Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The big E3 discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,412 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

No ff7 remake? Very disappointed.

You say that like it's actually going to get released :p

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Sieghardt

extremely disappointing show from Sony, the ones I thought was guaranteed to be good

• Registered Users Posts: 7,921 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Monster Hunter World coming to Xbox One as well, and PC eventually.

https://twitter.com/monsterhunter/status/874437932416880640

• I was moaning about the MS conference. Well Sony's was dreadful.

Save e3 Nintendo!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,004 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Thought Sony had a win with Monster Hunter World but coming to Xbox and then PC means I'll probably just get it on PC assuming the port isn't ****e.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

What's the big deal about Monster Hunter? What does it compare to?
    Not too much I'd be interested in except for Shadow of the Colossus.
    Might pick up Horizon now that the DLC is on the way.

• sugarman wrote: »
    Such an underwhelming E3 so far.

Developers really are afraid to try anything new and bold these days. Stick to the same, safe generic formulas. Rehash after rehash. Remaster after remaster.

Pretty much like the film industry at the moment.
    tbf
    Even though MS conference wasn't great they did try show some obscure titles and or a lot of indie games.

• Penn wrote: »
    Disappointed there were no real huge surprises, but still

Uncharted DLC
    Horizon DLC
    More Days Gone footage
    SOTC remake (never played original)
    God of War footage
    Detroit piqued my interest more than last years trailer
    Spiderman looked fantastic

All proper exclusives too. Sony didn't need to do more than that.

Yes they did. Just because the currently hold a majority of the market share doesn't mean they shouldn't make more of an effort.
    That was dreadful from Sony.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Very disappointing stuff from Sony. Mostly games announced last year that won't be out until next year, they're in total cruise control given the lead they have on Microsoft.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭Penn

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Yes they did. Just because the currently hold a majority of the market share doesn't mean they shouldn't make more of an effort.
    That was dreadful from Sony.

Their effort is in their exclusives.

Days Gone - Brand new IP
    God of War - Old IP but with rebuilt from the ground up with new gameplay style, setting, enemies and story
    Detroit: Become Human - Brand New IP
    Spider-Man - Huge big-name game from a studio who never did a Spider-Man game before (as in, it's not like Beenox are pumping out another SM game)
    Horizon DLC - DLC to one of the biggest new exclusive games of the year (which was also a brand new IP)
    Uncharted DLC - A huge standalone DLC to one of Playstation's biggest best-selling franchises, the last game of which sold over 8m copies

These aren't small indie games, or PC ports, or being touted as "console launch exclusives". These are AAA Playstation exclusives. Even though they were all games announced before, that can't be dismissed lightly.

Like I said, I'm disappointed there were no big surprises, probably other than the SOTC remaster. I was really hoping for a glimpse at what Sucker Punch have been working on, though then the argument could be made that Sony shouldn't show something like that since it might not be out for another few years (same with TLOU2). But, in terms of what games do many of the core PS4 fanbase want to play... Sony hit the nail on the head for me. EA, Ubisoft, Microsoft, Bethesda... they already showed so much of the multiplatform games coming soon. Sony for the most part focused on their exclusives, what you can only get from them. And the 6 games/DLC I mentioned above, I want to play all of them (though I'll wait for reviews on Detroit first because I'm still skeptical of it). I might even go for SOTC as I never played the original.

The conference was short, but we also only had Shawn Layden out to speak twice. Bar the Indian music at the start, there was no padding whatsoever. Just game after game after game.

• Advertisement

Read on twitter that there was more games shown at the Sony pre-show. Any details on that?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Read on twitter that there was more games shown at the Sony pre-show. Any details on that?

Just Crash Bandicoot and Gran Turismo, nothing exciting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

it's clear e3 is not the be all and end all for game announcements anymore sure wasn't last of us 2 revealed at a PS4 event show or something

glad I didn't stay up to watch it though I think what's disappointing people is this stuff was all pretty much announced before with nothing new revealed for the 1st time

Far Cry 5 looks decent. Think it could be the first one I play since the one in Africa.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,412 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Absolutely knackered today. So not worth staying up for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

SpiderMan QTE adventure :(

Very underwhelming E3 tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,966 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Far Cry 5 looks decent. Think it could be the first one I play since the one in Africa.

It does. I recommend you play FC3 too, it's excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Spidey looks ****ing class! A lot of games copy Arkham combat \stealth but come nowhere close but this looks like it nails it. I honestly thought it would be out this year though.

I never got around to playing SOTC so will definitely be getting the remaster.

Was hoping for some Yakuza. I need to see more of Days Gone.

https://twitter.com/KazHiraiCEO/status/874448380965027840

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Spiderman looked great and happy with Horizon DLC, not too bothered about the rest.

Pretty boring E3 overall so far. Not expecting many surprises from Nintendo but god I'd love some solid Switch VC news.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Zero-Cool wrote: »

Whoever runs that twitter account is a comedic genius. :D:D

• Advertisement

Like what Sony showed and you have to remember that Sony have their own events at which they announce upcoming titles so it's not surprising that their E3 show was just a more in depth look at what's coming. Have to hand it to them but when it comes to exclusives they are going all out. Expect more left field oddities at the Tokyo Game Show and honestly the coming year or two has a lot of good looking games coming from Sony.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Sony, whilst they are on top of their game, they love dropping the ball, and why am I surprised?

Seems a very underwhelming show from what I'm watching so far....

Can't wait for Nintendo now, all they have to do is show me as much Odyssey as possible... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Whoever runs that twitter account is a comedic genius. :D:D

:pac:

https://twitter.com/KazHiraiCEO/status/874546127131090945

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

maximoose wrote: »
    Not expecting many surprises from Nintendo but god I'd love some solid Switch VC news.

Which says it all really.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

If Nintendo announce that Konami are making a patchable PES for the Switch, I'll buy one tomorrow.

• Resident Evil 2 Remake confirmed for Switch = The Fappening Part 3

• Registered Users Posts: 28,098 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Resident Evil 2 Remake confirmed for Switch = The Fappening Part 3

Really?

Game of the show so far for me is Mario + Rabbids. Close second is the xcom 2 dlc and then God of War which looks a lot better than the last time it was shown.

• emmetkenny wrote: »
    Really?

I'm dreaming :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,098 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I'm dreaming :)

I'd buy a Switch for a remake of RE2 :)

Advertisement