Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving home and can't get my service transferred!

Options
  • 06-06-2017 1:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭

Can someone explain to me why
    1. I can't book to have my service transferred to my new house because the last tenants 'appear' not to have cancelled their service?? I.e. They have, and also, that is not my problem!

2. Why when I called two weeks ago to organise this I was told NOTHING about needing to provide a tenancy agreement by email or given any email address in order to facilitate this move while an active line is still in place at my new property?!

3. Why is it impossible to speak to a supervisor when you call Eir, and all you get is some smart alec repeating himself and sniggering on the phone while explaining the 'process' ?

4. Why does it take 10 working days for my service to be transferred, something that is already enabled at my new address, all equipment is there, it's FTTH so all relevant lines etc are already up and running, but yet ye must send out a technician to switch it on and leave me waiting 10 days without broadband???!!!

5. Who do I contact to make a complaint?

I contacted eir 2WEEKS ago to organise this, wasn't given the correct information, and as a result have to wait ANOTHER 10 working days from the time we get our tenancy agreement until we can be switched on, a job that can surely be done remotely and without the need for a technician and a wait of 10 working days!!!!!

This is unacceptable as we require broadband to work from home!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭eir: Anna

Hi Cherrycola,

I'm very sorry to hear this.

Unfortunately, if there is an active service already in the home, it would not be possible to add another account attached to the one address.

For all accounts being set up whilst another account is active at that home, your tenancy agreement is required in order to prove the old residents no longer live there and I am very sorry that this was not explained to you.

I'm afraid for all installations a technician is required out in order to activate these services.

You can view the complaints process here.

I do apologise for the inconvenience caused to with this.

Thanks,
    Anna

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Cherrycola

And why can't I speak to a supervisor or manager when I call Eir?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭eir: Anna

Unfortunately, I would be unable to advise on this as you should be able to request to speak to a manager through a customer care agent.

Thanks,
    Anna

Advertisement