Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The big E3 discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Nintendo better not give Europeans shirty 50hz VC titles again. It's insane they still did that in this day and age.

Whats the reason behind them doing that now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭qrx

biggebruv wrote: »
    ok but I don't think it's fair that sony is getting all this stuff directed at them when they have alot of 1st party content released or on the way

Look at Microsofts first party content it's been non-existent since like gears 4 and they have brought out virtually nothing and have revealed virtually nothing except for a new console thats a bit more powerful than the pro yeah yeah and original back compat uggghhh

Do you honestly believe MS have nothing in the pipeline. They've said they are not going to announce anything that is not ready. MS are at the beginning of a new cycle.

I found the PS4 titles to be all very samey, with some exceptions like Spider-man but even in that it's still very familiar to Batman fans. Eurogamer summed it up nicely in this article There's no doubt Sony have a comfortable enough lead that they can play it safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

jonnycivic wrote: »

Hiroshima

• Registered Users Posts: 33,745 ✭✭✭✭Penn

dunworth1 wrote: »
    no issue with the first half of the year but what about the rest of the year?

is there anything of note coming before christmas?

Sept-Xmas is always choc-a-block with multiplatform multiplayer games, then general annual or bi-annual games. This year alone includes Destiny 2, Star Wars Battlefront 2, Call of Duty WW2, Fifa/Madden etc. Then you have other big franchises like Shadow of War, Assassin's Creed, Need for Speed, Marvel V Capcom.

Sony normally hold off and release games in the Spring/Summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Could never work it out. Best I could guess was those versions are already translated to multiple languages. Even then, they could just give the option on the US version.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Nintendo better not give Europeans shirty 50hz VC titles again. It's insane they still did that in this day and age.
    Pac1Man wrote: »
    Hiroshima

What's that got to do with Europeans? It was the yanks that done that.

Or if you really want to get technical it was the dolphins.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,327 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Destiny 2, Call of Duty, FIFA etc all land around September.

those are games which are out on all platforms

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

you never asked what exclusives are coming out. :rolleyes: Either way it doesnt matter about the platform they come out on because they still make the company money. FIFA and COD are both big sellers and when games go up against them (Titanfall2 is a good example of this) they do lose out so why on earth Sony would shoot themselves in the foot like that by releasing a game at the same time is madness.

Yeah, which sell in huge numbers and could impact sales. Why release a new game, particularly a new IP, in an already over-saturated time frame? Better to hold off until Spring/Summer where there's less competition and people are looking for something different to play.

Just look at how Titanfall 2 and Rise of the Tomb Raider have done in past years. Titanfall 2 got crushed between COD and Battlefield, even though by many accounts it was the best game out of the three. Similarly so with Rise of the Tomb Raider, people just held off on it until after the Xmas rush.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

biggebruv wrote: »
    ok but I don't think it's fair that sony is getting all this stuff directed at them when they have alot of 1st party content released or on the way

Look at Microsofts first party content it's been non-existent since like gears 4 and they have brought out virtually nothing and have revealed virtually nothing except for a new console thats a bit more powerful than the pro yeah yeah and original back compat uggghhh

I suggest you watch the Xbox conference again. It was full of games.

Xbox should be praised for giving indie devs a good spotlight and support on top of their incoming 2017 exclusives.

Fans want backward compatibility and they got it, for FREE. Can't scoff at fans of Xbox being happy to get what they want.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭HairySalmon

Both conferences I've seen so far have been brutally boring

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Localization, they don't want to have to recode the old games to add that to the retro games. So, lazy, tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

I liked the Xbox One X though, the price is too big however.

Think Nintendo is going be 20 minutes of Mario Odyssey, five minutes of Arms/Mario+Rabbids and 10 minutes of 3DS.

It's the same price as the Xbox One when it launched in 2013.

Its not a bad price at all but when you look and can get a ps4/xbone for approx 250 now its a good step up higher in terms of money especially for parents with young kids.

As long as I can trade in my launch Xbox One and get the One X for €350 with that, I'm happy to get it.

Nah, price is spot on. Can't afford it? Get the S instead. Or wait a year for the inevitable price drop. Just look at the Elite controller and how popular that was. €150 for a controller?! Yet people love it.

Its not a bad price at all but when you look and can get a ps4/xbone for approx 250 now its a good step up higher in terms of money especially for parents with young kids.

Not the target market at all.

Even as low as €200 now when they are on sale.

Xbox have already stated this is a premium product for the more hardcore gamer so I don't think it's the right product for parents with young kids. They'll get more than enough from the Xbox One and PS4.

• Advertisement

Which was too expensive at the time too (due to being bundled with the Kinect). €500 is a hell of a price for the Xbox One X considering what it can do, but I was on the fence about getting one, and the price has pushed me to the No side, at least until a price drop or some new console exclusives.
    qrx wrote: »
    Nah, price is spot on. Can't afford it? Get the S instead. Or wait a year for the inevitable price drop. Just look at the Elite controller and how popular that was. €150 for a controller?! Yet people love it.

I don't think for most people who already have a PS4 that the S alone is worth it (and vice versa). The vast majority of games are multi-platform. What matters most between them is what your mates play on and what exclusives you prefer. I was interested in the X but even the new gameplay trailer they released for Crackdown... it's just not enough to sell me on it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭cavemeister

New to this thread and apologies if this has already been discussed (there are 98 pages so far) but EA's Anthem looks epic.

Watched the 10 min game-play promo and was blown away by it. Reminds me of a much more grown up Destiny.

Will part with my money for that game for sure.

Even as low as €200 now when they are on sale.

Xbox have already stated this is a premium product for the more hardcore gamer so I don't think it's the right product for parents with young kids. They'll get more than enough from the Xbox One and PS4.

New to this thread and apologies if this has already been discussed (there are 98 pages so far) but EA's Anthem looks epic.

Watched the 10 min game-play promo and was blown away by it. Reminds me of a much more grown up Destiny.

Will part with my money for that game for sure.

Yeah I thought it looked great. Will definitely need to see more of it though closer to release.

Good start.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Cantstandsya

Kinder Bueno Advert - The Game

Xbox should be praised for giving indie devs a good spotlight and support on top of their incoming 2017 exclusives.

You mean what Sony have been doing since the PS4 launched and many people complained that all the PS4 was for indie titles. Sony embraced indie games a long time ago and have helped since of the best small games in years get the audience they deserve.
    Fans want backward compatibility and they got it, for FREE. Can't scoff at fans of Xbox being happy to get what they want.

Do they though, hasn't the entire use of backward comparability amounted to less than 30 minutes per console sold. It's a nice feature but what Xbox One owners want are games they can't play anywhere else and on that front the One is dead in the water.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,411 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Disappointing traditional Kirby. It will be good but Kirby is always better when it's weird and wildly innovative. Apparently they alternate traditional and weird Kirby.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,411 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Pokemon for switch. Pity it will be next year.

• Advertisement

Please be metroid

Advertisement