Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The big E3 discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Well, just three and a bit hours 'til Bethesda. Who else is staying up?

/tumbleweed

Is it 3 or 5am?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

LiS was the highlight for me and that's not an exclusive so that's cool with me.

Battlegrounds is apparently a big deal but Overwatch aside, I'm not into MP gaming so that doesn't do much for me.

Ori is probably the one thing I'm very jealous of as a PS4 owner. Such a gorgeous looking game.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Thought that was a really good conference myself. Let the games speak for themselves and there was plenty there I'd be interested in. Still not sure I need an Xbox X though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

dunworth1 wrote: »
    learned alot about ps4 players tonight

lawlol is a fool clearely but some baiting from some of the xbox lads as well, lets just leave it saying idiots on both sides, and ignore the console bull****

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

They can be easily generalised and lumped together?

Aye, it's probably something like that. As far as I can tell it was one eejit acting the maggot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,098 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Poor show. Metro and Ashen the only games to turn my head.
    499 for the XBox X is too expensive. Only the hardcore gamers who for some reason don't have a decent PC will get it initially.

It has been pitched as a premium product for months. What made you think it was going to be cheaper than €500? There are serious specs in that box.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,921 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    Is it 3 or 5am?

0300 according to this, but there could be some pre-show bumf too I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭riggerman

Pity about the price , wondering what Sony will do price wise tomorrow night. Got a strong destiny , titan fall vibe off the last game, I liked distiny but couldn't stay will titan fall. Any view folks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    Is it 3 or 5am?

I thought it was 5am.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

Christ will this go on that long, when are PS4 on

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

Angry Joe and some streamer woman just no selling the whole thing on Youtubes stream and saying there's no reason to upgrade because there are no compelling exclusives and the console is literally twice the price of the Xbox One S that no one is buying at the moment. Joe spotted that the Crackdown 3 cloud-destruction engine disappeared as well.

Dorito Pope is pretty lukewarm on it too and just said that "all Xbox games come to PC anyway now".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

A Destiny competitor was expected considering how popular it is. It looked good, but I doubt it'll play anything like that in the final version.

Overall, I thought it was a good conference in terms of them showing games, it's how it should be done. Not a lot of games there that would interest me personally or temp me to get a Scorpio, but different strokes for different folks as they say.

Is it just me, or was Crackdown 3 footage a bit disappointing? Was expecting more, but Sumo Digital aren't exactly known for making great games either.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Aye, it's probably something like that. As far as I can tell it was one eejit acting the maggot.

First thing I noticed was the implications that anyone with a PC has more money than sense, tipped me off straight away.

Everyone knows PC gamers have no money or sense

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Bethesda is 100% going to start at 5am, unfortunately. It won't stop me from watching it but it's still an absolute killer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

lawlolawl wrote: »
    Angry Joe and some streamer woman just no selling the whole thing on Youtubes stream and saying there's no reason to upgrade because there are no compelling exclusives and the console is literally twice the price of the Xbox One S that no one is buying at the moment. Joe spotted that the Crackdown 3 cloud-destruction engine disappeared as well.

Dorito Pope is pretty lukewarm on it too and just said that "all Xbox games come to PC anyway now".

Your opinion means nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

emmetkenny wrote: »
    It has been pitched as a premium product for months. What made you think it was going to be cheaper than €500? There are serious specs in that box.

In my opinion, for MS to gain ground outside the USA, the XBox X needs to be a loss leader.
    Price it to sell and let the image quality of the 3rd party games be the difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Sea of Thieves is getting a big update with the content that they've got to try at E3 this week for those in the alpha.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Overall, pretty good presentation. Lots of games, a lot of new games and exclusives (which MS need).

For me, hyped for these:

-Metro:Exodus, was not expecting this and has been little to no word on a sequel. Originals were damn good, especially in an age of post-modern military shooters.
    -State of Decay 2, just make it bigger and add a few more features, first game had a great setup already.
    -Ori and the Will of the Wisps, first was gorgeous, and an amazingly fluid platformer. Also managed a goof story too.
    -Ashen, could be good, definite "Souls-like" vibe.
    -Deep Rock Galactic, probably get this with my bro-in-law as he loves anything Dwarf related
    -The Last Night, looks stunning, lots of Flashback vibes with the pixelated cyberpunk aesthetic.
    -Crackdown 3, hopefully it evokes the original as it was a great game, didnt see much of the touted destruction they first hyped up....maybe its been scaled back?
    -Cuphead release date...yeah, will believe it when its on shelves/on storefronts

• Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Well, just three and a bit hours 'til Bethesda. Who else is staying up?

/tumbleweed

Doesn't it start at 5am GMT?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

Pac1Man wrote: »
    Your opinion means nothing.

These aren't my opinions.

These are video-game journalists who are completely underwhelmed by a console that is already dying on it's arse.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Ah feck, Bethesda's at 5am, not 3am, I shan't be staying up :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,921 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Doesn't it start at 5am GMT?

Yeah, looks like the sources I was using didn't account for the hour long IGN pre-show, or the clocks going forward! As said by the man in the orthotic shoes, I stand corrected.

These are video-game journalists who are completely underwhelmed by a console that is already dying on it's arse.

So "opinions" are facts these days? :pac:

In that case, the whopper is better than the big mac. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Hard to see the convincing there for a lot of people to spend $500 on it. I liked the fact they showed the games mostly, and some look great. But no killer game stands out from what they showed there. It was the sort of conference where you waited for something that just never came.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Not the place for this I know, but as someone who was considering the purchase of a One X, roughly how much more would I be looking at for a PC that could better it, on a reasonable budget?

I'll bet you have *LOADS* of friends :rolleyes:

Yeah, looks like the sources I was using didn't account for the hour long IGN pre-show, or the clocks going forward! As said by the man in the orthotic shoes, I stand corrected.

I actually was hoping I was wrong and you were right! :(

5am is some wait from now. Would have preferred a 3am start.

martyos121 wrote: »
    Not the place for this I know, but as someone who was considering the purchase of a One X, roughly how much more would I be looking at for a PC that could better it, on a reasonable budget?

Depending on whether or not you need a monitor, mouse and keyboard, another €200 would see you with a beefy machine.

• Administrators Posts: 53,844 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

martyos121 wrote: »

It's hard to know cause the only game they mentioned framerate for was Forza.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,098 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

In my opinion, for MS to gain ground outside the USA, the XBox X needs to be a loss leader.
    Price it to sell and let the image quality of the 3rd party games be the difference.

You'll have you cheap Console in the One S. The One X isn't for an entry level gamer. Same as the Elite Controller isn't for everyone.

Advertisement