Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread - Capital Punishment

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,890 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

STB. wrote: »
    He is very good at the body language alright.

Mar-19-2018-07-59-21.gif

He was attempting to give the ref a manly hug.

Some of you really are over obsessed with Mayo football, Is Dublin GAA that boring !!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

blanch152 wrote: »
    He was attempting to give the ref a manly hug.

I've checked the date and it wasnt national hugs day. The more and more I look at it I'm convinced thats its some kind of huckabuck haka.

Perhaps mayomaffia can shed some light on the matter. Do yis do that thing over your way a lot ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Yes, Dublin football really is that boring. Winning all the time gets very tedious. Not that you would know anything at all about that.

STB. wrote: »
    I've checked the date and it wasnt national hugs day. The more and more I look at it I'm convinced thats its some kind of huckabuck haka.

Perhaps mayomaffia can shed some light on the matter. Do yis do that thing over your way a lot ?

Just every August and September, its kinda works on the Dublin girls... Andy was just practicing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,165 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

In August and September, it's been known to work on many a Mayo lass drowning her sorrows in the big smoke and the big tree.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Some of you really are over obsessed with Mayo football, Is Dublin GAA that boring !!

We are trying to deflect from the catastrophic world shattering event that took place in CP yesterday.

On another note, I see Keith Higgins is leaving a successful Mayo team with a national title to return to football.

Such self-sacrifice is to be commended in our cynical age :)

Seriously, if it wasn't for the never ending debate on what constitutes a proper coddle, I'd lose the will to live on here, most days.

Ya know, as opposed to Mayo folk, who lose the will to live at actual matches.

Each to their own I suppose. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Jaden

Doltanian wrote: »
    I am merely wondering would Dublin still have qualified for the Final had they lost to Galway and again to Monaghan today? Joe McQuillan was reffing against Galway and David Gough against Monaghan today, who is likely to ref the Final next Sunday?

It should be a neutral referee from either Munster or Ulster and the referee should not be living or working in either Galway or Dublin to ensure impartiality.

They had Paddy Neilan refereeing the Mayo Vs Dublin game. He was one of two Rossies on the pitch - the other being Andy himself. If yer gonna moan about impartial refereeing, start with the obvious ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭EICVD

Well the rest of the country is so why can’t we be obsessed too?

All the success is boring, so the media tell us anyway.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Kavrocks

Paul Schutte out for 4 to 6 months after tearing his hamstring. That's not what we needed. Hopefully O'Callaghan and Gough will be available for Gilroy in the full-back line.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

That's a serious tear. Jesus that must have been painful.

Jaden wrote: »
    I am merely wondering would Dublin still have qualified for the Final had they lost to Galway and again to Monaghan today? Joe McQuillan was reffing against Galway and David Gough against Monaghan today, who is likely to ref the Final next Sunday?

It should be a neutral referee from either Munster or Ulster and the referee should not be living or working in either Galway or Dublin to ensure impartiality.

They had Paddy Neilan refereeing the Mayo Vs Dublin game. He was one of two Rossies on the pitch - the other being Andy himself. If yer gonna moan about impartial refereeing, start with the obvious ones.

Remember the Ballaghmo?

I'll get me coat....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭Gael85

Dublin have used 34 players in 7 League games.Appearances+Subs for 2018 League Games

Small, John 7
    Byrne, David 6+1
    Fenton, Brian 6+1
    Macauley, Michael Darragh 6+1
    Rock, Dean 6+1
    Basquel, Colm 4+3
    Cooper, Jonny 6
    Howard, Brian 6
    Kilkenny, Ciaran 6
    McCarthy, James 6
    Scully, Niall 6
    McMahon, Phillly 4+2
    Cluxton, Stephen 5 (3 Clean Sheets, 3 Conceded)
    Fitzsimons, Michael 5
    Andrews, Paddy 3+2
    Lowndes, Eric 3+2
    Daly, Darren 4
    Mannion, Paul 3+1
    McManamon, Kevin 3+1
    Small, Paddy 1+4
    Reddin, Ciaran 1+3
    Costello, Cormac 1+2
    O'Sullivan, Cian 1+2
    O'Conghaile, Emmett 0+4
    O'Gara, Eoghan 0+3
    Carthy, Shane-St Vincents 2
    Comerford, Evan 2 (1 Clean Sheet, 2 Conceded)
    McGowan, Andrew 0+2
    McHugh, Conor 0+2
    Brogan, Bernard 1
    Carthy, Shane-Naomh Mearnog 0+1
    Connolly, Diarmuid 0+1
    Murchan, Eoin 0+1
    O'Shea, Cillian 0+1

Dublin have scored 8-107 and conceded 5-84 in 7 League games. Scorers 2018 League Games

Rock, Dean 1-25
    Kilkenny, Ciaran 2-16
    Scully, Niall 2-8
    Basquel, Colm 0-13
    Fenton, Brian 1-9
    Mannion, Paul 1-3
    Andrews, Paddy 0-5
    Howard, Brian 0-5
    O'Gara, Eoghan 1-1
    Costello, Cormac 0-3
    McMahon, Philly 0-3
    McManamon, Kevin 0-3
    Small, Paddy 0-3
    Cooper, Jonny 0-2
    Small, John 0-2
    Brogan, Bernard 0-1
    Byrne, David 0-1
    Lowndes, Eric 0-1
    McCarthy, James 0-1
    McHugh, Conor 0-1
    Reddin, Ciaran 0-1

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Good return from Fenton.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Squareball

Ballymun Kickhams contributed 33 players over the league if you get what I mean:

EC                2

PS                 5

JS                  7

DR                 7

JMcC             6

PMcM           6

Meanwhile back at the ranch, Kickhams first two league games:

18th Feb. Kickhams  0-12   Crokes  1-18

25th Mar. Boden 3-12  Kickhams 0-9

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Squareball wrote:
    Ballymun Kickhams contributed 33 players over the league if you get what I mean:

Split Ballymun.

Wait .. they did that already, the other half is Glasnevin

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Squareball

Stoner wrote: »
    Squareball wrote:

Split Ballymun.

Wait .. they did that already, the other half is Glasnevin
    And doing it again with the county.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Doltanian

Has the referee for the National League Final been appointed yet?

Anthony Nolan of Wicklow gets the Division 1 final, according to the Indo.

• Advertisement

Ciaran Whelan :)

Dublin Anto, to give him his proper title ....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

Are they expecting much of a crowd on Sunday? I know the league is only of secondary importance to Dublin but I suppose there's a bit of novelty in playing Galway? The two teams haven't played each other much in the last decade, and not in a final of any sort since 83. The Rossies and Cavan should bring a fair bit of support aswell I'd imagine. 50K maybe?

Bonniedog wrote: »
    Dublin Anto, to give him his proper title ....

Can't be that, sure Wicklow is in Wales, isn't it?

aidan24326 wrote: »
    Are they expecting much of a crowd on Sunday? I know the league is only of secondary importance to Dublin but I suppose there's a bit of novelty in playing Galway? The two teams haven't played each other much in the last decade, and not in a final of any sort since 83. The Rossies and Cavan should bring a fair bit of support aswell I'd imagine. 50K maybe?

There was 54,000 last year, with very few from Kerry, Galway or Kildare. I'd imagine Galway, Ros and Cavan will bring a lot more so wouldn't be surprised to see it touch 60,000.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Doltanian

A disgraceful decision the referee should be appointed from a Neutral province.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

Bonniedog wrote: »
    There was 54,000 last year, with very few from Kerry, Galway or Kildare. I'd imagine Galway, Ros and Cavan will bring a lot more so wouldn't be surprised to see it touch 60,000.

Yes there's likely to be way more from Galway than last year, and Cavan and the Rossies generally bring fairly good support aswell. From Dublin's perspective though, Kerry in a final will always be a big draw, whereas Dublin will expect to beat Galway comfortably so that might reduce the Dublin attendance a bit.

Yes there's likely to be way more from Galway than last year, and Cavan and the Rossies generally bring fairly good support aswell. From Dublin's perspective though, Kerry in a final will always be a big draw, whereas Dublin will expect to beat Galway comfortably so that might reduce the Dublin attendance a bit.

Not too sure about the expecting win comfortably part! Just the novelty alone will add to the crowd along with the draw in Salthill and the nature of the game itself. Galway have established themselves as serious contenders.

Apart from that, and not sure why exactly but it has always been a big tie historically even though they have rarely met in big games in a long time. I was at '76 semi final and '83 final, and without doubt possibly two rawest games I ever saw.

Salthill would suggest that that has not come out in the wash!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Kavrocks

A disgraceful decision the referee should be appointed from a Neutral province.
    So basically you are saying that Anthony Nolan doesn't have the integrity to be neutral. That frankly is disgraceful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭diceyreilly

I’d be shocked if there was 50k there on Sunday. I’d say 35 max.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement