Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone network

Options
  • 06-06-2017 5:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi i was just wondering if someone could help. I changed over from Three network to Vodafone network at weekend. I can make and receive calls and texts but can't use my mobile data. I can only go online when connected to wifi. When i turn on and off the phone the three logo still comes up on the phone and was wondering if this is the problem is the phone still connected to the three network in some way. Hope this makes sense. Thanks.

Comments

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

Hi there, welcome to Boards.ie. I would say you would be better off contacting either Three or Vodafone in their respective Talk To forums. I hope that helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Ciararal

Hi Mark thanks for that but have tried that already and all they did was try resetting the settings which didn't work. and was just wondering if anyone here had the same problem and got it fixed.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

Perhaps the Android Devices or Apple Devices forum would have people who have run into a similar issue

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

normally a phone setting to enable / disable network data.

iphone - settings - mobile data - on/off

android - settings wireless and networks - mobile network settings - data enabled [on / off]

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

@Mark, AD is the correct sub for this. That or mobiles.

Ciararal you need to manually enter the Vodafone APNs for data to work. Vodafone support should have gone through this with you though.

APN: hs.vodafone.ie
    Proxy: not set
    Port: not set
    username/password: not set
    server: not set
    MMSC: not set
    MMS Proxy: not set
    MMS port: not set
    Mcc:272
    MNC: 01
    Authentication type AP
    APN type: default