Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connection of housing estate to exchange

Options
  • 06-06-2017 2:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Ok, before my head explodes here Ive come for advice.

My fiancé and I bought a house in March, we're now living in a new phase of an older estate in Castletroy, Co. Limerick. The houses are all new build and there is an internal "hub" in the utility room.

Our problem is that we've tried to have Internet installed on numerous occasions. Each time, a KN engineer comes out to the house, looks around and then tells us that we're not connected to the exchange. They then say they'll send a report to eircom and we should be sorted soon. This isn't happening

According to eircom, they have work to carry out which requires planning permission in order to dig the ground to lay the cable connecting the houses to the exchange. I can see the exchange, it's two doors down!!!! Eircom have now told me that the forecast date for the works has been pushed back YET Again and to contact the planning dept of my local county council. They say, however, that they have no record of eircom applying for planning at all and it'll take at least 12 weeks to process any application they do send.

We have a little boy with autism who really needs the Internet and we're all about to lose our minds. I NEED the exchange connected and bloody soon!

What can I do, who can I contact?!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭eir: Anna

Hi jenb550,

I'm very sorry to hear of your ongoing issue and the distress this has caused you and your family.

I'm afraid with newly built houses, the forecast date may be longer due to the amount of work needed to be carried out and the time it takes for any planning permission needed to be approved and forecast dates are subject to change.

I am truly sorry that we would be unable to escalate this for you.

Thanks,
    Anna

Advertisement