Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread - Capital Punishment

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

jam83 wrote: »
    Other counties don't seem to have that large number of clueless idiotic supporter.

Is that so? Do continue..

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭jam83

Bambi wrote: »
    Is that so? Do continue..

It is! I can't think of another county that has a bunch of supporters that jeer just for the craic. Even when the other team are beaten badly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭munster87

It is! I can't think of another county that has a bunch of supporters that jeer just for the craic. Even when the other team are beaten badly.

Every single county has them...most counties don't badly beat others like that though so you don't get to see it!

Donegal, Tyrone, Armagh, Meath, Mayo, Galway...and so on and so forth

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donal55

Nice to hear a minority of Dublin supporters jeering Heslin and the Westmeath goalkeeper from placed balls when Dublin were well in control.
    Other counties don't seem to have that large number of clueless idiotic supporter. They obviously weren't too cocky when Dublin were struggling for years.
    I've often seen people tell clowns like that to shut the **** up but it seems to be part of the ****e on the hill. Just wondering is the ordinary Dublin supporter happy with that carry on?

Plenty of it in the Galway Mayo match last year. Happens everywhere.

• Advertisement

I should have rephrased to other counties don't boo free takers when the game is all but over. It's in bad taste.dublin are always at it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

It's just not true. No other county does the jeering to anything like the level Dublin do.

Anyway, more to the point bang goes my hope that this Dublin team weren't as strong as the last few years. I was really hoping that the level had slipped back a little but the absolute heartless way they punished Westmeath today was evidence that this group mean business.

I had a little hope for Kildare to put it up to you. Gone be that hope.

I should have rephrased to other counties don't boo free takers when the game is all but over. It's in bad taste.dublin are always at it.

But its alright to boo the frees when the game is still in the mix yeah?

Or to boo players when they come on as subs

And so on and so forth

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭Kh1993

Interesting from Gavin that he pushed the CHC appeal and Connolly dropped further appeal despite legal advice that it'd win..

That FM104 interview probably the angriest we've heard Jim in media. Maybe a little knee jerk, but can see why, especially towards Off the Ball etc, some of their presenter comments borderline abuse.

Whether this season is the season to introduce a siege mentality, who knows

Kh1993 wrote: »
    Interesting from Gavin that he pushed the CHC appeal and Connolly dropped further appeal despite legal advice that it'd win..

That FM104 interview probably the angriest we've heard Jim in media. Maybe a little knee jerk, but can see why, especially towards Off the Ball etc, some of their presenter comments borderline abuse.

Whether this season is the season to introduce a siege mentality, who knows

Geoffrey Howes angry outburst was once described as like being savaged by a dead sheep, Gavin sounded a few steps below that level.:D

Interesting he mentioned "within 24 hours and before the referees report was signed off", wonder is that an implication that the report was in some way revised?

• Advertisement

But its alright to boo the frees when the game is still in the mix yeah?

Or to boo players when they come on as subs

And so on and so forth

Nah.
    Do you honestly think there's as high a % of supporters in other counties who spend an entire 70 mins doing whatever they can to be a nuisance/take part in unsporting behaviour?
    Of course other counties supporters boo and jeer, that's part of every game. Most times a free taker is jeered or booed after a controversial free is given and he's taking it.
    The poster who mentioned galway mayo, I've been at those games and it only happens after contentious decisions.
    There's a large section of the hill who spend a whole game being as unsporting as possible, trying to put off a free taker just for the sake of it, when it's not even a controversial free.
    It's **** carry on but it's part and parcel of a large chunk of the hill, and isn't the normal behaviour among supporters of other counties for a full game, I don't see how you can't acknowledge that unless you're deaf.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Well lads, missed the game after the birth of my baby daughter on Friday night :) (fair weather supporter or what) so was in the hospital all day. I didnt even get a chance to record it so I will have to go by TSG for a not so thorough analysis :(

My Father said Mannion was unreal today, best he's ever seen him.

How did McCarthy do in the middle? Con O'Callaghan play well?

30 odd points is a serious win, i can only assume WM were bloody awful though !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭RicketyCricket

I wonder if games like today's match do Dublin any good for the games they will face?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Just ignore the troll lads. Trying to kill the mojo.

What did you think of Scully ProudDub some great blocks by the Westmeath lads in the first half, he was in on goal and made the right decision but it was well saved. He linked up well with McCarthy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Are Am Eye

I propose we restrict jam83 responses in respect of his recent
    analysis. Blanket championship ban.

Sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,150 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

No aggro or confrontational flash points in the game today.Why? Connolly and McMahon both missing from the Dublin team.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Stoner wrote: »
    Just ignore the troll lads. Trying to kill the mojo.

What did you think of Scully ProudDub some great blocks by the Westmeath lads in the first half, he was in on goal and made the right decision but it was well saved. He linked up well with McCarthy.

Only in the door from a hard days labour down in the Jones Rd coal mines.

Barely saw a thing.

What did I miss?

How much did we lose by?

Heard Marty Morrissey going on about some sort of media ban....WTF?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

DoctaDee wrote: »
    Just want to put it out there for PD's benefit that I think Rahenys Brian Howard will be the next big thing in the Dublin set up :p , he has that versatility which will benefit us across the middle 8

Told yiz :D ..

Slattsy wrote: »
    Well lads, missed the game after the birth of my baby daughter on Friday night :) (fair weather supporter or what) so was in the hospital all day. ...

Congrats brother.. wave goodbye to those artisan afternoon teas in the shelbourne :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭Kh1993

Slattsy wrote: »

How did McCarthy do in the middle? Con O'Callaghan play well?

30 odd points is a serious win, i can only assume WM were bloody awful though !!!

Con played well, kicked some nice scores first half. Faded a bit but think he was subbed early enough second half when bench was emptied.

Good breaks by McCarthy, but Westmeath had absolutely nothing in the middle of the park.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,150 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Just watching Jim Gavin's press conference on The Sunday Game.Petty,petty,petty.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,993 ✭✭✭✭JRant

Just watching Jim Gavin's press conference on The Sunday Game.Petty,petty,petty.

Tom Petty?

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Paranoid Mandroid

JRant wrote: »
    Tom Petty?

He won't back down

Is he standing his ground?

ProudDUB wrote: »
    Is he standing his ground?

Last I heard he's going to keep this world from dragging him down

No, he won't back down

Even if he is standing at the gates of Meath hell?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,031 ✭✭✭Patser

ProudDUB wrote: »
    Even if he is standing at the gates of Meath hell?

Meath falling, yes he's Meath falling.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Quality stuff lads!

Down beat Monaghan. ****ing hell. What side of the pot do Monaghan go into?

• Advertisement

Thought Mannion was superb today but my MOTM was Lowndes. His best game in the senior team and absolutely tore WM to shreds with his runs and distribution.

Don't think I've ever seen Jim so annoyed at a press conference. He'll use this to spur the team on IMO. That's the first 70 minute performance in a long time and was brilliant to see. The hunger from the lads even when 20+ points up was great to see.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement