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Baby01032012

Thanks guys and thanks for the PMs...I think I'm sorted now I've got 3 people the view and price the whole job, thanks for your help.

Advertisement