Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband deals in Rush

Options
  • 06-06-2017 10:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭

Hi everybody,

Just after moving to Rush, been here for about 2 weeks now. I have sky broadband but they are annoying the hell outta me by giving me the run around, they are saying it will be at least another week to get it installed in the new place. They also informed me that I won't be able to get fibre like I had before so the best they can do is 5mgs. I'm down on lower main street, does anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks a mill,

Marcus_Antonius

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Gumble01

Pretty sure eir have fiber on the lower main street so it should not be a problem to get it
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056784346&page=54
    The cab opposite the Michael Collins is now live and eircom are taking orders for fibre.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭meolwan

We have Eir and we are on Lower Main Street it's not bad but at times do wish that Virgin were in the area for the speed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭Marcus Antonius

meolwan wrote: »
    We have Eir and we are on Lower Main Street it's not bad but at times do wish that Virgin were in the area for the speed.

What kind of speed are you getting with Eir just as a matter of interest? Only being offered 5megs with Sky, I assume it's a lot better than that? Up to 100?

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭meolwan

What kind of speed are you getting with Eir just as a matter of interest? Only being offered 5megs with Sky, I assume it's a lot better than that? Up to 100?

Just done a test getting 25.7 mb download and 8mb upload

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭Marcus Antonius

meolwan wrote: »
    Just done a test getting 25.7 mb download and 8mb upload

Thanks a mill, that's 5 times what sky are offering me so think it might be time to switch over!

• Advertisement
Advertisement