Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The big E3 discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Jamiekelly

There hasn't been a decent theme park game released on console in years. If they can get PUBG ported over to Xbox so quickly then they should try and work on getting Planet Coaster on the Xbox one X, it seems like it has the specs to run a more condensed version of the game.

Kind of sick of seeing linear shooters and zombie games (state of decay looked amazing though).

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Sieghardt

lawlolawl wrote: »
    These aren't my opinions.

These are video-game journalists

So, less than nothing

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,460 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Mod note: Lawlolawl enough with the relentless negativity. Next time will be a ban.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Really enjoyed that xbox conference, was much better then last year.
    Lots of games I am really interested in.

Not too sure about the xbox one x. At least the xbox one s will lower in price so might get that

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Oooooh new Metro game. Me likey.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Shiminay wrote: »
    Depending on whether or not you need a monitor, mouse and keyboard, another €200 would see you with a beefy machine.

Yeah I'd need the lot, been a laptop user for the last 10 years so don't have any of that. It's something for me to consider over the next few months anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

I'll bet you have *LOADS* of friends :rolleyes:

Remember that picture of the Dorito Pope where he was sat in front of the Halo 4 advertising?

That guy is currently repeatedly mentioning the PS4 Pro as being capable of 4K versions of multiplat games after he came out and said the new Xbox revision wasn't very impressive and probably wasn't worth $500.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,921 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

I actually was hoping I was wrong and you were right! :(

5am is some wait from now. Would have preferred a 3am start.

Yeah, same. I may even go to bed for a few hours. Hmmm decisions decisions.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

martyos121 wrote: »
    Not the place for this I know, but as someone who was considering the purchase of a One X, roughly how much more would I be looking at for a PC that could better it, on a reasonable budget?

I've been out of PCs for 6 months or so, but I'd probably guess at close to €800-1000 all in. You're paying less for software though so it's hard to equate.

Could be much less though, honestly have no idea of Ryzen or R9 580 pricing.

I'm sceptical of the 4k60 though, I'd nearly bet there will be a few games at 60fps alright, I'm expecting a lot to run at 30. The industry realised a long time ago that most people will take graphical fidelity over framerate, not sure why the Scorpio would buck that trend.

• Administrators Posts: 53,844 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I've been out of PCs for 6 months or so, but I'd probably guess at close to €800-1000 all in. You're paying less for software though so it's hard to equate.

Could be much less though, honestly have no idea of Ryzen or R9 580 pricing.

I'm sceptical of the 4k60 though, I'd nearly bet there will be a few games at 60fps alright, I'm expecting a lot to run at 30. The industry realised a long time ago that most people will take graphical fidelity over framerate, not sure why the Scorpio would buck that trend.
    More than that IMO.

Only mentioned 60fps for Forza which always runs at high framerates anyway, no fps mentions for the rests suggests 30fps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭Penn

It was a good strong conference from MS.

The good:
    A good variety of games shown
    The footage and graphics from most of the games looked fantastic
    The specs of the XBOX are mighty
    They got good show exclusives and premieres
    TERRY CREWS!

The bad:
    The Porsche stuff, particularly putting it at the start of the show was a big misstep
    The guy commentating on that multiplayer game... Holy hell...
    The footage of Crackdown 3 was disappointing. Considering the celshading and cartoony kind of look, it needed the destruction to showcase how good it could look, and there was so little. Really strange choice.
    And lastly... I just didn't see anything to make me want to buy the XBOX. Most of the actual console exclusives were ones that don't take advantage of 4k due to not looking realistic to begin with, and all the games that did look great aren't exclusives, mostly just timed exclusives (and for most, I can imagine it's only by a few weeks at best)

Still though, credit where it's due. They did show off some fantastic games and bar the Porsche and the shouty guy, no huge embarrassments either.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

awec wrote: »
    More than that IMO.

Only mentioned 60fps for Forza which always runs at high framerates anyway, no fps mentions for the rests suggests 30fps.

4k30 was doable for under €1000 this time last year iirc

*edit* Didn't realise the 60fps figure was just for Forza, not a hope will they aim all games for 60 then so.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds is a great exclusive for Xbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,327 ✭✭✭dunworth1

only thing that I'm disappointed about is no halo

where is that halo gravemind game

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Depending on whether or not you need a monitor, mouse and keyboard, another €200 would see you with a beefy machine.

Not one that could run at 4K and 60FPS. Gonna need more than €700 for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,282 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

It gets boring really fast to be honest. Enjoyed it for about a month but it's nothing like the trailer claims it is with all the gun battles. Most people camp at the edge of the circle until it gets down to the last 20 people and then come out to fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

emmetkenny wrote: »
    You'll have you cheap Console in the One S. The One X isn't for an entry level gamer. Same as the Elite Controller isn't for everyone.

Jesus, echoes of Don Mattrick there! The One S is finished and not selling. The X is the last best hope for MS. They need it to do gangbusters.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Player Unknown Battlegrounds is just a 'launch' exclusive right?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Eurogamer saying the Xbox One X will cost 449 pounds, 499 euro.

*also currently available on PC as a Steam Early Access game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Benzino wrote: »
    Eurogamer saying the Xbox One X will cost 449 pounds, 499 euro.

That's about the go of it, US sales tax is never added on when people talk prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,369 ✭✭✭xtal191

martyos121 wrote: »
    Not the place for this I know, but as someone who was considering the purchase of a One X, roughly how much more would I be looking at for a PC that could better it, on a reasonable budget?

Really depends if all games run at 60 fps at 4k. If they do which I still find very hard to believe, you'll easily be looking at more than double the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,327 ✭✭✭dunworth1

lawlolawl wrote: »
    *also currently available on PC as a Steam Early Access game

Not on the ps2 though :rolleyes:

They skirted the issue of discs, assume it's one disc to rule them all then you have a sizeable day one patch on the X for 4k'ness

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Corholio wrote: »
    Player Unknown Battlegrounds is just a 'launch' exclusive right?

No. Its a full Xbox console exclusive.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Also, have to say after watching the Assassins Creed footage, its really at the end of its rope. Their big, 2 year reinvention was adding levels and loot!!

**** me, hold the presses!

Its the same nonsense that almost ruined Darksiders 2 for me, and its a terrible system to implement into a game not designed around it.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭earthwormjack

Not one that could run at 4K and 60FPS. Gonna need more than €700 for that.

I don't think xbox one x will be doing all 4k60 games either to be honest. 4k30 is certainly possible though at current console settings.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

It's a day one for me anyway, seeing as the ps4 can be got for 200 euros now, I can always pick one up if I want to play their exclusives. It'll be without a doubt the best place to play 3rd party games, and I'd challenge anyone who says 'just build a pc' to build me one with the same performance for 500 Euro

• Administrators Posts: 53,844 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

xtal191 wrote: »
    Really depends if all games run at 60 fps at 4k. If they do which I still find very hard to believe, you'll easily be looking at more than double the price.

There is no way it could do 60fps 4k across the board for 500 quid.

Though the One X will be 4k with all the graphics settings on their minimums.

• Advertisement

dunworth1 wrote: »
    Not on the ps2 though :rolleyes:

No but it is only a "console launch exclusive" for Xbox so you can just wait a couple of months and play it when it releases on PS4 with a playerbase that is 4 to 5 times larger.

Advertisement