Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread - Capital Punishment

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Des Cahill had a lot to say about Lee Keegan? :confused:

On what planet does Dancing Des ever offer up an opinion?

I've daffodils on my patio that have stronger opinions than Des Cahill FFS.

Mossy Quinn has made a grand total of one appearance on TSG. They have a long way to go to beat the recent Dublin/Mayo game, where you had 2 Mayo News journos - Mike Finnerty & Billy Bob Padden - doing commentary. And bringing up the rear back in the studio, was James Horan, coz ya know, just the 2 Mayo men providing the analysis, is just never enough. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭diceyreilly

If Jayo was to get a ban for being a peacekeeper last week would he have got it by now? I’m assuming yes?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,235 ✭✭✭✭km79

ProudDUB wrote: »
    Des Cahill had a lot to say about Lee Keegan? :confused:

On what planet does Dancing Des ever offer up an opinion?

I've daffodils on my patio that have stronger opinions than Des Cahill FFS.

Ah look I don't really care but I resent the insinuation that I was trolling (if it was me it was aimed at )
    Yourself and Stoner regularly contribute on the Mayo forum and bring a bit of balance to some debates ;)
    I post on one pretty meaningless incident and I'm a troll ?
    Not having it ?
    And for the record it appears Sherlock didnt get banned anway despite the "rte bias " but Tony mcentee quite rightly did. Also against Galway as it happens .........Michael Lyster must have been wearing his maroon jersey that night

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

I thought most Mayo lads would be out celebrating their draw and staying in the division 1 tonight.

km79 wrote: »
    Ah look I don't really care but I resent the insinuation that I was trolling (if it was me it was aimed at )
    Yourself and Stoner regularly contribute on the Mayo forum and bring a bit of balance to some debates ;)
    Not having it ?
    And for the record it appears Sherlock didnt get banned anway despite the "rte bias " but Tony mcentee quite rightly did. Also against Galway as it happens .........Michael Lyster must have been wearing his maroon jersey that night

How dare you imply I bring balance to the Mayo forum. I demand you retract that heinous insult. :D

(Note to self: Must try harder.)

I can not speak for Comrade Stoner 100% of the time, but I don't "think" he was referring to you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Bret Hart wrote: »
    No wins in 2. Not a great way too be going into a League Final against an in form Galway. Momentum is very much with them.

It's going too take a huge performance next week too reclaim the League. Not too confident.

What's up with Connolly ? He have a falling out with the management ?

Just the wake up call thats needed. Run close by Galway last week and concede two goals today.

Fully confident for next week with full team out.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

What is the jazz with Cluxton by the way, injured or simply giving Comerford some (much needed) game time?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,235 ✭✭✭✭km79

How dare you imply I bring balance to the Mayo forum. I demand you retract that heinous insult. :D

(Note to self: Must try harder.)

I can not speak for Comrade Stoner 100% of the time, but I don't "think" he was referring to you.

There is probably a good chance actually that I also can't see the post he was referring to as that person is most likely on my ignore list :D
    All of them are from the GAA forum and I'd probably have had a few more tonight only for Kevin McLoughlin !

And looking back I think I may well not have been the target
    D'oh!!!!!!!

Slattsy wrote: »
    What is the jazz with Cluxton by the way, injured or simply giving Comerford some (much needed) game time?

Seems to be the fourth Secret of Fatima mansions. No one will say anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,820 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

Slattsy wrote: »
    I thought most Mayo lads would be out celebrating their draw and staying in the division 1 tonight.

Some of them are celebrating alright but in typical mayo fashion.over on the mayo page commentating that things are quiet over there tonight due to the fact that people are afraid of the gallant mayo after pulling off a miracle in donegal.
    Donegal should have put wrapping paper and a bow on that for them cos it was a fukn gift

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

If Jayo was to get a ban for being a peacekeeper last week would he have got it by now? I’m assuming yes?

No Jayo there yesterday was there? Clarkie was doing all the running, Sherlock s supposed to be taking a backseat anyways this year and getting more involved with the dev squads

Edit.. morning papers confirm Jayo has accepted 8 week ban

• Registered Users Posts: 10,365 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

DoctaDee wrote:
    Edit.. morning papers confirm Jayo has accepted 8 week ban

Fair play to him. I respect guys who take the ban on the chin instead of going after frivolous appeals.

He was never going to cause harm to the Galway lad, but was in the wrong all the same.

He'll miss no match of any consequence at any rate.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,346 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

km79 wrote: »
    Not having it ?

To be honest km, I don't think that any Dublin supporter would give out about Dublin behaviour getting dragged through the coals if every other team that was doing it was getting the same treatment. From the coverage over the last few years, you'd swear that Dublin had invented some new brand of cynicism, applied for a patent on it, and blocked every other team from using it. In truth, every team that wants to win has that bit of cynicism in them, Dublin, Mayo, Galway, Kerry, you name them, they do it.

I can't speak for what Whelan was thinking, but I'd say the above played into his thoughts when preparing for the show. Would he have made such a fuss over it if every team was getting called on it? I don't know, but I don't think so.

As for Jayo not getting punished, I think that he would have been punished had Andy Moran not done something so out of character that very same day. That's what most Dublin people were critical of, the fact that of the two incidents, Andy Morans was worse, and wasn't picked out by the lads on TV. I think the CCC realised that they would have had a lot of questions to answer if Sherlock had been cited and not Moran at the same time. That's just my opinion anyway, I thought that the two of them should have gotten a punishment.

My opinion of the GAA as an organisation is lower after all this.

EDIT: Haha, well f that, just saw the papers too.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Ehhh Sherlock got a six week sideline ban, saint Andy lashed out and hit a fella in the face yesterday and only got a yellow somehow, Rochford must have a stack of get out of jail cards for him and boyle.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,890 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

DDC1990 wrote: »
    Fair play to him. I respect guys who take the ban on the chin instead of going after frivolous appeals.

He was never going to cause harm to the Galway lad, but was in the wrong all the same.

He'll miss no match of any consequence at any rate.

Galway player didn't get done for the retaliation though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,365 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

blanch152 wrote:
    Galway player didn't get done for the retaliation though.

I was thinking that. Minor contact with a team offical (grabbing his hat and swatting him with it). Is that a 1 match ban? There was a motion on something similar at congress.

It wouldn't be as long as Sherlock's or Connolly's last year. Anyone know what Forde got for shouldering Davy Fitz?

Come to think of it a Galway player dragged McEntee out of a ruck in the incident where he got 8 weeks but I don't recall a ban either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Sam Hain

Bonniedog wrote: »
    You are assuming that Monaghan would have beaten Dublin if this was any more than a training session for many players who won't even be on championship panel.... right.

Obviously Dublin went out to lose that game.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Obviously they did not. However, a stronger Dublin team that needed a win yesterday would have had the game over by half time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Sam Hain

Bonniedog wrote: »
    Obviously they did not. However, a stronger Dublin team that needed a win yesterday would have had the game over by half time.

Maybe a Monaghan team that needed to win this nothing game rather than use it as an experimental outing might still have been in your fictional game at half time too.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Doltanian

Bambi wrote: »
    Ehhh Sherlock got a six week sideline ban, saint Andy lashed out and hit a fella in the face yesterday and only got a yellow somehow, Rochford must have a stack of get out of jail cards for him and boyle.

Andy Moran got a yellow card for practically nothing yesterday and it was obvious it was entirely accidental, his body language alone could tell you it was accidental and he is a very clean player.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Sam Hain wrote: »
    Maybe a Monaghan team that needed to win this nothing game rather than use it as an experimental outing might still have been in your fictional game at half time too.

Ah come on now, there was feck all intensity to that game yesterday from both sides

Completly different if there is something riding on it.

That said Monaghan have always run Dublin close in the league

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Sam Hain wrote: »

Well, Monaghan presumably needed to win any time they played Dublin in championship in recent years. Means no more than Wexford beating Armagh who were in similar position to Dublin yesterday. Meaningless game.

Doltanian wrote: »
    Andy Moran got a yellow card for practically nothing yesterday and it was obvious it was entirely accidental, his body language alone could tell you it was accidental and he is a very clean player.

Okay Andy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

What prices are we looking at for the two finals on Sunday ? Terrace 25 ? Stand 30 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭diceyreilly

What prices are we looking at for the two finals on Sunday ? Terrace 25 ? Stand 30 ?

Think that’s what it was last year alright. Can’t see them being increased.

Body language alone should tell you it was accidental?

So every single player who acts as if butter wouldn't melt, post incident, or who gives the "Who me?" injured look of wounded innocence to the ref, should always get off scot free?

ROFL !

Delusional...party of one...your table is ready...

Nope.

30 and 20.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

Doltanian wrote: »
    Andy Moran got a yellow card for practically nothing yesterday and it was obvious it was entirely accidental, his body lan
    guage alone could tell you it was accidental and he is a very clean player.

He is very good at the body language alright.

Mar-19-2018-07-59-21.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,067 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Body language alone should tell you it was accidental?

So every single player who acts as if butter wouldn't melt, post incident, or who gives the "Who me?" injured look of wounded innocence to the ref, should always get off scot free?

ROFL !

Delusional...party of one...your table is ready...

Given our friend above lives in the long grass most of the year he would certainly be an expert in the "who me" attitude that pervades his county football team when they go out at it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement