Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The big E3 discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Plane ticket to Egypt included?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

ShaneU wrote: »
    $799 Assassin's creed collector's edition....yes that's seven hundred and ninety nine dollars.

ACO_Content_Tab_LEGEND.jpg

I have a witcher statue and thought maybe that was to much :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

martyos121 wrote: »

At least you get the season pass...

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

That Pirate game is basically recycled AC Blag Flag. I dunno do they actually give a Sh!te anymore or are they actually the greatest trolls ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,282 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

You kid but flights to Cairo can be got for €150 each-way certain times of the year.. You could spend 10 days in Egypt, do all the historical tours, visit Abydos (Abdju) & Luxor (Thebes) and probably still have enough to buy the regular edition of the game when you get back. That is f*cking insane and anyone who buys that edition needs to be sectioned.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,460 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I assume at 800 quid the 'naval mission' is an actual real life naval mission in an ancient Egyptian ship.

At this point collector's editions - which are pretty much never worth it - are just publishers daring players to buy utter crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Ubisoft are weird, they still make some absolutely great games (or at least publish them) but my christ if they don't make some of the biggest missteps of any developer ever. $799. Jesus. Should be in the gaming humour thread

Oat23 wrote: »
    You kid but flights to Cairo can be got for ?150 each-way certain times of the year.. You could spend 10 days in Egypt, do all the historical tours, visit Abydos (Abdju) & Luxor (Thebes) and probably still have enough to buy the regular edition of the game when you get back. That is f*cking insane and anyone who buys that edition needs to be sectioned.

Why arent you in the Bundesliga thread :eek: :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

For 800 Quid we could throw our Own GamerCon :pac:

Agreed that the cursing in that Beyond Good and Evil video is really ham handed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,282 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

irishman86 wrote: »
    Why arent you in the Bundesliga thread :eek: :pac:

I need to find something else to complain about until August :)

Oat23 wrote: »
    I need to find something else to complain about until August :)

And clearly plan a trip to Egypt :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,936 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Well if people are crazy enough to pay that price for a collector edition well iy shows Ubisoft made a vreate profit making decision. I wont be

I'd genuinely be surprised if they made more than 15 or 20 of them. They would definitely sell that many and those statues would become uber rare. I'm guessing that's what Ubi are trying to do here.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Its probably $199 and is just a misprint.

Surely not $799

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Rossi IRL wrote: »

Surely not $799

Man it includes a naval mission, it's definitely $799.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,936 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Rossi IRL wrote: »

Surely not $799

More than likely you are correct but a funny mistake to make and will be around for ages

Just read there's 200 of them up for grabs. In completely unrelated news, Ubisoft are also sponsoring the 2017 World's Most Gullible Consumer awards, winners announced October 27th.

EDIT: Correction, there's actually 999 of them. Christ.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

I'd genuinely be surprised if they made more than 15 or 20 of them. They would definitely sell that many and those statues would become uber rare. I'm guessing that's what Ubi are trying to do here.
    There's 999 of them.

The next edition down is a far more reasonable €160. All that's missing is the four lithographs, and the statue is a lot smaller. I'm quite interested in that tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Housemarques next game Matterfall has shown up on the PS store for pre order, should be some new footage of it tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

K.O.Kiki wrote: »

Almost every word was F**K in that trailer.. jesus..

• Registered Users Posts: 29,108 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Was looking at the comparison chart for the Assassin's Creed and you don;t even get everything in it
    http://store.ubi.com/eu/assassin-s-creed--origins---dawn-of-the-creed-collector-s-case---legendary-edition/592598cbef3aa5164c8b4568.html

Almost every word was F**K in that trailer.. jesus..

DLC to include Negan from the Walking Dead comic and McNulty and Bunk investigating a crime scene

GT Sport confirmed for a 2017 release on the pre show, although we all know that could change.

New game from Supermassive Games looks really interesting, Knack 2 coming out September 5th at a discounted price.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

A lot of ears have suddenly become adverse to the F word...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Knack 2 out this year.

Congratulations on officially winning E3, Sony.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,414 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Kylo Ren wrote: »
    Knack 2 out this year.

Congratulations on officially winning E3, Sony.

They will win it when they announce legend of dragoon 2.

:pac:

Matterfall looked like Resogun meets Contra.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

I've been waiting for a chance to play Undertale. Excellent.

Advertisement