Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FAE 2017

1111213141517»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 itsacruelworld

Chartered got back and said it is not possible to view the script, but I was told you could and that it would be of great benefit.

Look up the following on irish times website : failed-exam-candidate-gets-right-to-written-paper-in-ecj-ruling, I cannot post link as new user.

The above would prove they cannot do that.

Has anyone tried to register for just the mock and final exam? It will not allow me to un-tick interim.

Also what are your thoughts on the May/June revision course? They are very vague about the dates, I would do it if I knew it was on the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 cap2again

Chartered got back and said it is not possible to view the script, but I was told you could and that it would be of great benefit.

Look up the following on irish times website : failed-exam-candidate-gets-right-to-written-paper-in-ecj-ruling, I cannot post link as new user.

The above would prove they cannot do that.

Has anyone tried to register for just the mock and final exam? It will not allow me to un-tick interim.

Also what are your thoughts on the May/June revision course? They are very vague about the dates, I would do it if I knew it was on the weekend.
    The article is very recent as well, so it must be still allowed. Which person did you speak too, was it Audrey Carter, I find her fairly helpful. I would mention the ruling, if you haven't already.

I registered for the Interim, mocks and final exam already, so i cant help you there. Surely ringing them will sort that out for you and they also should be able to let you know, when the provisional dates are for revision course.

Sorry I cannot be more helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 D.92

Does anyone know if it’s April you have to sit the Elective interim in or can you do it later?

Have a BC don’t know whether to repeat it or not .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 635 ✭✭✭heretothere

It's on the time table they sent out APM revision course on 27th May, 9 & 16 June - all weekends.

Honestly I found it useless before Christmas I'm going to sign up to the chartered grind school.

I can't decide on repeating the interim assessment either I got a B.C. I just emailed them to ask it's on April 21st and I have a lot on between now and then, I'd be worried I'd fail!!

Also not sure on the mocks I passed the mock last year!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 itsacruelworld

Ye i'm definitely going to do chartered grinds school.

I have heard the revision course isn't great but I think because its a new year with a few changes and different marking scheme it many be of more use?

I honestly wouldn't consider repeating interim as with the BC carrying at 8.55% you would need to be getting 70% to be coming out with 10.5% going in, that's a lot of work for an extra 2% and there is a chance you could do worse.

Just sitting the mocks to get more feedback on technique more than anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 cap2again

Ye i'm definitely going to do chartered grinds school.

I have heard the revision course isn't great but I think because its a new year with a few changes and different marking scheme it many be of more use?

I honestly wouldn't consider repeating interim as with the BC carrying at 8.55% you would need to be getting 70% to be coming out with 10.5% going in, that's a lot of work for an extra 2% and there is a chance you could do worse.

Just sitting the mocks to get more feedback on technique more than anything.
    I emailed about my interim assessment result and i only received 6.6%, so i guess not all BC are equal.

Just got an email back, I also have 8.55% I'm not repeating! You're right it's unlikely you'd get a heck of a lot more.
    I was lucky to get the B.C like an absolute ejit I noticed an error in the main NPV question about 5 mins before the end and crossed out most of the answer instead of just putting in an little disclaimer. Lesson learnt!!

My BC was worth 7.35%
    Think I won’t sit the interim due to work being crazy and not much time to study but afraid I’ll regret it in the summer..where is there logic for the different percentages for the BC?
    Just got an email back, I also have 8.55% I'm not repeating! You're right it's unlikely you'd get a heck of a lot more.
    I was lucky to get the B.C like an absolute ejit I noticed an error in the main NPV question about 5 mins before the end and crossed out most of the answer instead of just putting in an little disclaimer. Lesson learnt!!

No idea how some are worth more than others, maybe we had more C's and just feel short of an overall C?

I'm sickened just like everyone else, let myself get really annoyed/ frustrated over it for one week. But now everyone lets pick ourselves up, shake off that dust and lets all smash it in the summer!! I am just thankful it's not the core I never want to see that again. I'm going to really enjoy Paddy's weekend then spend Monday cleaning my study area and try to do an hour each evening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 Tuk Tuk Darjeeling

D.92 wrote: »
    My BC was worth 7.35%
    Think I won’t sit the interim due to work being crazy and not much time to study but afraid I’ll regret it in the summer..where is there logic for the different percentages for the BC?

I suspect the the competence grades covered differing points bands on a marking scheme, hence the difference in weighted marks. :D

Anyone know anywhere that do one to one audit grinds?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 acalass

Hey guys, has anyone prepared an industry file for APM? I am happy to pay if anyone wouldnt mind sending it onto me. Thanks :)

acalass wrote: »
    Hey guys, has anyone prepared an industry file for APM? I am happy to pay if anyone wouldnt mind sending it onto me. Thanks :)

What do you mean by industry file? What he was talking about in mock prep session?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 acalass

Ya just a file on ecah of the industries I guess

acalass wrote: »
    Ya just a file on ecah of the industries I guess

I have something on KPIs but it's fairly dated. I'll have a route around this weekend.

Any idea's what to expect? What are they saying because of the change on the competency statement there will be a few indicators on models/ strategy?

Hoping for a nice NPV

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31 LoLo86ACA

Thoughts on the APM paper?!? I’m very worried I’ll be resitting in Jan is that even a possibility considering it’s will be my 4th attempt?!?

LoLo86ACA wrote: »
    Thoughts on the APM paper?!? I’m very worried I’ll be resitting in Jan is that even a possibility considering it’s will be my 4th attempt?!?

Ya..... no!!! it was a pure disaster!!! It was off the wall

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 LoLo86ACA

Oh really so what happens if I fail my 3rd attempt? I have the core but I'm very worried, like that paper was crazy

LoLo86ACA wrote: »
    Oh really so what happens if I fail my 3rd attempt? I have the core but I'm very worried, like that paper was crazy

I'm not 100% sure but I'd say it will be grand. No point in worrying about it now until the end of October

Advertisement