Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FAE 2017

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 D.92

BIGKID2 wrote: »
    just get the head down and u will be fine next time around, what elective u doing? i really would advise anyone doing a repeat at xmas to use the wonderful material atticus finch provided over the summer. know that back to front and you cant fail
    is there audit elective notes from Atticus? If so,where? thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 432 ✭✭jus_tin4

Anyone know how much it is to resit? I got a sufficiency 2 as well but not going to bother with an appeal/recheck...happy to have passed anything tbh!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Aoibh874

jus_tin4 wrote: »
    Anyone know how much it is to resit? I got a sufficiency 2 as well but not going to bother with an appeal/recheck...happy to have passed anything tbh!

€185 is what came up as payable when I tried to enroll online.. waiting for the online session tomorrow re repeat interim assessment before I register!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Lou88

It's crazy that we have to pay €141 membership fees for October, November and December when we only got our results on 27 October? Talk about rounding down!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 BIGKID2

anyone have any idea what is coming up in core for the JAN repeat

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Casper25

Aoibh874 wrote: »
    €185 is what came up as payable when I tried to enroll online.. waiting for the online session tomorrow re repeat interim assessment before I register!

Where did you get the information on the elective repeat interim assessment? I cant even register for the repeats nothing is coming up to enrol. Chartered said they are having problems with their website and to hold off on enrolling on any exams.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 cofric

So i have passed the fae's but still have a years experience to get, so does that mean I am still part qualified or what?

cofric wrote: »
    So i have passed the fae's but still have a years experience to get, so does that mean I am still part qualified or what?

No, exam qualified. Not qualified until you have all your experience! Even though I’d imagine you could apply for the newly qualified roles, just your salary won’t be the same and more than likely you won’t get picked

Casper25 wrote: »

Where did you get the information on the elective repeat interim assessment? I cant even register for the repeats nothing is coming up to enrol. Chartered said they are having problems with their website and to hold off on enrolling on any exams.
    Are you lads doing the repeat interim assement ? I honestly have been studying my cap 1 notes, I didn't even attempt s question on FR this summer but did well on BL, I think you can get a C and a depth for FR by doing cap 1 and cap 2 well. It's great that the repeats this year are in last week of January instead of the first

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Kmcg8717

Are you lads doing the repeat interim assement ? I honestly have been studying my cap 1 notes, I didn't even attempt s question on FR this summer but did well on BL, I think you can get a C and a depth for FR by doing cap 1 and cap 2 well. It's great that the repeats this year are in last week of January instead of the first

What is wrong with you. You are posting nonsense the whole time. The repeats are the first week of January. If you did actually pass this year,congratulations...either way,stop posting ****e on this forum.

• Advertisement

Thanks mate, did you pass? Or did you fail again? Maybe a career change is needed!!! Hahahaha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭Jsmac67

Thanks mate, did you pass? Or did you fail again? Maybe a career change is needed!!! Hahahaha

You're a disgrace. Since passing you've asked for details of repeats, said you didn't do the core etc, why bother?

As for your reply above, I wonder would you be so confrontational if things didn't go your way...

You passed, others unfortunately didn't, if you've nothing good to say, move the **** on and stop embarrassing yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Klegs

What online session are you talking about? Can you send a link?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Aoibh874

Klegs wrote: »
    What online session are you talking about? Can you send a link?

It’s in the letter we received on Results day!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 635 ✭✭✭heretothere

Has anyone managed to sign up for the January repeat yet? Anyone else doing the revision course?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 25,018 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

MOD: This kind of post is completely uncalled for and will not be tolerated. User has been given a week ban.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Has anyone managed to sign up for the January repeat yet? Anyone else doing the revision course?

I rang them up on Friday about it they told me that there was a website problem and it would be open on Monday or Tuesday.

She said the same to me, I was hoping to get it done today! I'm in two minds about the revision course. It'd prob put you back into the right frame of mind I just don't want to go to Dublin 3 weekends in a row!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Abihsot

For enrolling onto the repeat for January, is it the Autumn exam we are enrolling onto? Just on the website there!

Does anyone know where to find the summer 2017 papers can't seem to find it anywhere on th4 site!

• Advertisement

Does anyone know where to find the summer 2017 papers can't seem to find it anywhere on th4 site!

Look for the board report

• Registered Users Posts: 9 wave202

Does anyone know, how much would cost only Audit Elective to enrol?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 DonnaCap2

Hi there everyone, just wondering if anyone would be able to pass on any notes they might have on pensions for the tax elective. Were these covered at FAE level or in previous years? Can't seem to find anything in the notes I have here... Thanks in advance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭s15r330

wave202 wrote: »
    Does anyone know, how much would cost only Audit Elective to enrol?

€215 for elective only.
    €300 for interim and elective.
    €550 for revision course, interim and elective.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,349 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

heys guys, i am repeating the tax elective in jan 2018 so 2 questions:

1. anyone got a text book i could use?
    2. anyone got any good notes i could use?

thanks a million!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 WallyBoy

Hi all, just wondering if anybody here did the Tax ROI interim today, and if so what they thought of it/ what answers they went with?

Thanks

Any predictions for audit elective on sat?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 dakerrymo

Tax today... thoughts???

• Registered Users Posts: 1 12345abcdef

dakerrymo wrote: »
    Tax today... thoughts???

Thought it was ok and indicators were fair enough. A couple of very nice ones. Always afraid that I’ve missed something very obvious though and I was also stuck for time and didn’t get finished so fingers crossed.

Any thoughts?

• Advertisement

Thought it was ok and indicators were fair enough. A couple of very nice ones. Always afraid that I’ve missed something very obvious though and I was also stuck for time and didn’t get finished so fingers crossed.

Any thoughts?

Same, but just hope to god I wrote enough.. thought time was tight enough though.. hopefully I will not be in a situation reading the answers come March saying I knew that- why didn’t I put it in.

Was was the CGT loss on bank shares about?

John.burke wrote: »
    Bank shares loss was a red herring. I.E -Loss was not available for offset as Frederick had already claimed in 2009 ( Loss must be used within 12 months of been realised. Did you say give Retirement Relief was/was not available ?

Oops I just generally spoke about CGT losses, use against future disposals etc.. sell shares and gift cash to son- no CGT, no stamp duty- was it not an indicator in itself..? Yes gave RR- leased lands- condition 8

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭John.burke

dakerrymo wrote: »
    Oops I just generally spoke about CGT losses, use against future disposals etc.. sell shares and gift cash to son- no CGT, no stamp duty- was it not an indicator in itself..? Yes gave RR- leased lands- condition 8

Apologies-checked this out-losses are available for carry forward indefinitely so your right!

I said no against RR on the basis that Frederick only inherited the land in 2005 ( Condition 8 requires a period of straight ownership prior to a leasing period which there was no mention of) but hard to know..
    Did you map 2 as follows then
    1. Intangibles
    2. VAT
    3. Frederick's CGT Position on farmland transfer
    4. Walds Tax planning for successful A.R Claim
    5. Bank Shares

Any sign of a CASSI report as yet ? be worth mentioning

I lumped the RR CGT and AR together as one indicator- and then the losses was, well I thought another indicator- but I didn’t have a whole pile to write on it...- oh well fingers crossed, nothing can be done about it now anyhow!!!

Come on results!! I can't wait anymore I just want to know and I really really hope I passed the thoughts of ever doing an exam again

Come on results!! I can't wait anymore I just want to know and I really really hope I passed the thoughts of ever doing an exam again

Yeh its annoying having to wait, just release them already.
    I had the audit elective again did the interim again and went from nc to hc so hopefully the trend continues

• Advertisement

Results up since 12.30

Anyone else fail audit elective for the second time? 😔

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Willoflood

failed apm with sufficiency 1

pissed off doesnt cover it

Same as that Willoflood! Same as the last time I am fuming!!! I read the solution I think they must have been really hard on the marking

• Registered Users Posts: 9 cap2again

D.92 wrote: »
    Anyone else fail audit elective for the second time? 😔
    Yeah, same boat. Considering doing the interim assessment again to try and get an upgrade on a BC.

• Advertisement

cap2again wrote: »
    Yeah, same boat. Considering doing the interim assessment again to try and get an upgrade on a BC.

Same as have BC as well. Do you know what the story is ? Havnt they changed how there marking it for this year?

D.92 wrote: »
    Same as have BC as well. Do you know what the story is ? Havnt they changed how there marking it for this year?

Ya I can't decide either thought I'd be grand with the BC.

I remember hearing that last year at some point but I can't find anything about the changes on the website.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 itsacruelworld

Failed audit elective for the second time

Sufficiency 2 the first time and 1 this time.

I got onto chartered and the BC I obtained equates to 8.55%. This percentage mark is out of 15% so i'm going to take that.

Failed audit elective for the second time

Sufficiency 2 the first time and 1 this time.

I got onto chartered and the BC I obtained equates to 8.55%. This percentage mark is out of 15% so i'm going to take that.
    Sufficiency 4 the first time and 1 this time. Though I am not entirely sure what they mean, though i gather lower the better.

I have just emailed chartered to see if can get an exact score on the interim assessment, if the result is similar to you i won't repeat . I will do the mocks though.

From looking at the various documents on whats changed there doesn't appear to be a whole lot apart from that there are new Irish standards. I am hoping they are not much different, as I have not looked at them in any detail as of yet.

Ye I will do the mocks also. I haven't looked at the changes yet but hopefully nothing major.

I think the % marking may work in our favor. Are you going to try go in to view your script?

Ye I will do the mocks also. I haven't looked at the changes yet but hopefully nothing major.

I think the % marking may work in our favor. Are you going to try go in to view your script?

I didn't realise that was an option going in and viewing a script. Have people you know, done that. I had the script tutorial report for the 1st attempt, I didn't find it very good, so I didn't do again.

I also live in limerick, so I would especially have to go to Dublin for it and I would like to know in advance could i view it.

I heard they have to let you view it? I was told today that I definitely should anyway. I will email Chartered tomorrow and let you know what they say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 LoLo86ACA

Failed APM for the second time - sufficiency 2

Gutted is an understatement - I got the tutorial report the first time and it stated " Knowledge and expertise is there, just lacks exam technique".

I honestly don't know where to start this time round - feeling quite lost - any recommendations?!?

I have booked a place on the revision course with CA and Grind School - would anyone recommend ACA Revision in Griffith College??

Appreciate any guidance anyone can offer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 LoLo86ACA

cap2again wrote: »
    Sufficiency 4 the first time and 1 this time. Though I am not entirely sure what they mean, though i gather lower the better.

I have just emailed chartered to see if can get an exact score on the interim assessment, if the result is similar to you i won't repeat . I will do the mocks though.

From looking at the various documents on whats changed there doesn't appear to be a whole lot apart from that there are new Irish standards. I am hoping they are not much different, as I have not looked at them in any detail as of yet.

Who did you email to confirm the exact score? do you think they will email people to let them know or even update the results on the site?

LoLo86ACA wrote: »
    Who did you email to confirm the exact score? do you think they will email people to let them know or even update the results on the site?
    I emailed yesterday afternoon and i received a response this morning.

I would email them yourself, i doubt they will update results. The email address I used is faeexam@charteredaccountants.ie

@Itsacruelworld

Did you hear back, regarding viewing the script.

• Advertisement
Advertisement