Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The big E3 discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

I thought the Xbox one was ok, but the PC one is terribly boring

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

irishman86 wrote: »
    I thought the Xbox one was ok, but the PC one is terribly boring

As painful and forced as most of these are....

Some are bearable, this one has been relegated to background already... :)

Irish guy is back

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Rumblings of something being announced tonight to do with Shadow Of The Colossus.

Ok Ive decided its the terrible host, hes just horrible

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

PC Show has been the best so far. A casual chat, sitting down and a bit of back and forth is a much more interesting format. Walking out on stage to ask for applause, show a trailer, and then walk off is so poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Bit disappointed that VR was not mentioned for the Xbox x. What happened there?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,353 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Saving it up until the affordable headsets start coming on stream, most likely. The ones from Lenovo, etc. I don't think that Microsoft want to make their own, they'll just say "we support these headsets from our partners".

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Techniques07

Pretty sure they have mentioned before that they wouldn't think about that until 2018, correct me if I'm wrong. If you are launching a new console, you're going to want to concentrate on getting that out and getting people to buy it before you move on to things like VR so I can understand that. I think you'll see something next E3 or they just won't be bothering with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

AGE OF EMPIRES

Ok hold the hype, a ****ing remaster. Those ****ing masterbaiters

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Yeah thought it was AOE4 announcement :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

remakes
    ports
    multiplats
    console games

0horF5T.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭HairySalmon

AGE OF EMPIRES

Where are you watching this?

Where are you watching this?

https://www.twitch.tv/twitch

AGE OF EMPIRES

Day 1, I have put an unhealthy number of hours into both AOE 1&2 since it was first released, memories of the old Microsoft Gaming Zone coming back.

Any decent RTS games annoucned?

Xenji wrote: »
    Day 1, I have put an unhealthy number of hours into both AOE 1&2 since it was first released, memories of the old Microsoft Gaming Zone coming back.

As have i, it was the first game i ever played online on my 56k modem :D They should have just rebooted it with 3D graphics, new mechanics and maybe some new civs/units but they probably don't have the budget for it. The unit animations don't even look that good, but its alpha/beta footage so there is still time to improve

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

AOE2 an online game where anyone could unanimously pause the game and everyone who'd try to unpause it would create a cascade of pause/unpause/pause/unpause/pause/unpause/pause/unpause/pause/unpause/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,415 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

jcd5971 wrote: »
    All true it depends I suppose on what your looking for, I bought darkest dungeon on PC and PS4 and it's way better an experience on PC nothing to do with visuals it's just optimized for pc controls etc and ported to console,wastlenad 2 was the same and to a lesser degree so is xcom.

It's the reverse with alot of AAA games it's clear PC is a tagged on port.

For example I have a good pcfor gaming not great but still good to go for another year or two before I need to rejig it.

However there is no hope in hell I'll play destiny on PC over PS4 on release.

It's not really one or the other is best for me, I think they both compliment each other in a way and fulfill different needs

It would be PC all the way for me but for the exclusives. If it wasn't for them it wouldnt interest me at all like the xbox. I still think Sony should be doing a lot better on that front but I think some of that has to do with Japan finally embracing steam.

Saying that if the only exclusive was bloodborne I'd have both a PS4 at twice the price for that game.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,843 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Looks like Sony is gonna win E3 with this lineup

https://twitter.com/KazHiraiCEO/status/872140173160665089

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Needs more Knack 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Zero-Cool wrote:
    Looks like Sony is gonna win E3 with this lineup

Get rid of that pesky LOU2 demo & announce knack for PS+ every month going forward until 2027.

You would be fairly Knackered after watching that.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,031 ✭✭✭Doge

Oh ohh, gamergate raises its head again regarding The Last Night:

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/milkshake-duck?full=1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭wally1990

I don't normally play games but thinking of jumping into the old Age of empires , is there downloadable free versions about or just buy outright as a disk ?

Cheers

Would like to kill a few hours getting into it

wally1990 wrote: »
    I don't normally play games but thinking of jumping into the old Age of empires , is there downloadable free versions about or just buy outright as a disk ?

Cheers

Would like to kill a few hours getting into it

You can download this first one for free and you can get AOE 2 HD for under €5 if you take a look through http://www.allkeyshop.com

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Doge wrote: »
    Oh ohh, gamergate raises its head again regarding The Last Night:
    https://twitter.com/Brad_Glasgow/status/874246925272350721

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭wally1990

You can download this first one for free and you can get AOE 2 HD for under €5 if you take a look through http://www.allkeyshop.com

Ah legend! Cheers for that help !

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Ubisoft conference now. I hope they have a game where there's a tower on the map and if you climb up, in uncovers new sections of the map. That'd be cool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Ubisoft on soon. For the 8th year in a row Beyond Good & Evil 2 please :(

Advertisement