Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What sort/size timbers in this

Options
  • 06-06-2017 2:01pm
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Lads
    I'm going to take on this project but I'm not sure what size timbers are used on this.
    http://www.wickey.co.uk/climbing-frame-freshflyer.html

I'm thinking 3" on the poles for the swing, 3"*1" for the timbers of the house itself.

Any idea ball park what it would cost for the timber, thinking 150 euro could buy a lot?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

The dimensions are fine. I think you should go for pressure treated timber which will cost a bit more.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

If the sand box is perpetually wet, then normal p/t timber wont last for the bottom so maybe rethink the bottom
    I would work with normal un treated timber and make it all up, then dismantle and treat with preservative and re-assemble

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Thanks all. I am not going with sand pit, not needed to be honest. Would you set the fit on a concrete pad to help extend the life of the timbers?

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭thesteve

I put up a bigger one of these in a relatives house if you want further measurements. I won't be back there till July though

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

thesteve wrote: »
    I put up a bigger one of these in a relatives house if you want further measurements. I won't be back there till July though

Would really appreciate that. Even a rough idea of measurements off the top of your head. Lenght of the swing span and the uprights for the swing.

Is it better to use round poles I wonder than rectangular timbers for the swings?

• Advertisement
Advertisement