Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread - Capital Punishment

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Hmmm....interesting sub used tonight by da Vinnie's.... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭muddle84

ProudDUB wrote: »
    Hmmm....interesting sub used tonight by da Vinnie's.... ;)

Is he back??

Depends on who's askin'

Are you a spy for Mayo, Kerry, Offaly, Wickla, or Kilkenny?

If you are, piss off ! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭muddle84

ProudDUB wrote: »
    Depends on who's askin' :P

A concerned fan 😎

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Hopefully he's just happy out and back doing his thing with Vinnies.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,346 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Bambi wrote: »
    Hopefully he's just happy out and back doing his thing with Vinnies.

Yeah, as much as I'd love him back, I hope he's coming back for the right reasons. No point in coming back if his head is still wrecked with it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Dublin girls destroying Mayo in PP. Excellent all round performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

God damn financial doped wimmin ruining the game.

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Dublin girls destroying Mayo in PP. Excellent all round performance.

Good. Vitally important not to let ANY of that shower get within an arses roar of any silverware whatsoever ! :P

(Sorry Mayo wimmen. Am sure you're all lovely people, but this is war now.)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Nice win for the minors.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

Stoner wrote: »
    Nice win for the minors.

1st Dev Squad I would've had a personal interest in - can still remember them as 13 year olds up in Alfie Byrne Rd and UCD going thru their paces - Interestingly Jayo, Paul Griffin & David Henry were there from day 1, and were on the line this afternoon - Paul Casey would've been heavily involved too, but I've a feeling he's devoting most of his time to the Dublin ladies now. Niall Guidens young lad came on 2nd half.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,469 ✭✭✭donkey balls

https://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/dublin-gaa-and-aig-agree-new-fiveyear-sponsorship-deal-36885688.html

Looks like AIG will be on Dublin tops for the foreseeable future roll on the 27th either Portlaise or Tullamore for the first game of the championship.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

https://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/dublin-gaa-and-aig-agree-new-fiveyear-sponsorship-deal-36885688.html

Looks like AIG will be on Dublin tops for the foreseeable future roll on the 27th either Portlaise or Tullamore for the first game of the championship.

First game of championship for AIG is on Sunday in Parnell :)

800,000 per year....for 4 codes, across two sexes....shure that wouldn't keep me prawn sambos for the year, never mind the proscecco. I'm ringing Joe Duffy !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

I'd sell my grannys left testicle to go to a Dubs champo game in Aughrim. I mean seriously like, that would be an utterly fabulous day out...Sugarloaf, the mountains, lunch in the Glenview or Powerscourt on the way down, ice creams in Enniskerry and the Bray dodgems afterwards, Wexican strawbs for sale along the roadside... Paradise !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,469 ✭✭✭donkey balls

Patww79 wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Was informed that the match is on a Sunday the venue to be decided depending on the winners of Wicklow/Offaly. Also the match will not be televised.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,067 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Was informed that the match is on a Sunday the venue to be decided depending on the winners of Wicklow/Offaly. Also the match will not be televised.

Sigh, just like the revolution so...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,853 ✭✭✭billyhead

Lads, How do you see Sunday going? I think we have a great chance to catch them on the hop irrespective of league form.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,067 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Well, I think we'll be within 18pts.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

I think we're gonna get a roasting, KK motoring along nicely now and will be delighted to stick the boot in. We're going to field a team that hasn't played together until now, can't be helped.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,853 ✭✭✭billyhead

I would agree if it was played in Croker but in Parnell Park we will always have a chance no matter how slim that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

billyhead wrote:
    I would agree if it was played in Croker but in Parnell Park we will always have a chance no matter how slim that is.

Is that you Dalo! :)

billyhead wrote: »
    Lads, How do you see Sunday going? I think we have a great chance to catch them on the hop irrespective of league form.

I'll have whatever he's smoking.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

I think we'll play well but i'd say KK will be ready for us. Their league form isn't easily dismissed and they'll be itching to get into it themselves.

We'll beat the handicap but i'd be surprised if we win.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

corny wrote: »
    I think we'll play well but i'd say KK will be ready for us. Their league form isn't easily dismissed and they'll be itching to get into it themselves.

We'll beat the handicap but i'd be surprised if we win.

Dublin +7 or +7.5 Asian?... I think I'd be happy to invest on KK tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Challenge games have gone well, but even with the expanded/changed panel, I doubt there will be much difference in the team that lines out from the one that started against Laois in last game. Cian O'Callaghan probably sure to start, as is Moran, but change up front will largely depend on health of Dillon (unlikely) and Rushe (probable). Gilroy has a choice of freetakers and preference might be for Ryan as a more effective player from play than Treacy.

Looking at the Cats against Tipp it is difficult to see any conceivable Dublin forward line getting much change out of their backs. Winning of primary possession was pretty dreadful during league other than against Laois who are clearly very poor.

Only hope is that they will have improved since, and that they will throw the kitchen sink at it on Sunday. If they avoid the sort of lapses which they had in every game in league other than the last one, and if the game is still up for grabs in last twenty minutes then I'd give them a chance.

A lot of ifs!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,769 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

And if they leave the grass uncut and put a few divets in pitch it should even it up a bit.
    Hopefully it's an unseasonably wet day with a bit of wind.
    Cats don't like rain I am told.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭EICVD

Cluxton on as a sub for Parnells against Peregrines right now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement