Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The big E3 discussion thread

Options

Comments

Not "Exclusively this year".

Couple of lads from work stew over at E3 and what they have been told is that it's a console launch exclusive and not an Xbox One exclusive. Also, I've seen for reports from journalists there and they all state "console launch exclusive".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Jamiekelly

I bought a PC just to play PUBG and it was worth it so if it is an Xbox exclusive for consoles then Sony is in trouble. There are so many things to work out first before getting hyped about it such as:
    - Will it maintain the 100 player servers or have to cut it down?
    - Will the loot spawn be server sided?
    - Will the net code hold up on console?
    - Will it run the same on the regular xbox as the X?

Looks like Microsoft offered Mr. Greene a serious amount of cash to keep it exclusive because you would think that the company who publish the game being Korean would much rather side with the console maker much closer to home. It's great to see an Irish video game developer with an international reputation now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

Pac1Man wrote: »
    IGN and GameSpot's pre shows start 30mins prior. They say 4.30am at the moment.

I remember Eurogamer releasing the same schedule too.

Don't have me getting up at 3am for no reason! :p

http://www.e3countdown.com/
    Haha no Im basing it all on this, you could easily be right

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Wait so 'Console Launch Exclusive' is just code for 'Timed Exclusive'?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,936 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

I've been out of PCs for 6 months or so, but I'd probably guess at close to €800-1000 all in. You're paying less for software though so it's hard to equate.

Could be much less though, honestly have no idea of Ryzen or R9 580 pricing.

I'm sceptical of the 4k60 though, I'd nearly bet there will be a few games at 60fps alright, I'm expecting a lot to run at 30. The industry realised a long time ago that most people will take graphical fidelity over framerate, not sure why the Scorpio would buck that trend.

a good build it yourself machine would cost more than the XBOX S X or whatever its called but could last longer then the next console. Depends on what you want it for

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Wait so 'Console Launch Exclusive' is just code for 'Timed Exclusive'?

Yup, appears to be the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Couple of lads from work stew over at E3 and what they have been told is that it's a console launch exclusive and not an Xbox One exclusive. Also, I've seen for reports from journalists there and they all state "console launch exclusive".

I've just taken a look at a previous article where devs stated they are bringing the game to consoles.

So thats my bad.

I took what the studio owner/dev stated as fact. Not a title on the video :cool:

Some good games but only interested in Single game as do not play multi player much. Luckily most for Windows 10 so sorted with my new PC

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Jamiekelly wrote: »
    It's great to see an Irish video game developer with an international reputation now.

Apart from Sean Murray of course... :rolleyes:

Benzino wrote: »
    Yup, appears to be the case.

Dammit MS!

You gave me reasons to get excited and then threw them all away! :(

• Advertisement

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Apart from Sean Murray of course... :rolleyes:

Anyone who developed no mans sky should have their citizenship removed and put on a desert island. He's not Irish to me, he's a reptilian shapeshifter.

Edit: Someone on the GameSpot forums just pointed out that the very small size of the X along with their cooling system is going to be a massive problem. Apparently the X's technical design will almost certainly increase the risks of overheating and burning out the CPU.

Remember the RRoD issue with the 360? Might be something to take note of as MS have a history of rushing hardware releases to compete with Sony before being tested for long term use.

Isn't it nice to be able to have a conversation on this thread now without 10 posts a minute being posted by the filthy casuals who have now all gone to bed?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Anyone who developed no mans sky should have their citizenship removed and put on a desert island. He's not Irish to me, he's a reptilian shapeshifter.

its not that bad a game tho it was just hyped by sony waaaaaay too much and pushed out before it was ready, its a great little game right now

Isn't it nice to be able to have a conversation on this thread now without 10 posts a minute being posted by the filthy casuals who have now all gone to bed?

What are wrong with casual gamers. Most are casual due to time and want a good game

What are wrong with casual gamers. Most are casual due to time and want a good game

Tongue in cheek.

Tongue in cheek.

Ya took it 2 literal I now know what you are talking about my bad. It is a bit late

jcd5971 wrote: »
    its not that bad a game tho it was just hyped by sony waaaaaay too much and pushed out before it was ready, its a great little game right now

Fair point. I'm just still fuming having paid 60 quid for it when it was clearly a 20 quid indie game. Worth every penny if it was only 20, but 60 was a serious stretch.

That inventory still gives me shivers just thinking about it.

Fair point. I'm just still fuming having paid 60 quid for it when it was clearly a 20 quid indie game. Worth every penny if it was only 20, but 60 was a serious stretch.

That inventory still gives me shivers just thinking about it.

The hazards of buying a game on hype especially if over hyped

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,414 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Oat23 wrote: »
    It gets boring really fast to be honest. Enjoyed it for about a month but it's nothing like the trailer claims it is with all the gun battles. Most people camp at the edge of the circle until it gets down to the last 20 people and then come out to fight.

I don't get the hype for it at all, it looks boring as hell just like h1z1.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,414 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Edit: Someone on the GameSpot forums just pointed out that the very small size of the X along with their cooling system is going to be a massive problem. Apparently the X's technical design will almost certainly increase the risks of overheating and burning out the CPU.

Remember the RRoD issue with the 360? Might be something to take note of as MS have a history of rushing hardware releases to compete with Sony before being tested for long term use.

Murray will never again be seen at e3, he took the money ran .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Techniques07

Just finished watching the Microsoft conference and I have to say it was pretty good. They seem to have learned from previous mistakes and came out strong here. I wish they had been before the EA conference, yeesh. A lot of good games shown and Xbox One X is packaged up very nice. I won't be buying one as I play on PC the past few years but you won't get a pc with them specs for €500 and I have lots of friends who will always buy a PS or Xbox over a pc so €500 isn't bad at all for what you get, it just needs more games now.

Hoping Bethesda is just as good a watch. I'm gonna be wrecked tomorrow :o

• Registered Users Posts: 7,921 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Soooooooo. Who's around?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Soooooooo. Who's around?

I am Darch'y baby.
    Beer is running low tho. Boooooo! Dude on IGN stream said this conference is to be 30 minutes long. Psssh... but honestly, i wouldnt put much faith in what they say :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Techniques07

Hoping Bethesda drop a nice surprise :)

I'm on the coffee at this stage. Probably not a great idea.....

30 mins is plenty of time to reveal three or four titles! :D I predict Evil Within 2, new Wolfenstein, this Starfield yoke, and VR/4K versions of older titles.

Actually, when I say "predict", I really mean "agree with certain rumours I've heard". :o

• Registered Users Posts: 11,967 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

A new Wolfenstein game would go down great with me :)

VR Doom and VR Fallout 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    A new Wolfenstein game would go down great with me :)

Ive yet to play the latest Wolfenstein game :(

Had my chance to nab it cheap in Agros but I never did. I regret it. Now i'm too arsed to find it cheap online lol.

• Advertisement

Skyrim for Switch, as expected.

Advertisement