Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread - Capital Punishment

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,769 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

ProudDUB wrote: »
    And long may it continue.

A pox upon all their houses.

#Remember91

And how Big Joe thieved Leinster off the Wee County....

Sure don't Meath have Pierce Brosnan, Hector and Tommy Tiernan thier grand as they are...
    :rolleyes:

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭EICVD

And how Big Joe thieved Leinster off the Wee County....

Sure don't Meath have Pierce Brosnan, Hector and Tommy Tiernan thier grand as they are...
    :rolleyes:

One is more known as British, the other 2 seem to be proud Galwegians these days, says it all!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭muddle84

EICVD wrote: »
    One is more known as British, the other 2 seem to be proud Galwegians these days, says it all!

Tommy Tiernan isn't from Meath! Donegal man, he only moved to Meath when he moved back from Zambia.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Leo supports Na Fianna judging by his intervention into the Metro link debacle.

Would have always took him for a Castleknock supporter.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Fann Linn wrote:
    Would have always took him for a Castleknock supporter.

They would have hardly been around when he was young though. More likely Bridget's

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

He's a politician. He's a supporter of anywhere that may haemorrhage votes in the next election due to decisions his gummermint may have made. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭EICVD

muddle84 wrote: »
    Tommy Tiernan isn't from Meath! Donegal man, he only moved to Meath when he moved back from Zambia.

Thanks for that Tommy

See Bryan Sheehan in de papurs today, questioning "our hunger" in going for the 4 in a row.

Excuse me now, while I go and look for similar accustions hurled in their general direction, when they were going for the three in a row a decade ago.

I've a feeling I'll be looking a while...:p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

See Bryan Sheehan in de papurs today, questioning "our hunger" in going for the 4 in a row.

Excuse me now, while I go and look for similar accustions hurled in their general direction, when they were going for the three in a row a decade ago.

I've a feeling I'll be looking a while...:p

http://www.the42.ie/bryan-sheehan-dublin-kerry-3988073-May2018/

Good laugh reading that. No evidence for his opinion just loads of hope....and by **** does he hope Dublin lose. Awful salty individual.

And fair play to him for it.

I want us to get to the stage where just like the Kerry footballers and KK hurlers, we lose so rarely, it sticks in the craw and consumes us with rage, until the day we die.

The "ah shurlookit, it just wasn't our day" outlook is for losers.

(Or maybe I just had one espresso too many this morning? :o )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 FlacidBiscuit

Do youse think the women will get the job done in the league final on Sunday? They made hard work of the semi.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

corny wrote: »

Good laugh reading that. No evidence for his opinion just loads of hope....and by **** does he hope Dublin lose. Awful salty individual.

Sheehan appears to take their current standing vis a vis Dublin very personally, which is a good sign in a chap. On other hand, from observing some of the afters of finals and semi finals, his personal attitude contrasts strongly to those of other Kerry players like Donaghy who despite being a bit of a Hill bete noir never behaves other than a sporting manner and makes a point of shaking as many hands as he can.

Do youse think the women will get the job done in the league final on Sunday? They made hard work of the semi.

Looking forward to this. They have not been firing on all cylinders so far but like the chaps have done enough to get there. They have also shown that unlike the pre Bohan teams, they are mentally tough and win games like the semi final that seem to have slipped by them.

Bonniedog wrote: »
    Sheehan appears to take their current standing vis a vis Dublin very personally, which is a good sign in a chap. On other hand, from observing some of the afters of finals and semi finals, his personal attitude contrasts strongly to those of other Kerry players like Donaghy who despite being a bit of a Hill bete noir never behaves other than a sporting manner and makes a point of shaking as many hands as he can.

Oh please.

Donaghy is one of the most thoroughly unsporting players the game has ever seen. Gets up to stuff you'd never in a million years see Colm Cooper or the O'Se's doing. Just because he asks the decent skin after the game, it doesn't excuse his carry on during the game.

He is not just a bete noir of the Hill. I don't know of any one in any county who approves of his antics. Ask someone from Cork what they think of his behaviour (his antics during the game, not how he plays in a game) and they'll soon redden your ear about all the crap he gets up to in Munster Finals.

(And yes, there are Dublin players who won't be winning Choir Boy of the Year competions either. Just acknowledging that, before someone gets outraged at a Dub questioning KD's lack of sportsmanship.)

I bet Jim is off to Easons to print an extra large version of this guff for the dressing room wall in July.

Received email today saying that PP stand pass holders will not get tickets for the stand for Kilkenny game. Apparently season tickets get preference. This is home game for Dublin despite being Leinster Council. You would imagine that DCB's own loyalists be at least given a fair shake of whip. I know a good few people who travel the country following hurlers who would not be able to stand. Bad form I say.

Also begs question as to situation where hypothetically Dublin or Mayo with large number of county and season tickets are drawn away in football against county with ground capacity of around 20,000 or less. Donegal, Tyrone, Kildare, Ros would fit into that category.

Would that mean that potentially Dublin and Mayo season ticket holders and county board pass holders might take up 75/80% of allocation? Parnell stand obviously going to be full of Cats!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,067 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Bonniedog wrote: »
    Received email today saying that PP stand pass holders will not get tickets for the stand for Kilkenny game. Apparently season tickets get preference. This is home game for Dublin despite being Leinster Council. You would imagine that DCB's own loyalists be at least given a fair shake of whip. I know a good few people who travel the country following hurlers who would not be able to stand. Bad form I say.

Also begs question as to situation where hypothetically Dublin or Mayo with large number of county and season tickets are drawn away in football against county with ground capacity of around 20,000 or less. Donegal, Tyrone, Kildare, Ros would fit into that category.

Would that mean that potentially Dublin and Mayo season ticket holders and county board pass holders might take up 75/80% of allocation? Parnell stand obviously going to be full of Cats!

If the latter ever came to pass they would move venues as they are wont to do. Remember, we have our games moved to CP for just that reason.

Not for me to hurl abuse at the Keepers of the Flame... you know me; but I actually have somehow managed to avoid reading that all day. And I will continue to do so.

That being said, this was my favourite free of his. The hack of it.

http://www.the42.ie/go-wide-mayo-commentary-michael-d-mcandrew-3557023-Aug2017/

Never liked him, glad to read from ye he's keeping up the county-wide saltiness down in the South-West.

If the latter ever came to pass they would move venues as they are wont to do. Remember, we have our games moved to CP for just that reason.

A county is under no obligation to concede home advantage and no one will do so against Mayo or Dublin on attendance capacity! Why would they?

My main thing about PP pass - have terrace myself so not personally affected - is that season ticket specifically says it is no guarantee of a SEAT. PP does not say that as far as I am aware.

Good thing is that there is huge interest in this and will be sold out within days. Great to see championship against one of top teams in PP rather than as warm up for the footballers in front of people carrying popcorn.

Bonniedog wrote:

I'd something similar written. I'd imagine that Donaghy, O'Mahony types have a better attitude in the dressing room too. There was always some excuse with Sheehan it never seemed to be a performance issue, the one that got away etc. A poor attitude compared to most of his teammates IMO. Kerry are far better off without him.

• Advertisement

ProudDUB wrote:
    Donaghy is one of the most thoroughly unsporting players the game has ever seen. Gets up to stuff you'd never in a million years see Colm Cooper or the O'Se's doing. Just because he asks the decent skin after the game, it doesn't excuse his carry on during the game.

Ah he's a great bit of Stuff. He gets up to stuff like the best of ours, doesn't go around with a big moany head on him like Sheehan.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Gael85

Stoner wrote: »
    I'd something similar written. I'd imagine that Donaghy, O'Mahony types have a better attitude in the dressing room too. There was always some excuse with Sheehan it never seemed to be a performance issue, the one that got away etc. A poor attitude compared to most of his teammates IMO. Kerry are far better off without him.

Did he ever find that AI that was robbed in 2011? :D:D This article sums him up.

http://www.the42.ie/bryan-sheehan-kerry-3-2944019-Aug2016/

Seems like Munster have made opposite decision regarding priority for season tickets with season ticket stand holders being shunted into terrace for some games.

Gael85 wrote: »
    Did he ever find that AI that was robbed in 2011? :D:D This article sums him up.

http://www.the42.ie/bryan-sheehan-kerry-3-2944019-Aug2016/

In fairness I agree with him that was a real smash and grab.
    (Made it more the sweeter)
    I seem to remember a Darran O'Sullivan giving a fist pump in the air after a Kerry score, that put them a few points up when it looked like they were coasting to victory...

Still makes me smile thinking of it.

Jesus Christ, the start of the season can't come quick enough. We're down to dredging up 7 year old games for kicks.

I'm dangerous close to booking a day trip to Castlebar on the 12th, just to get a fix*, of any kind.

Can only imagine what the players, all around the country, are feeling....

(*Insert yizzer junkie jokes here
    > :P)

Jesus Christ, the start of the season can't come quick enough. We're down to dredging up 7 year old games for kicks.

I'm dangerous close to booking a day trip to Castlebar on the 12th, just to get a fix*, any kind.

Anything post-2009 is fair game though to be honest I think that perhaps m,y favourites were 2013 and the hammering and the League final in 2016 when they thought they had us and we hammered em.

Even their over-celebrating at beating us in 2017 league final gave me the warm-fuzzies. Minnows.

Yeah, if you were to put a gun to my head, I think that 2015 would be my favourite. Whatever about the pissing and moaning they do about the ref, or Philly, or smash and grab goals or whatever, in 2015 they failed to turn up. Plain and simple. And that has to stick in the craw, even more than a Kev Mc Back of the net special delivery with extra cheese and pepperoni !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Trent Houseboat

Anything post-2009 is fair game though to be honest I think that perhaps m,y favourites were 2013 and the hammering and the League final in 2016 when they thought they had us and we hammered em.

Even their over-celebrating at beating us in 2017 league final gave me the warm-fuzzies. Minnows.
    I do remember being annoyed in the 2017 league final when Deano's free came back out off the post because from my angle it looked like t was going over, but immediately afterward I did allow myself a condescending "a shur let them enjoy their little victory" attitude.

Jaysus lads we'll be insufferable if Dublin keep winning All Irelands. I'm talking "Keepers" levels of insufferable.

What?

Ya mean we're not insufferable already?

Jesus, I must up my game. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭MfMan

I'm dangerous close to booking a day trip to Castlebar on the 12th, just to get a fix*, any kind.

If you know what's good for ya, you'll stay the hell outta there. This is a local thing. Don't want no fureigners buttin in.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement