Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The big E3 discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

No ff7 remake? Very disappointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,327 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Spider man not out until next year?

dunworth1 wrote: »
    Very poor show

Zero interaction with us might as well just have released a trailer reel on YouTube

Jesus, most years people complain that there's too much on stage talking and not enough games.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Only SOTC, Monster Hunter and Hidden Agenda from the pre show really interest me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Nothing in that blew me away. To be honest Skyrim VR was the biggest deal to me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Poor show overall.

SOTC remaster is nice, so is Horizon DLC. GoW looks good and so does Spiderman but nothing blew my socks off.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Nothing that we didn't already know really except Monster Hunter.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

I thought From software were gonna show something new? :confused:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

That's it?

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Techniques07

Liked that Spiderman and Detroit looks like it could be good, but not much else there for me this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

where was the last of us 2? why did they announce some uncharted game if they are in the middle of developing tlou2

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,413 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'd say production won't shift into gear on that until they finish the uncharted game.

Very lacking showing from Sony. Uncharted and God of War looked good but not exactly earth shattering.

Hopefully Nintendo can bring some excitement to the show but I think it's doubtful they'll announce anything big.

Jesus, most years people complain that there's too much on stage talking and not enough games.

There's a difference between having too much and none at all

Just look at the audience bored and uninterested

I seen nothing to interest me to buy into ps this year

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Damn, dreams of Spyro remakes/remasters dashed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

dunworth1 wrote: »
    Very poor show

Zero interaction with us might as well just have released a trailer reel on YouTube

How would that have any impact on what games they showed?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,752 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Disappointed there were no real huge surprises, but still

Uncharted DLC
    Horizon DLC
    More Days Gone footage
    SOTC remake (never played original)
    God of War footage
    Detroit piqued my interest more than last years trailer
    Spiderman looked fantastic

All proper exclusives too. Sony didn't need to do more than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I'd say production won't shift into gear on that until they finish the uncharted game.

Very lacking showing from Sony. Uncharted and God of War looked good but not exactly earth shattering.

Hopefully Nintendo can bring some excitement to the show but I think it's doubtful they'll announce anything big.

Nintendo always disappoints me. So many times they have shown up or done their directs and done something super awful.

Heres metroid!......pinball!.
    Here's Pokemon!.....fighting game!

nix wrote: »
    I thought From software were gonna show something new? :confused:

Probably at the Tokyo Game Show.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

I liked Detroit become human.

Spiderman, i am in the middle. I need to see more. I am looking for the open world fun of sunset overdrive. So I am hoping for less cutscenes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

I liked Detroit become human.

Spiderman, i am in the middle. I need to see more. I am looking for the open world fun of sunset overdrive. So I am hoping for less cutscenes.

With all the cutscenes in that short amount of footage, that game could be 4 hours long max.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,543 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Nintendo's is meant to be all stuff coming in 2017 so very unlikely to be anything too crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

wasnt that the reveal for that uncharted game? so tlou2 was announced first. damn it

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Probably the worst E3 that I can remember, but Spider-Man definitely numbs the pain a bit. It's exactly what all of us Spider-Man 2 fans (so, pretty much everyone) was waiting for. Looks like great fun altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

With all the cutscenes in that short amount of footage, that game could be 4 hours long max.

I like the dev studio so I hope not. I'd really like to see a few minutes off mission to see what you can get up to.

Hopefully this isn't a quick Marvel cash grab.

Pac1Man wrote: »
    How would that have any impact on what games they showed?

Well we might know if they were exclusive or not

Are any of those games on ps pro? We have no idea

Or when are most of these out?

The preshow was better than the main show

You can tell it was a bad E3 when you are more hyped by a remaster of a 20 year old game than anything else.

Also was the footage gameplay or in game engine?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,413 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

wasnt that the reveal for that uncharted game? so tlou2 was announced first. damn it

It's been announced a good while back. It was meant to be DLC to uncharted 4 but apparently it's become such a big game that it's a standalone title now.

Nintendo's is meant to be all stuff coming in 2017 so very unlikely to be anything too crazy.

Nintendo can and have announced pretty big games a few weeks before release. Kind of doubt it will happen here but I can hope. The main focus will be the new mario.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Meh 2 poor conferences from Microsoft/Sony.

Both showed a quantity of games but they lacked the quality.

Realistically id only buy 2-3 from each conference although Sony did show a fair few extra games in the pre show.

Ubisoft the best conference so far.

Advertisement