Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bloggers events and tax

• 06-06-2017 5:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi guys, I'm just a bit curious about whether the money bloggers make from hosting "fashion workshops" and "makeup masterclasses" is declared and taxed. I saw one blogger buy a new car after one of their workshops having said openly that they couldn't get finance due to the nature of their work. Those workshops generate a huge amount of cash and I'm just interested to see if this is going under the radar in terms of the tax they should be paying to the revenue. Would love to know if anyone knows anything about this. I probably sound disgruntled as I'm a public servant I suppose but fair is fair and we all should pay our share in my opinion.

Advertisement