Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The big E3 discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Any e that thinks bubgie are paying to put a Playstation logo in their advert doesn't know how business works. Sony is paying to have that in the adverts.

I heard that Sony gave Bungie a wedgie and was going to stick their head down the toilet and flush it before they started crying and said they'd give Sony exclusive content if Sony would stop bullying them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

SeantheMan wrote: »
    On an E3 note, none of my E3 dreams came true.

Was hoping against hope for maybe something related to Tenchu, or Onimusha or more Death Stranding or something big from Blizzard.....maybe some Shadow Drops....like DOWNLOAD NOW .
    Most of the main games I'm interested in seem to be 2018, and most of em were already a known quantity.

Don't Blizzard usually keep their big announcements for Blizzcon? and then re-announce / show off at the following E3?

They are currently hiring for a brand new Diablo (4?) game, with some of the job descriptions emphasising multiplayer/MMO experience. Personally, would love to see them move Diablo into the Destiny style of game. Just can't see them going full MMO on it, as the MMO genre, to me, seems to be, not dieing, but in limbo a little. And if there is one company that could revive it, it's Blizzard. I still think it'll be Destinyesque.
    He should get himself a PS4 then… :P

I'd be surprised if he doesn't have one already, unless his contract states he's not allowed.

Uncharted as amazing looking as it is, just gets really boring after a while.

It does get a bit of life near the end apart from those fecking annoying
    exploding corpses
    but it feels too little, too late at that stage. Might have been a more enjoyable experience if they halved the time it took to complete but it felt like a slog at times.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

SeantheMan wrote: »
    I stopped halfway through 3 because it got boring, but in saying that I started 4 yesterday...because it was on sale on PSN.

Found 4 a hell of a lot more boring than 3. Enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭earthwormjack

Penn wrote: »
    Think that's the rebooted one from 2013 for 360 and PS3. That figure would also include the Definitive Editions then released for XB1 and PS4.

Rise of the Tomb Raider hasn't sold half that.
    PS4 - 1.69m
    360 - 0.34m
    XB1 - 1.51m
    Windows - 0.15m
    http://www.vgchartz.com/game/82906/rise-of-the-tomb-raider/

Vgchartz are not reliable at all from what I remember unless they update their figures months later from official sources. Rise of the tomb raider is at over 1.4 million on steam.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

What conferences are left?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

None left. All game demos now.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Jesus, missed the Metroid 2 remake news after the Nintendo show yesterday. No wonder they came down so hard on AMR2.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

No wonder they came down so hard on AMR2.

Not like you can get AMR2 on anything but a PC.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

Uncharted as amazing looking as it is, just gets really boring after a while.

I disagree, I think they made it the perfect length

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

speaking of tomb raider where was part 3?
    rumoured to be called shadow of the tomb raider and is well into development

loved rise TR great action adventure game imo

biggebruv wrote: »
    speaking of tomb raider where was part 3?
    rumoured to be called shadow of the tomb raider and is well into development

loved rise TR great action adventure game imo

Is it called that because the poor sales of Rise means its a shadow of its former self?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

We should allow for the fact that Breath of the Wild is better than the entire back catalogues of some major consoles, but even without that they're still bringing the A-game and then some

I don't know what drugs your on but oh boy the must be strong

jcd5971 wrote: »
    I don't know what drugs your on but oh boy the must be strong

He's just high of life. Life and nitrous oxide.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Wait, was this a real sentence said without a hint of irony by him or are you being sarcastic?

This is what in common parlance is called **** of the bull.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Ould Mr Brennan

What did people think of skull and bones? I taught it looked amazing but I'm hugely skeptical of a ubisoft downgrade

• What did people think of skull and bones? I taught it looked amazing but I'm hugely skeptical of a ubisoft downgrade

It's a decent market to attack, not that many pirate games to be fair.
    Graphically it looks great I agree, and yes approach with Caution as this is Ubisoft.

watch-dogs-pc-comparison.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

What did people think of skull and bones? I taught it looked amazing but I'm hugely skeptical of a ubisoft downgrade

I'm just amazed that no-one has done a meme with a screenshot of skull and bones on one side and sea of thieves on the other with 'typical ubisoft E3 graphical downgrade' as the tag.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,743 ✭✭✭✭Penn

A potential graphical downgrade doesn't bother me, my biggest concern is what is the proposed game model. Will it be For Honor with ships, or will there be some form of single player cruising the open seas and attacking NPC ships?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Penn wrote: »
    A potential graphical downgrade doesn't bother me, my biggest concern is what is the proposed game model. Will it be For Honor with ships, or will there be some form of single player cruising the open seas and attacking NPC ships?

I think they mentioned a single player element but I reckon the focus will be on multi like so many of Ubisoft games these days. As much as I loved Black Flag I can't see myself getting Skull and Bones if its only ship to ship combat as that will get old fast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,743 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Venom wrote: »
    I think they mentioned a single player element but I reckon the focus will be on multi like so many of Ubisoft games these days. As much as I loved Black Flag I can't see myself getting Skull and Bones if its only ship to ship combat as that will get old fast.

Yeah if there was a single-player it'd need some exploration aspects or similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Just caught up with the Sony press conference. It was good in the sense it was just games, and little waffling, but most of the big hitters we already knew about. I guess this was bound to happen as Sony reveal their games a good while before they are released, eventually that was going to catch up with them.

Sony are still developing the most first party titles though compared to MS and potentially Nintendo, we just knew about them all. Need to watch Nintendo's conference next.

Yet another year without L4D3 reveal :( Valve are dead to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

So Destiny 2 will only be 30fps on consoles.
    Rule of thumb seems to that framerates are CPU limited and resolution is limited by GPU.
    Hopefully the next gen of consoles will have beefier CPU's as framereates affect gameplay a lot more than resolution.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1390460

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭earthwormjack

Rule of thumb seems to that framerates are CPU limited and resolution is limited by GPU.
    Hopefully the next gen of consoles will have beefier CPU's as framereates affect gameplay a lot more than resolution.

Yeah, the new GPU in the iterative consoles will help some some titles to 4k or checkerboard 4k. But that crappy Jaguar CPU is gonna be a bottleneck pushing bigger games to 60fps.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Just saw the Wolfenstein 2 trailer. Looks amazing.

• So Destiny 2 will only be 30fps on consoles.

I'd expect the reason is Destiny 2 is purely multiplayer focused.

Xbox One X compared to Xbox 1
    PS4 compared to PS4 Pro

It it was 60fps on the higher spec consoles I'd expect them to be at an advantage to anyone using a standard console.

Only way they could work around this is two have two separate lobbies but I'm sure that would only segregate the user base.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Even then, I still wouldn't count on getting 60fps. People are used to 30fps, and it's really not a big issue. I doubt there are many sales lost due to a game running at 30fps.

With that in mind, developers will look at the extra power they have, and I'd imagine most will opt to have more characters on screen, better physics, better AI, better animations, effects etc etc rather than having 60fps.

Sure, more power gives you the ability to run the game faster, but it can also be used to do more stuff instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    I'd expect the reason is Destiny 2 is purely multiplayer focused.

Xbox One X compared to Xbox 1
    PS4 compared to PS4 Pro

It it was 60fps on the higher spec consoles I'd expect them to be at an advantage to anyone using a standard console.

Only way they could work around this is two have two separate lobbies but I'm sure that would only segregate the user base.

There is plenty of speculation on that NEOGaf thread but one interesting reply talked about the peer to peer nature of the multiplayer. The consoles CPUs just can not cope with the demand for such a high update rate.

Retr0gamer wrote: »

Just watched it there too. Can't wait to play that.

• Advertisement

• Retr0gamer wrote: »

MachineGames are a fantastic development team

Here is the list of games they developed which are all excellent

The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay
    The Darkness
    Wolfenstein: The New Order
    Wolfenstein: The Old Blood

They also created a free official mission pack last year for Quake 1, Completed it in one sitting (Top notch)

Quake: Dimension of the Past

Advertisement