Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone know where I can get a used steel fire extinguisher?

Options
  • 06-06-2017 5:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭

I saw an ad on adverts.ie from last year for one, but other than that can't find anything. Has anyone got a spent stainless steel fire extinguisher they could sell me? Or know where I could go about finding one? Just needs to have a pressure gauge so any type other than a CO2 one will do.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭BogMonkey

I couldn't find a used one, but found one for a good price. Funny story, he told me to meet him in Belgard pub card park. I wrote down Belgard park. I wandered into Belgard park and realised I was in a traveller camp. I figured the seller must be a traveler, there was a fella sitting in a car waiting, looking at us, so I walked up to him and asked said "fire extinguisher?", he didn't get it so I said "are you the one with the fire extinguisher", then he says "yeah, a fire extinguisher" with a dodgy look in his eyes. He asks me "how much are you willing to pay for it?". I knew it wasn't him, I said "I told you", he says "I have a fire extinguisher right in there", so I said "bring it out and I'll go get the money". He asked me again how much I'm willing to pay for it with that mischeivous look in his eyes, scoping me out, looking at my pockets. I said "I'm gonna go call the fella now". I decided the get the f*** outta there. On our way out driving down the road, he comes up beside us in his car holding up a red fire extinguisher saying "is this what you're looking for?". It was a red one unfortunately so it wasn't. He gave us directions to the pub and waved us goodbye on our way out. The funniest part is he actually had a fire extinguisher to sell us. Some random fella, in some random traveler camp, within a matter of minutes comes up with a fire extinguisher to sell us. Have to hand it to travelers, walk into a camp looking for a particle accelerator, they'd probably have one to tell you.

Advertisement