Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crazy insurance quotes

Options
  • 06-06-2017 9:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

Just wondering if anyone is in the same predicament as me.
    I was insured by Setanta when I had an accident in 2011 and had a personal injury claim against me. He was awarded 100K+ but was never paid out because they went bust. So ever sense I've had an open claim against me and have been unable to seek quotes from other companies because of open claim. This year my insurance has gone up from €556 to €1014 TP for no reason, no penalty points, convictions or accidents since 2011. Is anyone else in this situation or can they offer advice on how I can obtain affordable insurance ?
    I know the Insurance federation is to take care of these claims but I need insurance now. Thanks in advance

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

I think you may have a big problem. Whether the award was paid out or not possibly isn't overly important.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭brianb243

I think you may have a big problem. Whether the award was paid out or not possibly isn't overly important.
    But its been 6 years in July. Surely I shouldn't have to bear the brunt. I know insurance has gone up but not nearly by 100%.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Mary2221

brianb243 wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone is in the same predicament as me.
    I was insured by Setanta when I had an accident in 2011 and had a personal injury claim against me. He was awarded 100K+ but was never paid out because they went bust. So ever sense I've had an open claim against me and have been unable to seek quotes from other companies because of open claim. This year my insurance has gone up from €556 to €1014 TP for no reason, no penalty points, convictions or accidents since 2011. Is anyone else in this situation or can they offer advice on how I can obtain affordable insurance ?
    I never had claim no penalty points and this year I paying 1200 for insurance so getting insurance for €1014 is not bad

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Brian, keep all your posts on this topic in here. There is no need to post in several threads

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement