Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread - Capital Punishment

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

And that's the thanks we get from yer lot, coming up here and taking our jobs and stealin' our wimmin...

The least ye can do is provide us with a decent days entertainment on the 4 1/2 days a year we spend outside the Pale.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,067 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

I do remember being annoyed in the 2017 league final when Deano's free came back out off the post because from my angle it looked like t was going over, but immediately afterward I did allow myself a condescending "a shur let them enjoy their little victory" attitude.

That is exactly how I was. EXACTLY! Great to see the bitterness is strong amogst my brethren.
    Jaysus lads we'll be insufferable if Dublin keep winning All Irelands. I'm talking "Keepers" levels of insufferable.

Yeah, it'll be glorious.

Unsure how Stoner will be having to make that Sophie's Choice.

ProudDUB wrote: »
    Yeah, if you were to put a gun to my head, I think that 2015 would be my favourite. Whatever about the pissing and moaning they do about the ref, or Philly, or smash and grab goals or whatever, in 2015 they failed to turn up. Plain and simple. And that has to stick in the craw, even more than a Kev Mc Back of the net special delivery with extra cheese and pepperoni !
    Anything post-2009 is fair game though to be honest I think that perhaps m,y favourites were 2013 and the hammering and the League final in 2016 when they thought they had us and we hammered em.

Even their over-celebrating at beating us in 2017 league final gave me the warm-fuzzies. Minnows.

Just on the 2013 game actually, I think my favorite part of it was the revisionism that went on that "we weren't as good as the scoreline suggests" We were. They didn't get a sniff from the 62nd to the 74th.

But I'll tell ye a story:
    I was at Electric Picnic that weekend and naturally enough I was concerned about how I would get to the game from Stradbally.

Also on a side note my residence being in Smithfield at the time helped enormously making it more possible.

So upped I hopped from my tent at 8am. Taxi from Stradbally to to Portlaoise. Onto the bus to Dublin.

Into the scratcher in Smithfield for an hour. Shower and then off out to collect the little brother.

Watched the game. And like 2011 the taste of victory and the manner of it was so so so so sweet.

So now I had to get back to Stradbally.

The sister reluctantly agreed to give me a lift, I just had to get to her in Lucan Village. So I was thinking, train from Drumcondra to Leixlip, drop the brother back home to Lucan and then boom down to EP.

Queue into Drumcondra Station stretched all the way out and down St Anne's Road. So that was a no go. All the bus stops were wedged... F%*K!

Called my ex. "Can I borrow your car?"

So up to the NCR and hope a 122 comes quick.

Thankfully one came. Straight to Cabra. Thanked herself and bombed it back to Lucan with the wee fella. The Mother had the dinner waiting.

Sister lands. I shovel the roast into me. And off down the road to Stradbally, taking the less travelled and trusted route via Athy.

Send the sister on the way and off into the posh campsite I go, pleased as punch with my days endeavours. Sling a few cans into the bag and off out to the arena...

What do I see in the distance but a lanky KotF walking towards me and in I ask "What did he think of the match?"

And in his gruff Tralee demeanour he shouts back "Asking me about the game and the score and you with a Dublin jersey on... blah blah bandwagon blah blah"

I politely tell him I was at the match and where to go. Ever so politely. The look was priceless.

And I march into the arena and all to catch the end of Warpaint and all by 730.

COYBIB!

Honest to God, I swear I heard the Rocky theme music blaring out just reading that....jumps up into air and pumps fists....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

ProudDUB wrote:
    Honest to God, I swear I heard the Rocky theme music blaring out just reading that....jumps up into air and pumps fists....

I don't, all I hear is the "ye this" and "ye" that.
    This is my inner reading voice for BonnieS
    https://youtu.be/DSGPvYFuHSw

"That's pure true"

• Advertisement

Stoner wrote: »
    I don't, all I hear is the "ye this" and "ye" that.
    This is my inner reading voice for BonnieS
    https://youtu.be/DSGPvYFuHSw

"That's pure true"

Be more Bagatelle now that I look at the way it's practically in stanzas.

Be more Bagatelle now that I look at the way it's practically in stanzas.

That works too.

I'm glad you had at least one summer in Dublin anyway.

That song's in my head now

Stoner wrote: »
    That song's in my head now

Delighted.

'Summer in Dublin' is a much underused musical offering in Croker imo. Considering how often we have to listen to the Dropkick Murphys and the Black Eyed Peas etc etc, you'd think it would occur to someone that they are missing a trick there.

What will they play if *shudders* Mayo win the whole kitandkaboodle? That Saw Doctors ditty about the craggy boglands or whatever? Or do they have an official 'Moon over the Rose of Mooncoin doing the Bold Galtee Boy by the Banks of The Lee ' type offeeshaul county anthem?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭diceyreilly

Will be Dubs 1st championship match clash with the champions league final.
    Think the last 2 games were 7pm on the Saturday which would suggest it will clash.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Will be Dubs 1st championship match clash with the champions league final.
    Think the last 2 games were 7pm on the Saturday which would suggest it will clash.

UEFA could always move it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

Is our first outing penciled in for Carlow.. or do I need to lay off the gorilla biscuits?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭muddle84

'Summer in Dublin' is a much underused musical offering in Croker imo. Considering how often we have to listen to the Dropkick Murphys and the Black Eyed Peas etc etc, you'd think it would occur to someone that they are missing a trick there.

What will they play if *shudders* Mayo win the whole kitandkaboodle? That Saw Doctors ditty about the craggy boglands or whatever? Or do they have an official 'Moon over the Rose of Mooncoin doing the Bold Galtee Boy by the Banks of The Lee ' type offeeshaul county anthem?

They played the Saw Doctors when we won the minors in 2013. So I guess that's what they would play.

DoctaDee wrote: »
    Is our first outing penciled in for Carlow.. or do I need to lay off the gorilla biscuits?

Not confirmed yet. Reckon it might be Tullamore though.

Not confirmed yet. Reckon it might be Tullamore though.

Home draw for Offaly unless there is a surprise of sorts, although wouldn't be biggest shock in world. Not played Wicklow since early 80s I think in championship? Newbridge when they had Kevin O'Brien. Close until last ten minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Gael85

Bonniedog wrote: »
    UEFA could always move it :)

Could be double header in Croker?:p Is game def on the Saturday?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,358 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Clashes with pro 14 final in aviva too although not sure of start times

Totally Tropical Tullamore.

If it's good enough for Kim and Kanye, it's good enough for us Dubs.

Up and at 'em troops !

(Remind me where it is again. Somewhere in the middle, right? :o )

Gael85 wrote: »

Ha!

I think I saw somewhere that Dublin game is on someone's TV slot for a Saturday evening.

If it does clash it will mean more tickets for true Gaels :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

muddle84 wrote: »
    They played the Saw Doctors when we won the minors in 2013. So I guess that's what they would play.

Was it "To win just once"? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭muddle84

Bambi wrote: »
    Was it "To win just once"? :D

That's what we sing every other day of the year.......:D

Gael85 wrote: »

Not confined yet. Hopefully the Leinster council have a bit of sense and have it at 3pm on the Saturday or on the Sunday cos it will affect the attendance if it’s on the same time.

If people want to watch that sh1te its no reason for GAA to rearrange fixtures. Will still fill Tullamore and ones who won't be there wont be missed.

Bonniedog wrote: »
    If people want to watch that sh1te its no reason for GAA to rearrange fixtures. Will still fill Tullamore and ones who won't be there wont be missed.

How is it rearranged if there is no confirmed date or time yet???

And neither Kilkenny nor Portlaoise was full and neither will Tullamore be.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,769 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Yeah, if you were to put a gun to my head, I think that 2015 would be my favourite. Whatever about the pissing and moaning they do about the ref, or Philly, or smash and grab goals or whatever, in 2015 they failed to turn up. Plain and simple. And that has to stick in the craw, even more than a Kev Mc Back of the net special delivery with extra cheese and pepperoni !

That's the one where some Kerry fella claimed the wet weather suited Dublin more then them..?

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

we cant be in tullamore anyway can we? laois/wexford v westmeath is fixed there for 5pm at the moment. hardly do a double header in tullamore with the dubs and potentially offaly too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Gael85

copacetic wrote: »
    we cant be in tullamore anyway can we? laois/wexford v westmeath is fixed there for 5pm at the moment. hardly do a double header in tullamore with the dubs and potentially offaly too.

Offaly/Wexford playing at 7 in Tullamore. I'd say game will be Sunday.

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement