Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread - Capital Punishment

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,346 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Bonniedog wrote: »
    LUAS has doubled some bus journeys across city and now the people who run DCC are going to close off College Green. Oblivious its seems to the huge number of people who have to cross town for work, college and other reasons.

Seán Barrett outlined exactly the massive overspend and lack of efficiency of the white elephant projects to date and compared them to the existing bus services.

PARlance actually hits one of the nails on the head, which is the huge waste of money on capital projects in Dublin which will turn city into a monstrosity of high density accommodation with lack of green spaces, not to mention schools. Why don't they spend some of that money redressing the regional imbalances?

That would encourage employment and population growth outside of the Dublin region. It is no coincidence that the big projects are being cheer led by property speculators and low wage employers.

If that is the "vision" people have of Dublin, then look forward to it becoming like huge parts of Paris which have turned a once great city into a horrible dive outside of the tourist parts.

Sean Barrett has been wrong about almost everything transport related project in Ireland, if we followed his advice we'd have no Dart, no Luas, no trains at all in fact, and no motorways, so I'm not all that interested in what he says. Imagine the traffic problems we'd have if we'd listened.

The bus network is planned to be updated later this year under the bus connects project, those problems around College Green will reduce then.

The latest National Development Plan has also increased funding for Cork, Galway and Limerick, so your wish has been granted, but it won't matter if the economy of Dublin grinds to a halt with congestion.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,346 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

When will the team news be out I wonder? Will he stick with Comerford in goal?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,067 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

naughtb4 wrote: »
    The swords express gets you from swords to the city in about 20 minutes

So not 15min?

And that journey is no way consistent! It's laughable that anyone thinks its suitable to even compare journey times on clogged roads to a metro service.

Seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

CatInABox wrote:
    When will the team news be out I wonder? Will he stick with Comerford in goal?

I hope so, I'd say he will. IMO he tends plays the younger lads until they are having a bad game then he subs them

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

The team will be announced at noon tomorrow.

Then, the actual team will be announced, about a minute after throw in by Jerry Grogan, doing his best not to sound pissed off, as the team sheet for the one he announced 5 minutes before goes in the bin. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,763 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

ProudDUB wrote: »
    The team will be announced at noon tomorrow.

Then the actual team will be announced about a minute after throw in by Jerry Grogan, doing his best not to sound pissed off, as the team sheet for the one he announced 5 minutes before goes into the bin. :rolleyes:

Yeah it is beyond a joke at this stage.
    Maybe a programme boycott should be organised?
    It would make far more sense then some of the social media things arranged around matches these days.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Stoner wrote: »
    I hope so, I'd say he will. IMO he tends plays the younger lads until they are having a bad game then he subs them

No offence to Comerford, but going into a final I'd feel more confident with the number one goal keeper leading the team out.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

I see where you are coming from, I'd be more confident too.
    He's a couple of U21 titles. I think it would be better for Dublin football if his development continues.
    If it was an AI I'd agree. You could be right though , I could see Cluxton starting, but overall I'd like to see the young lad get the nod and do the business.

There's a lot of lads in there now that he's played with at U21. He was very good at that level imo.

Stoner wrote: »
    I see where you are coming from, I'd me more confident too.
    He's a couple of U21 titles. I think it would be better for Dublin football if his development continues.
    If it was an AI I'd agree. You could be right though , I could see Cluxton starting, but overall I'd like to see the young lad get the nod and do the business.

There's a lot of lads in there now that he's played with at U21. He was very good at that level imo.

That's what my wife said. The young lads in there now are doing the biz.
    Maybe I'm just to cautious.

I hope Comerford stays in too. I think at some stage, we've got to seriously start thinking about life after Cluxton, as much as I don't want to. It seems like he could go on forever, but what if he's only got two or three more years in him? How many "not too important, but important enough that the other team will give it a fair shake" games are there left to start Comerford so he gets the proper match experience?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

CatInABox wrote: »
    I hope Comerford stays in too. I think at some stage, we've got to seriously start thinking about life after Cluxton, as much as I don't want to. It seems like he could go on forever, but what if he's only got two or three more years in him? How many "not too important, but important enough that the other team will give it a fair shake" games are there left to start Comerford so he gets the proper match experience?

Relax, we've an embryo of Cluxton in a jar somewhere.

Cluxton has been in full training for weeks so Jim is clearly happy to give Comerford the pitch, surely not a bad thing and I hope he plays tomorrow myself.

Slattsy wrote: »

Cluxton has been in full training for weeks so Jim is clearly happy to give Comerford the pitch, surely not a bad thing and I hope he plays tomorrow myself.

In fairness to Dublin the one position which has always been fairly consistent and strong as far as I can recall has been the GK.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭diceyreilly

Yeah it is beyond a joke at this stage.
    Maybe a programme boycott should be organised?
    It would make far more sense then some of the social media things arranged around matches these days.

I’ve been on a programme boycott since the 1st match I’ve ever been to.
    Anyone who pays 3 quid or whatever it is to see who’s playing wants their head checked.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Anyone who pays 3 quid or whatever it is to see who’s playing wants their head checked.

In fairness, no Croke Park programme will ever match the Craobh one for the Bluestars last year. Ten pages of ads, and no teams, and all for three Euro :)

If EC plays in nets who will have the honour of lifting the trophy when we win it.

Slattsy wrote: »

Hope Cluxton plays myself. Although I don’t think he will.
    Think games like this might mean more to SC now then they did a few years ago. Plenty of games ahead for EC.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Team named. Cluxton starts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

No Connolly in the starting 15.

1. Cluxton
    2. McMahon
    3. Fitzsimons
    4. Byrne
    5. McCarthy
    6. Cooper
    7. Small
    8. Fenton
    9. MDMA
    10. Howard
    11. McManamon
    12. Scully
    13. Rock
    14. Kilkenny
    15. Andrews

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Strong team. Would be interesting if Kilkenny actually did play on edge of square. Was quite successful against Tyrone, and if he alternates might cause a bit of upset in the blanket!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Things have changed since your first match... it doesn't even tell you who's playing now. Just who might play, in their possible positions, maybe.

Even more useless these days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,849 ✭✭✭billyhead

I wonder if it's true about Connolly involved in disciplinary issues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Patww79 wrote: »
    What's that?

I can't really disclose on a public forum what I heard on the grapevine but if it's true I doubt he will be making an appearance this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭Joekers

billyhead wrote: »
    I can't really disclose on a public forum what I heard on the grapevine but if it's true I doubt he will be making an appearance this year.

So was it the punch up or the drinking or was it one of the other million things people think they know or have heard :rolleyes:

I wonder if it's true about Connolly involved in disciplinary issues.

Must be a recent thing as he played some part in the Mayo match.

Joekers wrote: »
    So was it the punch up or the drinking or was it one of the other million things people think they know or have heard :rolleyes:

Its only what I heard but it's one of those.

Its only what I heard but it's one of those.

Why can’t you say what you heard 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭muddle84

Why can’t you say what you heard 😂

It's the rules!!

Going for dinner in the in-laws house in Meath today, and they've invited their Kerry friend as well.

So, the only question is, do I wear the 1983 retro jersey, or the one from a couple of years back?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

Dublin V Donegal 2014 on Eir Sports in a few minutes. Painful watch perhaps but there were some stunning scores in the game. Connolly slaloming through 5 or 6 tackles in the second half was a peach.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement