Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread - Capital Punishment

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Where did that free come from at the end. Very soft!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

A replay of the first goal for Pearses

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Cons dropped shot at end!! very close game.

Plenty of aggro at the end from the benches.

Seriously good game, neither team deserved to lose to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Hope unmerciful hammerings are handed out in PP & Salthill tomorrow.

D'aul ticker isn't in great shape after today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

ProudDUB wrote: »
    Hope unmerciful hammerings are handed out in PP & Salthill tomorrow.

D'aul ticker isn't in great shape after today.

Jesus hope not, If there's an unmerciful hammering handed out in Parnell tomorrow, chances are we'll be on the wrong end it :(

I was presuming ye'd know what side of the hammerings I'd be hoping we were on.

#WishfulThinkingIKnow

ProudDUB wrote:
    ye'd

I'm watching you now too.

I'll leave this here so, to prove my true blue inclinations.

https://www.dublinlive.ie/whats-on/food-drink-news/travel-bible-lonely-planet-names-14405407

What a great day for the Irish coddle lovers all over de wurrild !

Stoner wrote: »
    I'm watching you now too.

If he'd said "yee" we'd have to take action

• Advertisement

Never mind coddle, here's a funny thing (and I'm blowing my cover) I was on an Irish Facebook group today having to argue against americans, who claimed that corned beef cabbage and spuds was not an Irish dish :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,067 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

ProudDUB wrote: »
    I'll leave this here so, to prove my true blue inclinations.

https://www.dublinlive.ie/whats-on/food-drink-news/travel-bible-lonely-planet-names-14405407

What a great day for the Irish coddle lovers all over de wurrild !

By cabbage in the colcannon I hope they meant kale? Heathens.

Also, those coddle sausages seem curiously seared and cooked before they were put in the pot.

I've never tasted corned beef like that.

We had it sliced like ham in bread. The freebee lunches in Brunswick Steet had it on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

had spiced beef at Christmas regularly enough.

But the only meat we ever had with cabbage and potatoes was bacon/rashers/ pork gammon, with chef brown sauce.

Don't know anyone that had corned beef outside of salads and sandwiches.

had it in Chicago. It was horrible, the spuds were creamed, cabbage boiled to hell.

There you go. I hold off the rest of that untill later on in the championship.

Yeah. Good call. We gotta save something to talk about during the Leinster champo, when we are all bored out of our trees.

Here's something. I saw hazlet (sp?) yesterday. If I wasn't in a butchers, I'd have presumed it was something you'd clean a tile floor with. I've a vague flashback to the kind of weird $hit Irish mammys would put in school lunches in the 1980's, but other than that, I've no idea what it actually is.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Spurn Hazlitt as you would spurn a rabid dog. Even my dogs won't eat it, and they are not fussy!

Anyone heading over to Galway? We are making the call at 9:30 am. Snowing here now -1. Looks like it's sticking. Galway doesn't have much forcasted though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,993 ✭✭✭✭JRant

All this talk of Hazlet, corned beef, bacon cabbage and spuds brings back the memories. Used to have tripe back in the day but it's hard enough to get these days. Mind you when I can get it the dogs absolutely love the stuff.

I'm planning on heading to PP later. The winter gear is going to be a must. Just hoping we can keep it tight. Tipp haven't been great this league campaign but they should have enough to see us off by 5/6 points.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

Anyone heading over to Galway? We are making the call at 9:30 am. Snowing here now -1. Looks like it's sticking. Galway doesn't have much forcasted though.

Roads will be fine for a spin over by the looks of it. You'll need to pack the long johns though. Was out for a walk earlier and it is freezing.

Main roads are fine. Just drove over M50 and looked pretty clear. The East getting the brunt of it too so can't see any issues going further West.

Safe travels.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,761 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

I was looking up m50 cameras and the m4 camera.

m50

https://www.motorwaycameras.co.uk/ireland/m50/ireland-cameras/traffic-camera/1560

m4

https://www.motorwaycameras.co.uk/ireland/m4/ireland-cameras/traffic-camera/1552

It is not as bad as the "beast from the east".
    But it still looks dodgy for driving.
    Not worth it for a game with nothing on it to freeze me bits off.
    Think I am not going and hope it is called off for a frozen pitch (it's salthill after all wasn't that where Theresa Mannion was with her unnecessary journeys bit?.)

But, Connacht won't seem to get the brunt of this according to met eireann

http://www.met.ie/forecasts/regional.asp?Prov=Connacht

"Today will be very cold. Highest temperatures of just 2 to 4 degrees in a moderate to fresh and gusty east to north-easterly wind. It will be dry in the north-west. In the east and south of the province there will be a few light snow showers. There will be some sunshine at times."

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

We've pulled it Stoner, our group of 6 is down to me and the young lad now for a variety of reasons - Mrs Doc offered the 4x4 but being honest I don't fancy it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Can't see the Tipp game going ahead. They will have to make early call to stop them travelling.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

DoctaDee wrote: »
    We've pulled it Stoner, our group of 6 is down to me and the young lad now for a variety of reasons - Mrs Doc offered the 4x4 but being honest I don't fancy it :(

I'd say once you're over the Shannon it'll be grand. Nothing here in Roscommon except a slight dusting. Plenty up in Galway already according to the daughter. Plenty of sore heads after their day out in Halo yesterday watching the match.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

Bonniedog wrote: »
    Can't see the Tipp game going ahead. They will have to make early call to stop them travelling.

Hurling postponed until tomorrow, 3pm throw in

https://twitter.com/DubMatchTracker/status/975298319458152448?s=19

Right call, it's blizzard like conditions here in D3.

https://twitter.com/DubMatchTracker/status/975298319458152448?s=19

Good might go to that so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

Can't believe this weather. It's pretty bad out my way. I would have no problem going but I'd be worried about getting back from Galway.
    It's well heavy and already my estate has a good 4-6 inches.

Feels like I'm being unfaithful but not in the mood of an epic journey home if this continues. I could of enjoyed the festivities a bit more yesterday had I believed the weather forecast lol!

Ken Tucky wrote: »
    Can't believe this weather. It's pretty bad out my way. I would have no problem going but I'd be worried about getting back from Galway.
    It's well heavy and already my estate has a good 4-6 inches.

Feels like I'm being unfaithful but not in the mood of an epic journey home if this continues. I could of enjoyed the festivities a bit more yesterday had I believed the weather forecast lol!

Exactly my thoughts.
    Thought the weather talk was been exaggerated a few days ago.

If it was a crucial game I might be more tempted.
    But even if the game does go ahead it is likely to be second string, or at the very least half throttle challenge match pace.

Fair play to those who are still going but I have officially become a sunshine supporter :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,346 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Surprised that it's not been cancelled already, to be honest. I know that it's grand down the west, but the roads in Dublin are getting really icy now. Can't imagine the N4 will be better in surrounding counties. Don't they have to take account of more than just the grounds, but the journey for supporters as well?

Went out for a walk and saw some real idiots driving like it's just light rain, makes me want to pull my hair out when I see that going on.

• Advertisement

What I find gas after all the forward planning-ish of the GAA (for once) thier condensed fixture lists get banjaxed by the weather....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement