Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick Personal Loan Question ?

• 06-06-2017 9:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭

Im looking at getting a small personal loan (3k)

Is it best to go with your own bank or Credit union ? ( member of both) .

Monthly repayments would not be a problem as i would be able to afford/provide 400-500 a month.

The loan is for a car so just looking for opinions as iv never taken one out .

any help appreciated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

pudzey101 wrote: »
    Im looking at getting a small personal loan (3k)

Is it best to go with your own bank or Credit union ? ( member of both) .

Monthly repayments would not be a problem as i would be able to afford/provide 400-500 a month.

The loan is for a car so just looking for opinions as iv never taken one out .

any help appreciated

What interest rates are you getting?

What you consider affordable may not be what a bank considers affordable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

Thanks for the quick reply . I didnt get any rates yet just said id ask online before calling to both tomorrow :)

Visited bonkers.ie and a loan of 3000 over 6 months would be 510-520 monthly which i would most likely manage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

pudzey101 wrote: »

Visited bonkers.ie and a loan of 3000 over 6 months would be 510-520 monthly which i would most likely manage

And if you were the one authorising the loan I'm sure you'd get approval. ;)

Why not spare up the money over six months?

To answer your question, I think the CU would be more suitable. A bank has little interest (pardon the pun) in loaning for 6 months on such a small amount. It wouldn't be worth the paperwork.

Advertisement