Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The big E3 discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Benzino wrote: »
    Eurogamer saying the Xbox One X will cost 449 pounds, 499 euro.

Can't see the Xbox One X selling for €499 over here. We always get screwed on tech pricing so more like €550ish.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

lads can we drop the console wars crap

• Registered Users Posts: 15,282 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

I'd challenge anyone who says 'just build a pc' to build me one with the same performance for 500 Euro

You're right. It's impossible to build a PC with the same performance at the X, but mainly because we don't know what it's capable of yet.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

lawlolawl wrote: »
    No but it is only a "console launch exclusive" for Xbox so you can just wait a couple of months and play it when it releases on PS4 with a playerbase that is 4 to 5 times larger.

Whats the point in all of this?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,460 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Mod note: Lawlolawl is taking a break from the forum for the duration of E3. Please lay off the console war nonsense, any silly posts like the below will result in mod action from here on out:
    dunworth1 wrote: »
    learned alot about ps4 players tonight

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Not one that could run at 4K and 60FPS. Gonna need more than €700 for that.

Yea, I wasn't thinking 4K, apologies. You'd want quite an investment in the graphics card to hit 4K/60, but you'd certainly have 1080 and maybe even 1440 for the €700-€800 range.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

I can't believe the Xbox One X is actually smaller than the Xbox One S.

A tear down video will be nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

My stance before the pricing was announced was that if I could trade in my Xbox One and with that get the One X for €350 I would, so I think I'll be doing that. Still want to hear more about what it offers for people on a 1080p TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

No. Its a full Xbox console exclusive.

Not so sure about that. It said 'Xbox One Console Launch Exclusive'.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Talking about Xbox ONE X up close here:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Kylo Ren wrote: »

Thats how i read it as well. "Timed Exclusive"

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Oat23 wrote: »
    You're right. It's impossible to build a PC with the same performance at the X, but mainly because we don't know what it's capable of yet.

4k60 at Medium settings, probably (mind you, for €500 that's nice. Shame online play is locked behind paywall though)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

K.O.Kiki wrote:
    4k60 at Medium settings, probably (mind you, for €500 that's nice. Shame online play is locked behind paywall though)

You can pick up a year of Xbox live for €30 most of the time. For the amount of games you get throughout the year for that €30. It's like a very good humble bundle.

Its right here.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭earthwormjack

I can't believe the Xbox One X is actually smaller than the Xbox One S.

I'd imagine they had the Surface line working on it. That team makes excellent stuff.

"Exclusively this year." Will be on PlayStation some time in 2018 I'd bet. I think Microsoft would have used the 'Console Exclusive' tag if it truly was 'exclusive'. They did something similar with Tomb Raider iirc.

I hate all this corporate contract jargon. Just tell us the truth!

• Administrators Posts: 53,844 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

K.O.Kiki wrote: »

No chance, not for €500.

My guess is some games will run at 60fps, like Forza, but most won't. Games at 4k will be on pretty low settings whether they or 30 or 60fps, at the end of the day it's the same price as a budget gaming PC and even taking into account the gains you get from optimising the hardware you can't do magical things.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,280 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

No. Its a full Xbox console exclusive.

You sure about that? Could have sworn he said in an interview a few weeks ago he wanted it on all platforms eventually.

Either way it's a great game, know a few people who built pcs just to play it pretty much. have 200 hours put into it myself and counting. Will likely buy it again for Xbox.

"Exclusively this year." Will be on PlayStation some time in 2018 I'd bet. I think Microsoft would have used the 'Console Exclusive' tag if it truly was 'exclusive'. They did something similar with Tomb Raider iirc.

I hate all this corporate contract jargon. Just tell us the truth!

Lol, watch the video. He says.
    .....Exclusively to Xbox One, later this year

Not "Exclusively this year".

Mickeroo wrote: »
    You sure about that? Could have sworn he said in an interview a few weeks ago he wanted it on all platforms eventually.

Either way it's a great game, know a few people who built pcs just to play it pretty much. have 200 hours put into it myself and counting. Will likely buy it again for Xbox.
    I am going on the info we have so far and that info came out of the developers mouth in crystal clarity.

But you never know these days. I wont say ever. It could spend a few years on Xbox before moving onto PS4.

• Advertisement

The Bethesda one is at 3am for those who were talking about it earlier

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

irishman86 wrote: »
    The Bethesda one is at 3am for those who were talking about it earlier

It's 5am our time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Before the trailer, it said "Xbox One Console Launch Exclusive", indicating it's a timed exclusive. So the presenter either misspoke or meant it to say exclusive this year.

Otherwise, they would have just said it was an Xbox One Exclusive.

Oops; My apologies. We're still arguing over semantics though. If it was a true exclusive they'd not have had 'Launch Exclusive' at the beginning. They tried the same stunt with Tomb Raider. Microsoft love to do it.

I can definitely see it coming to PS4 sometime next year.

Pac1Man wrote: »
    It's 5am our time.

The count down says 2 hours, where did you see 5am

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭HairySalmon

The xbox one x isn't expensive for the specs it has at all, but it is expensive for the lineup the xbox has. You're essentially paying that premium for multiplatforms at the best resolution and FPS, which is perfectly reasonable, but there's a lack of exclusives to really incentivise needing one when essentially a PC could take you there too.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,353 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Mickeroo wrote: »

It's a timed exclusive. The video showed the "Launch Exclusive" label on it.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,280 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Oops; My apologies. We're still arguing over semantics though. If it was a true exclusive they'd not have had 'Launch Exclusive' at the beginning. They tried the same stunt with Tomb Raider. Microsoft love to do it.

I can definitely see it coming to PS4 sometime next year.

He has mentioned both platforms in interviews:https://www.vg247.com/2017/05/05/playerunknowns-battlegrounds-developer-already-looking-to-port-the-game-to-xbox-one/

I presume having early access on Xbox allows it to come out a lot sooner.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

irishman86 wrote: »
    The count down says 2 hours, where did you see 5am

IGN and GameSpot's pre shows start 30mins prior. They say 4.30am at the moment.

I remember Eurogamer releasing the same schedule too.

Don't have me getting up at 3am for no reason! :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Another good thing from the conference was that there were no "And there will be weapon skins exclusively for Xbox players". Hate that crap.

Advertisement