Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The big E3 discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,411 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Yes!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,106 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Woohoo!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,411 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Damn no gameplay.

• OH MY ****

METROID PRIME 4

HEADSHOTTTT

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Time to buy a Switch now I suppose

• Advertisement

If this Yoshi game is as fun as the brilliant woolly world I'll be happy.

Fire emblem Musou game. I'd say meh but team ninja might bring nuance to the combat.

• giphy.gif

New Metroid

Wasn't excited by trial of the sword but it looks like a combat focused eventide island.

Second DLC looks like a prequel.

More Amiibo. Take my money.

• Advertisement

I think I saw a glimpse of donkey Kong.

• My Body is Reggie

Local multiplayer rocket league should be fun if it's supported.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Rocket League woohoo

• Registered Users Posts: 5,327 ✭✭✭dunworth1

jonnycivic wrote: »
    you never asked what exclusives are coming out. :rolleyes: Either way it doesnt matter about the platform they come out on because they still make the company money. FIFA and COD are both big sellers and when games go up against them (Titanfall2 is a good example of this) they do lose out so why on earth Sony would shoot themselves in the foot like that by releasing a game at the same time is madness.

my orginal post was in response to sony exclusives didnt think i would need to mention exclusives every time :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Mario looks fantastic.

Ok Mario Odysee looks ****ing brilliant

Edit: boobs.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Wow Mario looks fantastic

Wait that's it?

• The stream went down :(

• Registered Users Posts: 33,745 ✭✭✭✭Penn

dunworth1 wrote: »
    my orginal post was in response to sony exclusives didnt think i would need to mention exclusives every time :rolleyes:

I think jonnycivic's point was that with those big-name multiplatform games coming out between now and Xmas, there's no point in Sony releasing exclusives in the same timeframe due to the number of games coming out. Microsoft releasing Forza and Crackdown in that period makes sense to go along with the console launch, but single-player exclusives (and even some multiplayer-focused games) tend to get lost in the mix when released in that busy period.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Wow Mario looks fantastic

Wait that's it?

They're over to the Nintendo Treehouse now:

Live Mario Oddessy gameplay now.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

If you think Switches were hard to get before, they're going to be like gold dust come Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,106 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Rocket League cross platform. Now what platforms.

Metroid and Mario were all I wanted to I'm happy. Everything else is a bonus

Rabbids, Xenoblade, fire emblem Musou and Mario this year. New yoshi, Kirby, metroid prime and Pokemon later. Not Nintendos best but more than enough to blow everything else away from the other platform holders.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I love Nintendo, but the double standards are laughable

Microsoft/Playstation:
    "Here's the next entry in Popular Game Franchise"
    Viewers: "Oh, but is that actual gameplay, or a cutscene? And is it running on the console or on a high powered PC? Anyway, it'll be more of the same, just another sequel"
    Nintento: "4"
    Viewers:

2760282-8795855546-i1WlZ.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

^^^^ I remember that and I cringed so hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Rocket League cross platform. Now what platforms.

Metroid and Mario were all I wanted to I'm happy. Everything else is a bonus
    We've now heard confirmation of the platforms Rocket League will allow for cross-network play with: Xbox One, Windows 10 and Steam.

Just like Minecraft, PlayStation has seemingly not opted in to be included.
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-06-12-rocket-league-confirmed-for-switch-with-cross-network-play

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I love Nintendo, but the double standards are laughable

Microsoft/Playstation: "Here's the next entry in Popular Game Franchise"
    Viewers: "Oh, but is that actual gameplay, or a cutscene? And is it running on the console or on a high powered PC? Anyway, it'll be more of the same, just another sequel" :rollyes:
    Nintento: "4"
    Viewers:

Gears of War 1-4, Halo 1-5, Uncharted 1-4 - they're all the same game with nicer graphics.

Trace the lineage of Zelda and Mario and they're generation defining, genre creating games.

Really wish they showed some Metroid. It could be 2 years out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Really wish they showed some Metroid. It could be 2 years out.

At least you actually rely on Nintendo to release a game within that time window (and often sooner than expected I've found) as opposed to Cupheads etc

I've always maintained you only (objectively?) need 5-6 really great games to justify owning a console. The Switch is approaching that threshold now

Zelda
    Mario Kart 8
    Splatoon 2
    Mario Odyssey
    Yoshi
    Metroid 4

Essentially the same list of games I ended up with on the Wii U, but with Pikmin instead of Metroid

Advertisement