Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JC film studied

Options
  • 06-06-2017 12:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭

Help my grandson has studied the march of the penguins and I can't see it on the list of films. Will he still be able to use this film . I appreciate any feedback.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,222 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

It's on the list of suggested documentaries. He has probably studied another film too, one of the prescribed ones. I'm not an English teacher, but perhaps one could answer whether he will be OK for the exam.

Second/Third Year Prescribed Films
    The Night of the Hunter Charles Laughton
    Bend it Like Beckham Gurinder Chadha
    Son of Rambow Garth Jennings
    Life is Beautiful Roberto Benigni
    Whale Rider Niki Caro
    Beasts of the Southern Wild Benh Zeitlin
    In America Jim Sheridan
    E.T. Stephen Spielberg
    Spirited Away Hayao Miyazaki
    School of Rock Richard Linklater

Some Suggested Documentaries
    Spellbound Jeffrey Blitz
    March of the Penguins Luc Jacquet
    Senna Asif Kapadia
    Only When I Dance Beadie Finzi

Some Suggested Short Films
    Badly Drawn Roy Alan Shannon
    The Herd Kevin Wardrop
    Signs Vincent Gallagher
    The Wonderful Story of Kelvin Kind Ian Power
    My Strange Grandfather Dina Velikovskaya

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Forever21

Thank you, feeling a little better knowing that. No they didn't study another film only the one I said, but he has watched ET & SCHOOL OF ROCK so hopefully he'll be ok. English would be one of his better subjects.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 224 ✭✭donaldtramp

Films won't be coming (very unlikely).

EDIT: Yeah they didn't come up.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭maude6868

Yes he is fine, the choice is there to do a film or documentary or biopic. It is not compulsory to do a film.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Forever21

Thanks all , yes he rang me on his lunch break and said it was a lovely paper. No novel came up.

• Advertisement
Advertisement