Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread - Capital Punishment

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭muddle84

Fann Linn;106622692
    In defence of Jonny or Philly you're more likely to get a smack in the gob off them than either of them diving.

I would agree with you for McMahon but not Cooper. He is well known for it.
    http://www.punditarena.com/gaa/jslattery/219738/

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

threeball wrote:
    Appropriate name you have there. You've obviously never seen Jonny Cooper or Philly mc play then.
    Sometimes I'll call a spade a spade, but with your comments about the "Scummy Dubs" after the last game I wouldn't bother calling out posters for making an observation.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

This is going to be the summer when diving really took off (no pun intended). Galway got a lot of success from making a meal of things, I can see others doing the same and frustrating us. I'm not saying Dublin are guilt free of this but Galway took it to another level IMO. Pisses me off

Its only the logical next step for players who have no boundaries isn't it? Every year the game gets nastier and more cynical and its excused in the name of 'whatever it takes'. Given that why wouldn't you put the ref under pressure to make a decision. Dive, drag, cheat,.....do the lot and do it better than the next fella.

Players need to be held accountable for the good of the game but calling out the opposition while tacitly accepting our own teams cheating seems to be where we're going. Slipping down the same road as soccer.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

corny wrote: »
    Players need to be held accountable for the good of the game but calling out the opposition while tacitly accepting our own teams cheating seems to be where we're going. Slipping down the same road as soccer.

I think it has slipped a long long time ago tbh. And you'll see far worse carry on in Croke Park or at any Club match then you will see at any level of soccer in Ireland... (go abroad and that balance will change a bit).

I've been involved in both codes and with soccer, I can honestly say that I can't remember the last time we were wronged by an opponent cheating. If you're diving in junior soccer in Ireland, you're going to get it from the opposition, the ref and your own teammates.

I'll be at Club Championship games this weekend and there'll be several instances in the first half.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,479 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

PARlance wrote: »
    I think it has slipped a long long time ago tbh.

Indeed. Its 3 years now since Tiernan McCann dropped like a sack of spuds after having his hair ruffled a little and he was hardly the first little cheat in the game.

Its a cowardly mentality and players are being coached to do it, but its not a new thing at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Paranoid Mandroid

threeball wrote: »
    Appropriate name you have there. You've obviously never seen Jonny Cooper or Philly mc play then.

I wrote that Dublin were not guilt free of it too???

You've some balls saying that to me in this thread (get it? :p)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,067 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Indeed. Its 3 years now since Tiernan McCann dropped like a sack of spuds after having his hair ruffled a little and he was hardly the first little cheat in the game.

Its a cowardly mentality and players are being coached to do it, but its not a new thing at all.

There was some guard that played intercounty that was guilty of it before poor oul Tiernan.

What was his name now...

Be worried now I might have my blinkers on. Think the team he played for wore green.

What was his name now...

PM sent

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Does anyone here think the AI final might be the same two counties who met in the league final?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

Does anyone here think the AI final might be the same two counties who met in the league final?

Who knows Johnny, who knows.

What do you think yourself ????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Kavrocks

Out of the last 10 All-Ireland Football Finals on only 1 occasion was one of the finalists not in the league final.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭muddle84

Kavrocks wrote: »
    Out of the last 10 All-Ireland Football Finals on only 1 occasion was one of the finalists not in the league final.
    It will be the same this year, Dublin will be in both. But as to who they're playing who knows at this stage. I'd be surprised if Galway keep it going that long. 

Anyone know when was the last time that the league final and All Ireland Final had the same teams in it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

1969 Home final between Kerry and Offaly. Kerry won both.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

Its not inconceivable but the main protagonists (Mayo, Kerry, Tyrone) have yet to play their cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭EICVD

Slattsy wrote: »
    Any update on McCarthy at all yet?

Had a very quick chat with him in the Gibson after the game, just asked him how was the leg & he just said ‘few weeks, be grand’. Not very informative I know so he’s probably doubtful for club championship but definitely be ok for the Leinster championship.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

EICVD wrote: »
    Had a very quick chat with him in the Gibson after the game, just asked him how was the leg & he just said ‘few weeks, be grand’. Not very informative I know so he’s probably doubtful for club championship but definitely be ok for the Leinster championship.

Tough as old boots, like his Father.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Squareball

Any update on McCarthy at all yet?

As long as he's alright for Leinster! :(
    You're welcome Dubs fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

'Nowt like a Jamesy Mc shoulder to put serious hairs on yer chest. The Nathan Mullins one got all the publicity, but I think the Graham Reilly one a few years back, stands out as my all time fav.

Parnell Passes open for renewal from Monday, April 23.

Renewals only. No new passes being sold.

That's the ticket sorted for the AI final then so. :D

ProudDUB wrote: »

Typical cocky jackeen. Is it any wonder nobody likes yiz.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭diceyreilly

Typical cocky jackeen. Is it any wonder nobody likes yiz.

You ok hun.

#PrayForSlatts

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

#PrayForSlatts

#metoo:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭EICVD

The aul lad was talking to a relative of Eoin Murchan today, apparently Andy McEntee came looking for him as he has Meath connections, Murchans reply was ‘I’ve more ambition than that!’

He was ok the last day, brave lad.

The Munch

The aul lad was talking to a relative of Eoin Murchan today, apparently Andy McEntee came looking for him as he has Meath connections, Murchans reply was ‘I’ve more ambition than that!’

Sure Paddy O'Rourke showed him how much ambition some of these Meath lads have.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,851 ✭✭✭billyhead

Is there a likelihood that passes may be left over after the renewals are filled i.e some people might not renew?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

There is a waiting list as far as I know, but no idea how that operates. Little chance of there many non-renewals I would think.

billyhead wrote: »
    Is there a likelihood that passes may be left over after the renewals are filled i.e some people might not renew?

I doubt it. The email said no new passes would be sold. Who in their right mind wouldn't want to renew? It's the best 120 squids you'll ever spend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

billyhead wrote: »

They won't even take names for stand by as the waiting lists are so large.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement