Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread - Capital Punishment

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

CatInABox wrote:
    So, the only question is, do I wear the 1983 retro jersey, or the one from a couple of years back?

I'd say a 50 , 50 of the 2011 and the 2015 one.

They don't count 1983.
    So you don't count 2014 either!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,229 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Lads is the ticket office on dorset st open before the game today?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

No. Ticket office on NCR opposite Gills. They don't accept PP passes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,346 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Patww79 wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

You see, this is why I hate April 1st. That may be a truthful article, but I have to take it with a massive pinch of salt.

It is the times though, so probably not a joke. The times article just requires you to register, not hand over any cash, but it's not much more in-depth than the balls.ie article either. Here's a small excerpt from it:
    When the St Vincent’s senior hurlers travelled to Waterford last weekend to play Ballygunner in a challenge game, a couple of the players rang Connolly from the bus on the way home and asked him to meet them for a drink. They just wanted his company. Trying to sweet-talk Connolly back less than two weeks out from their first championship game next weekend wasn’t even remotely in their plans. At the moment, they know he’s not for turning.

Jim Gavin has also accepted as much for now. He’s been biding his time to see Connolly’s next move. He has given him all the time he needs but Gavin may still have a cut-off point in his head as to any potential return because he won’t want to let it hang over the group like a cloud, especially when its bursting with ongoing speculation and innuendo.

When Connolly’s name didn’t appear on the squad of 26 for Dublin’s game against Kerry in Round 5, Gavin said that he was being ‘rested up’. It was a difficult sell, especially when Connolly had played for the first and only time of the season against Mayo in the previous round, coming on for the last 26 minutes. And particularly when Connolly had played so little football for Dublin over the previous 18 months. He stepped away from the squad shortly afterwards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

The verb: to comer

To fall to the ground under minimal contact, dragging a defender with you if possible

• Registered Users Posts: 12,993 ✭✭✭✭JRant

naughtb4 wrote: »

To fall to the ground under minimal contact, dragging a defender with you if possible

He has it perfected as well.

Who was the Galway lad racking at MDMAs eyes?
    Can’t believe MDMA got a yellow for it either.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,463 ✭✭✭MFPM

Perhaps but Dublin are struggling to contain him although with the exception of Mannion no one on the Dublin team is playing well - I'm a Dublin supporter.

MFPM wrote: »

Perhaps but Dublin are struggling to contain him although with the exception of Mannion no one on the Dublin team is playing well - I'm a Dublin supporter.

They are he is playing well.

To be honest the above is a skill in itself

MFPM wrote: »

They are he is playing well.

To be honest the above is a skill in itself

Indulge me though, should he have been black carded for pulling cooper to the ground?

• Advertisement

This ref is an absolute disgrace.

Dublin players need to be cuter

That's a hell of a score from Comer

Dublin players need to be cuter

Refs need to be way better IMO.
    How many Dublin players have been booked for getting wrestled to the ground?
    It’s infuriating to watch being honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

Some of the amateur dramatics from Galway, Billie Barry would be proud of. Constant dragging back and trying to get players carded.

STB. wrote: »
    Some of the amateur dramatics from Galway Billie Barry would be proud of. Constant dragging back and trying to get players carded.

Well it’s working for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,631 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Blatant free for Galway there not given so swings and roundabouts

Blatant free for Galway there not given so swings and roundabouts

And then a trip with no black given

This is great

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Are Am Eye

Fitz is injured .....any subs left

This team, I love them

Raging to miss today due to family commitments but the balls on them (KK especially)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

Some team performance with 14 men.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,235 ✭✭✭✭km79

Well done ye are feckin hard beat!
    But at least ye tried to play football and created a few goal chances
    Kilkenny is some man to keep hold of the ball
    I’ve seen it up close the last 2 AI finals too :(

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

And against 16 too :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭spurshero

km79 wrote: »
    Well done ye are feckin hard beat!
    But at least ye tried to play football and created a few goal chances
    Kilkenny is some man to keep hold of the ball
    I’ve seen it up close the last 2 AI finals too :(

Who tried to play football ? They had 15 men behind the ball as much as Galway . No doubt they got scores a bit easier but that was down to being a bit classier then Galway end of

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭Green Peter

Early days, this Galway team will be back much better over the next few years. A few breaks and they could have pulled it off on the first visit!

• Registered Users Posts: 48,235 ✭✭✭✭km79

spurshero wrote: »
    Who tried to play football ? They had 15 men behind the ball as much as Galway . No doubt they got scores a bit easier but that was down to being a bit classier then Galway end of

The dubs created numerous goal chances. Even one with a man less .
    Dublin certainly didn't have 15 men behind the ball for last 15 minutes anyway as they had a man less. Not that ya could tell as Galway persisted with the same tactics throughout

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

I thought Fenton was the man of the match. Himself and Howard swong midfield in the second half, then the red card came out.

A tough game , two good games together

• Registered Users Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

I thought Dublin were much the better team 2nd half, I'm more impressed each time I see Howard and Basquel - keV Mc is low hanging fruit once again based on his last few performances. Thought ref bought Comers frees 1st half and in fairness Rocks in 2nd half.

I don't think there's a midfielder out there that could walk in Fenton's shadow - huge performance once again

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Injuries seem to be stacking up early this year though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭spurshero

km79 wrote: »
    The dubs created numerous goal chances. Even one with a man less .
    Dublin certainly didn't have 15 men behind the ball for last 15 minutes anyway as they had a man less. Not that ya could tell as Galway persisted with the same tactics throughout

Which were ? What you want Galway to take on Dublin man on man . They be beaten 20 points . There trying to defend in numbers and attack in number . But that takes time to get right and huge energy levels . Dublin are ahead of the pack but

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement