Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The big E3 discussion thread

Options

Comments

• M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Just under 3 hours and counting until Nintendo lays the Smackdown on E3

Confirmed

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,411 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Gears of War 1-4, Halo 1-5, Uncharted 1-4 - they're all the same game with nicer graphics.

Trace the lineage of Zelda and Mario and they're generation defining, genre creating games.

The whole Nintendo only rely on the same games over and over annoys me. It completely ignores the fact that Nintendo changes gameplay completely between games in each IP they have. The exception was Zelda which was very safe and yet the last two Zelda games threw the rule book out the window with BotW being a massive game changer for open world games.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    The whole Nintendo only rely on the same games over and over annoys me. It completely ignores the fact that Nintendo changes gameplay completely between games in each IP they have. The exception was Zelda which was very safe and yet the last two Zelda games threw the rule book out the window with BotW being a massive game changer for open world games.

^ This. Can't emphasise this enough.

I'd say the Metroid Prime games didn't change that much, other than the dual environments mechanic in Echoes.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,411 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

**** more Metroid!

Metroid 2 remake!

• Advertisement

That explains the Cease and Desist of the fan made game.

• OMG More metroid

hmm, it's developed by mercury stream.... Castlevania Mirror of Fate was metroidvania but awful. I hope this is better.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,685 ✭✭✭Inviere

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Retro studios don't have the man power anymore for a prime type game.

aoig3z8sfmlim7nczlzm.png

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Victor McDade

You just knew it was a big title the way Reggie talked it up but would name it before the video

• Advertisement

Inviere wrote: »
    aoig3z8sfmlim7nczlzm.png

:D

Glad I'm wrong, although the developer hasn't been announced.

They had lost a huge amount of talent and the CEO said they weren't able to do a game like Metroid again but Nintendo must have invested in them after how good their Donkey Kong games were.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Little things I love in games: the way Samus aims behind here in the Metroid 2 remake on the stream now, tiny little animation touch but makes the game look great.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

qrx wrote: »
    Not the target market at all.

Well I'm a gamer and a parent with young kids so should I not even think of getting a One X for myself? What i meant with my post is that people dont have the money to go all out because kids and life in general so will opt to go the cheaper route because its the same games etc your only sacrificing a bit on the graphics.

This looks a hell of a lot better than Mirror of Fate.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Member when kids weren't all spoiled little s**ts? I member

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,458 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I'm pretty sure, barring an unexpected flop, the Switch is in line to have the greatest first year line-up of any console in recent memory.

Nintendo are ****ing bringing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭HairySalmon

I'd really kill for more MK8 DLC for more tracks!

• Member when kids weren't all spoiled little s**ts? I member

What are you on about lad?
    Edit* NM!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

I'm pretty sure, barring an unexpected flop, the Switch is in line to have the greatest first year line-up of any console in recent memory.

Nintendo are ****ing bringing it.

Yaknow what...I keep forgetting its only 3 months old! If the manage to get Metroid, Pokemon or the mainline Fire Emblem out by next March its still the launch year.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,458 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

We should allow for the fact that Breath of the Wild is better than the entire back catalogues of some major consoles, but even without that they're still bringing the A-game and then some :)

• Advertisement

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    What are you on about lad?

Ah don't mind me, just the thought of younger kids "needing" a €500 machine for games make my head melt :o

I spent ages convincing myself to take the leap and buy a Switch and I'm 31. that said, glad I rolled the dice now having seen the upcoming titles

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

We should allow for the fact that Breath of the Wild is better than the entire back catalogues of some major consoles, but even without that they're still bringing the A-game and then some :)

It's good alright, but Jesus that's nonsense.

• It's good alright, but Jesus that's nonsense.

Out of interest whats better than Breath of the Wild?

Nah, the CDi is a console :)

Any love for Pikmin? :o

Any love for Pikmin? :o

Yeah a Pikmin game would be great.

Loving the Etrian odyssey style map for this new metroid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Jaguar.
    There might be a point in there somewhere.

Edit: ok maybe not dreamcast.... buuuut it's close

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

He's the least Japanese looking Japanese person I have ever seen.

Hey, the Saturn was amazing if you could import Japanese games!

• Advertisement

I was semi-thinking the original Xbox :p

It was a bit of hyperbolic licence, but yeah there probably is some semblance of truth in there.

The CDi was REALLY **** after all.

But yes, Nintendo are going for broke, and I really hope it pays off for them. Their willingness to experiment with the likes of Arms and Splatoon is also very welcome after a few years where it did feel they were relying on the big names.

Advertisement