Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread - Capital Punishment

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,993 ✭✭✭✭JRant

CatInABox wrote: »
    There'll be a station there at the end, so Na Fianna will have a stop on their doorstop. It's also the site that the machines will be put in, so it's going to be a hole in the ground for the entire project.

From the map, it looks like the station will be slap bang right in the middle of the main pitch, but that's just the underground part of it. I'd assume that the entrances would be St Modbhi Road, with no impact on the pitch afterwards. At least, that's what I'd hope.

You can see the plan here. It's the Griffith Park stop.

Well judging by the absolute state they left Fairview Park in after the last tunnel was built they should fight this tooth and nail.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

The Row had a tunnel under the pitch in the hurling grounds in the Phoenix Park since the 1870's years ahead of the Name Fianna lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,344 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Also have four Hill tickets for tomorrow going free. PM me but only if definitely going. Must be collected today in Coolock

EDIT: Tickets gone

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

Still looking for a couple of spares for tomorrow if anyone has ones they need to get rid of , if not will nip to centra this evening and buy a pair.

Thanks

Edit : I am sorted thanks to The Premier Man

• Registered Users Posts: 3,190 ✭✭✭C__MC

Is it possible for a child to access premium level tomorrow in Croke Park without a ticket. Desperately stuck? Any help greatly appreciated. Premium level situated in canal end

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

C__MC wrote: »
    Is it possible for a child to access premium level tomorrow in Croke Park without a ticket. Desperately stuck? Any help greatly appreciated. Premium level situated in canal end
    No everyone needs a ticket

Brought my 8 month old to the Kerry game and was almost turned away due to it! Luckily there was a spare one at the turnstile

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,346 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

naughtb4 wrote: »
    No everyone needs a ticket

Brought my 8 month old to the Kerry game and was almost turned away due to it! Luckily there was a spare one at the turnstile

Yeah, their policy is mental. I can understand it a little, but it's way too strict at times as well. Even the kid mascots that go out onto the pitch with the teams need their own tickets if they want to stay and actually watch the match.

Congrats to Cuala, some achievement.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,761 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

CatInABox wrote: »
    Yeah, their policy is mental. I can understand it a little, but it's way too strict at times as well. Even the kid mascots that go out onto the pitch with the teams need their own tickets if they want to stay and actually watch the match.

Congrats to Cuala, some achievement.

It's a long way from the days where kids could be lifted over the turnstile and nothing was said :D

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭The Premier Man

Still have 2 tickets available for tomorrow, can email on if interested

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

It's a long way from the days where kids could be lifted over the turnstile and nothing was said :D

I remember getting lifted over the stiles at Milltown. God be with the days, full house v Bohs or Shels.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,346 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Football team news released at 11. Be interesting to see the team, wonder if players will be rested for the final.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Jesus, I'm liking this, winning battles, lifting ball clean, playing it in fast, accurate shooting. McGibb scored a beauty

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

Decent performance so far. We kind of **** ourselves when Tipp rattled off a few scores. Hope we have the balls to push the spare man forward.

Backs winning ball only to give it away is really frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Falling apart now after that start. Tipperary unbelievably clinical, finding space that bit easier.

Once Tipp figured how we're set up they adapted and we have no plan b other than to throw on subs

Second half has looked like we're the one's with only 14 on the pitch. That's piss poor management

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

Bambi wrote: »
    Once Tipp figured how we're set up they adapted and we have no plan b other than to throw on subs

Second half has looked like we're the one's with only 14 on the pitch. That's piss poor management

Not sure what management are supposed to do when you're second best in every area.

Tipp quicker to every ball and miles better in pressuring the man in possession. Dublin tackles in the second half were feeble.

Bambi wrote: »

Our distribution in that second half was atrocious. Really poor stuff with too many aimless balls all over the pitch.

• Advertisement

corny wrote: »
    Not sure what management are supposed to do when you're second best in every area.

Tipp quicker to every ball and miles better in pressuring the man in possession. Dublin tackles in the second half were feeble.

with a spare man up you push up on puck outs, we did'n,t tipp always had a short option for puck outs

Don't think our full back line are up to much and our forwards couldn't put pressure on their men (except O'Dwyer with the constant fouling). There were some bright spots in comparison to earlier this year, good tackling, fielding and clean lifting l but I don't think Gilroy has the smarts from the sideline and that's worrying

Our fullback line have been dominated in nearly every game this year unfortunately. O'Carroll in particular has been given a torrid time.

JRant wrote: »
    Our fullback line have been dominated in nearly every game this year unfortunately. O'Carroll in particular has been given a torrid time.

Don't like saying it but he's not up to the job, assume O'Callaghan will be number 3 from here on

• Registered Users Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Sorry to gatecrash but as a Cluxton fan and goalkeeper I'm curious as to how Comerford is doing?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

No wins in 2. Not a great way too be going into a League Final against an in form Galway. Momentum is very much with them.

It's going too take a huge performance next week too reclaim the League. Not too confident.

What's up with Connolly ? He have a falling out with the management ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Split Monaghan ! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

19 point turnaround for the hurlers against a team down a man.

Depressing to watch after Cuala yesterday.

Kenny seems to be free now. Three years is too long to be watching this awful stuff. And he would get the Cuala lads back and enthusiastic which current management won't.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Bonniedog wrote:
    And he would get the Cuala lads back and enthusiastic which current management won't.

How did you come up with that?
    I think the current management team have had success is getting players back.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

If a Cuala hurler gets his knickers in a twist that his own club man was denied the top job, (to the extent that it impacts his performance,) then he has no place on this panel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,761 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

ProudDUB wrote: »
    Split Monaghan ! ;)

At least you said split and not "partition" :D

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement