Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying a Bicycle.

Options
  • 06-06-2017 4:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi I am looking for some advise on buying a bicycle for recreational and training purposes .
    where is best to buy from,?
     make of bike, ?
    how much to spend,?
    how much is to little / too much.?
    best equipment to buy for comfortable cycling.?
    Sorry for all the questions but if I am going to spend I want to do it right 1st time round and spend wisely .
    comments would be appreciated ,
    thank you in Advance
    Bernard

Comments

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Moved to the Cycling forum, you should get some replies here :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Do a search on the cycling forum for 'what bike' and have a good read and you'll get lost if your answers. As for how much to spend, how much do you want to spend?

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭billcullen1

Hi I am looking for some advise on buying a bicycle for recreational and training purposes .
    where is best to buy from,?
     make of bike, ?
    how much to spend,?
    how much is to little / too much.?
    best equipment to buy for comfortable cycling.?
    Sorry for all the questions but if I am going to spend I want to do it right 1st time round and spend wisely .
    comments would be appreciated ,
    thank you in Advance
    Bernard
    Purchasing a bike is quite complex.start with the type of bike your seeking whether it's a hyrid or a racer or other.it depends on your use, how often you cycle and whether your in a club or a casual cyclist. In addition your budget may come into effect because there the cycle to work scheme or you may pick up a good second hand bike. There are a number of very good bikes, borrow your friends bike and take them for a spin and see how it works for you. Pop into a cycle shop and take a look at bikes and see if they can offer anything suitable. Furthermore I would recommend Google search as there are well known brands Available. The gear can be picked up from Aldi or lidl until you develop a keen interest without costing Lot. Best of luck

Advertisement