Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FAE 2017

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭MrSzyslak

Lyra Fangs wrote:
    Mine says - Academic year started 16/17 Academic year completed 16/17

Did you do a Masters?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Johnny236

Here I think everyone shouldn't dwell on this. Wouldn't be allowed to release info before the date anyways. I'd say they are just updatin the system. Ignore and wait til Friday :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Means nothing I'd say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭s15r330

Johnny236 wrote: »
    Here I think everyone shouldn't dwell on this. Wouldn't be allowed to release info before the date anyways. I'd say they are just updatin the system. Ignore and wait til Friday :)

Not like chartered hasn't messed up before!

A friend reckoned it was like this for cap2, he had conplete and passed, his housemate had current and failed a couple.

s15r330 wrote: »

Not like chartered hasn't messed up before!

A friend reckoned it was like this for cap2, he had conplete and passed, his housemate had current and failed a couple.

I know that however until Friday no one really knows whether they passed or failed. And could be website updating people bit by bit. I done my exam in Belfast so could have started with biggest exam
    Centres first ie Belfast and Dublin,ya wouldn’t know. No point doing this to yourself before Friday

I know that however until Friday no one really knows whether they passed or failed. And could be website updating people bit by bit. I done my exam in Belfast so could have started with biggest exam
    Centres first ie Belfast and Dublin,ya wouldn’t know. No point doing this to yourself before Friday

I get ya, just hard to get it out of your head once its in

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Lyra Fangs

MrSzyslak wrote: »
    Did you do a Masters?

Nope I've done cap 1, 2 and faes!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 peanutgirl

has anyone that sat exams in Belfast got this 16/17 completed on their student exams portal?

peanutgirl wrote: »
    has anyone that sat exams in Belfast got this 16/17 completed on their student exams portal?
    Yes I sat in Belfast and got 16/17 completed. But i wouldn't pay much attention to it until friday

• Registered Users Posts: 11 peanutgirl

My nerves are shattered now!!! Dont know what to think now, I just wondering if that current thing is for people that are doing the course under a contract rather than through elevation.  Hard to know till Friday though :-(

• Advertisement

They just removed that complete section from the site

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭BMW22

Someone probably rang them over it panicking
    :rolleyes:

What do you think?? I'm not sure what to think?? Big mistake on their behalf

What do you think?? I'm not sure what to think?? Big mistake on their behalf

They replied to someone I know saying to ignore that area of the site that it is only course related.

But yet it was the results page.

And they go and remove the section in question once people cop onto it.

I'm the last one who wants to believe it as it looks like I failed now but you can't deny its suspicious.

Chartered are known for fcuk ups like this in the past so it isn't beyond the realms of possibility.

s15r330 wrote: »
    They replied to someone I know saying to ignore that area of the site that it is only course related.

But yet it was the results page.

And they go and remove the section in question once people cop onto it.

I'm the last one who wants to believe it as it looks like I failed now but you can't deny its suspicious.

Chartered are known for fcuk ups like this in the past so it isn't beyond the realms of possibility.
    Yeah totally agree, and it does look fishy, but again need the evidence and it is very frustrating for people. I don't know why they have removed it, makes them look more guilty. But then maybe they want to get rid of the fuss about it, not sure what to think !! :/

• Registered Users Posts: 4 malackas

They should just give us the results now. End this madness

malackas wrote: »
    They should just give us the results now. End this madness

Yeh gonna be a long 2 days

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Lou88

What was the title that was removed called?

• Advertisement

Curriculum I think?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Lou88

Yea was it something like completed and attempted ....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 360 ✭✭Humour Me

Definite screw up by Chartered I think, changes should only be made after the results are issued. They mustn't have realised how it would look on the new website.

Now all they have done is put even more stress on everyone when the week is stressful enough already. I don't think I have checked the website this much since the start of study leave :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Thechats

Mine said current so I'm taking that as a fail. If it wasn't CA house would have been able to give a simple reason as to why some say current and others say complete. Would like to know if I failed both or one now. Long wait

Thechats wrote: »
    Mine said current so I'm taking that as a fail. If it wasn't CA house would have been able to give a simple reason as to why some say current and others say complete. Would like to know if I failed both or one now. Long wait
    I know that but still can't be certain. You're right, they have been incompetent on several occasions but I don't think they could get this wrong before the results are issued. The wait is too long in general, should have results 4/5 weeks after exam.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭AtticusFinch86

I was a bit sceptical about it at first but the more I think of it, the more I think it's a mess up on there parts and that it could be an indication of pass/fails.

I'm guessing the results have alll been uploaded to their systems and some sort of process in the background has summarised whether the exam was passed (completed) or failed (current). I could be wrong of course but I know these type of things are often overlooked, especially with large IT updates. Of course, it could be just batch uploading of results.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭AtticusFinch86

I was a bit sceptical about it at first but the more I think of it, the more I think it's a mess up on there parts and that it could be an indication of pass/fails.

I'm guessing the results have alll been uploaded to their systems and some sort of process in the background has summarised whether the exam was passed (completed) or failed (current). I could be wrong of course but I know these type of things are often overlooked, especially with large IT updates. Of course, it could be just batch uploading of results.

I know that but still can't be certain. You're right, they have been incompetent on several occasions but I don't think they could get this wrong before the results are issued. The wait is too long in general, should have results 4/5 weeks after exam.

The wait is ridiculous way too long

They must have all the results letters printed off ready to post now, there is no reason why they can't just put them up on the website and put us out of our misery.

Humour Me wrote: »
    They must have all the results letters printed off ready to post now, there is no reason why they can't just put them up on the website and put us out of our misery.

It is horrible to think someone knows our fate for so long and the stress on us waiting

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Kmcg8717

I think this is just crazy that chances are half of us already know our fate thanks to an oversight by CA. It's really not good enough. I know we can't be sure but that is more than likely what happened. Mine showed current so I can't even spend the next couple of days living in hope and I don't know if I failed both or just one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭mrduffy

It is totally unfair if some of yee know your results. I can not bring myself to log in. I will wait for the mail.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭mrduffy

A shambles this is

How many times have you done the FAEs because you're commenting on FAE posts since 2011?!

It is a joke that something like that could have happened however given the last post of the lad / girl was was in contact with CAI, they said to ignore. So I don't understand; they wouldn't say that if the mistake was sinister. Well that's what I think anyways. Who Knows!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭m1ck007

Pass or fail on friday lads yous are still all legends.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Did the same thing happen with CAP 2 does anyone know?

Did the same thing happen with CAP 2 does anyone know?

My friend reckons so

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭John.burke

Lad in work said he had completed despite been convinced he hasn’t a prayer cos of how FR went for him. It’s hard to know but strange that chartered said to ignore it while at the same time taking it down

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Thechats

John.burke wrote: »
    Lad in work said he had completed despite been convinced he hasn’t a prayer cos of how FR went for him. It’s hard to know but strange that chartered said to ignore it while at the same time taking it down

We'll see Friday how many pass despite getting "current". I doubt there will be anyone but would love to be proven wrong!

We'll see Friday how many pass despite getting "current". I doubt there will be anyone but would love to be proven wrong!
    Who knows though. Just hope for the best. Wouldn’t know what would happen :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 dakerrymo

I feel so very ill at the thought of logging in tomorrow!! Tax Returns are the last thing on my mind currently!!!

it's a horrible feeling just want the day to be over :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14 D.92

Where exactly is the current/completed on the website ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 malackas

D.92 wrote: »

Where exactly is the current/completed on the website ?
    You're a few days late to the game, they hid it yesterday morning.

under exam results section above interim assessment but they've taken it down since yesterday :confused:

It's only 11:30, the day is dragging and I just want to go home.

I felt confident after the exams but it's so hard to remember that feeling. Convinced now that I must have failed APM :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14 D.92

Will the results be out really early or the time they said?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 cofric

Hard to concentrate alright, I have a year and half of CA Diary to catch up on so that might distract me for a while

D.92 wrote: »
    Will the results be out really early or the time they said?

last year it was 6am ish but I don't know now

• Advertisement

I expect everyone will be awake early in the morning refreshing the result page on their phones.

My post usually arrives just after 8, I might have to chase down the postman when he appears on the street :)

What's everyone's plans for tomorrow night?

Advertisement