Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread - Capital Punishment

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

There must have been a lot of similar incidents to Cooper's over the weekend, but it is only because it was highlighted by the great Pat that it may lead to Cooper being in trouble. Imagine if Gavin or Harte had behaved liked MacEntee at the end of the Meath game!

And of course Pat never had a word to say about the Prince's thuggery against Nicholas Murphy and other Cork players, or indeed the disgraceful way they behaved in the league game against Dublin in Tralee last year, or they way they targeted certain Tyrone players when Tyrone were kicking their sorry behinds.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Gael85

Bonniedog wrote: »
    There must have been a lot of similar incidents to Cooper's over the weekend, but it is only because it was highlighted by the great Pat that it may lead to Cooper being in trouble. Imagine if Gavin or Harte had behaved liked MacEntee at the end of the Meath game!

And of course Pat never had a word to say about the Prince's thuggery against Nicholas Murphy and other Cork players, or indeed the disgraceful way they behaved in the league game against Dublin in Tralee last year, or they way they targeted certain Tyrone players when Tyrone were kicking their sorry behinds.

Sure when the kerry lads are at it all about them standing their ground :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Mopped up so much loose ball in the HB line.

That is a good point though. He's looking like a very capable sweeper

• Registered Users Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭muddle84

DC going playing for Donegal Boston, so I don't think he is eligible to play for new york so Mayo should be ok next year.......

• Registered Users Posts: 19,067 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Now now. It was in the first minute so ya can't be going ruining the game as a spectacle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,125 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Just wondering if any of ya have come across similar issue as im getting with tickets.ie

I always go online and try get tickets for the Dublin games as soon as they go live on the site so id usually always be down in the lower levels of Cusack 308 over the years .

So i got offered 308 row mm just after 9 o clock on the morning they went on sale for the semi final which at the time i taught jesus how did so many go so quickly!

Later that night i checked for the laugh see how they where selling and they had 308 with a much lower row for sale! So why was i given a row so far back so early in the morning when they clearly hadn't sold.

So guess what happens yesterday morning when they go on sale :pac:
    I get offered exactly the same section so i close it select the cusack again and its changed slightly to the very same seats i bought for the semi final! What are the odds of this happening!!

I went and bought them as i just want to go and didnt want to risk it but yet again later that day they had much lower rows on sale row e this time and now if you go on the site atm they have moved back still available so clearly the seats all the way back to bloody mm are still there and weren't sold.

Ive been in touch with two different people on tickets.ie and they wont give me a clear answer how this would happen just the usual out of the manual reply's you get from all customer support centers these days.

Really weird and annoying though ive never had this issue in all the years ive been buying tickets online from ticketmaster and tickets.ie.

Has anyone come across something similar this season? Is there a away around it or a cause for it?

Now now. It was in the first minute so ya can't be going ruining the game as a spectacle.

It was proper manly punch to the head. As they did to Tommy Murphy in 1938, Armagh in 1953, Heffo in 1955 and many others. Dublin in 70s paid them back in their own coin and now we just walk all over the fkers.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,067 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

It was proper manly punch to the head. As they did to Tommy Murphy in 1938, Armagh in 1953, Heffo in 1955 and many others. Dublin in 70s paid them back in their own coin and now we just walk all over the fkers.

I really hope we take it to 10 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Just wondering if any of ya have come across similar issue as im getting with tickets.ie
    Yeah, it depends on what they get.

The best seats tend to go to the clubs and bricks and mortar sellers. The online guys from what I can tell, appear to sell from the back first, down to the front, rather than the other way around. And they only release one block at a time.

So you can land better tickets by stalling the ball for a few days.

Leinster final rarely sells out so I wouldn't worry too much. Head down to a Supervalu and see what they're offering.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,125 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

seamus wrote: »
    Yeah, it depends on what they get.

The best seats tend to go to the clubs and bricks and mortar sellers. The online guys from what I can tell, appear to sell from the back first, down to the front, rather than the other way around. And they only release one block at a time.

So you can land better tickets by stalling the ball for a few days.

Leinster final rarely sells out so I wouldn't worry too much. Head down to a Supervalu and see what they're offering.

Have my tickets already so I'll see what happens for next game. Its mad though haven't had this issue once in years of buying them online.

Wonder how it will work for the super 8s.
    The format is confusing me enough as it is ha!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Neamhshuntasach

muddle84 wrote: »
    DC going playing for Donegal Boston, so I don't think he is eligible to play for new york so Mayo should be ok next year.......

https://twitter.com/InishowenIndo/status/1006297055705354241?s=19

Heard he had problems with US immigration and was refused entry. Usually a solid source.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭downthemiddle

Heard he had problems with US immigration and was refused entry. Usually a solid source.
    That's 30k pocket money lost.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,346 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Wouldn't be surprised. A look at any paper in Ireland would show his..... "colourful" history.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭LeakRate

He was in Boston in November for Fenway classic;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,997 ✭✭✭✭JRant

Was Lee Keagan working for US Immigration?

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭muddle84

CatInABox wrote: »

Wouldn't be surprised. A look at any paper in Ireland would show his..... "colourful" history.

He has no criminal record?
    I have heard of lads being refused entry if they have their gear in the bag though.
    JRant wrote: »

Was Lee Keagan working for US Immigration?

Yeah Lee covers weekends ðŸ˜ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭frankled

One of the supporters pages saying Cluxton is out for 4 weeks with a rib injury

frankled wrote: »
    One of the supporters pages saying Cluxton is out for 4 weeks with a rib injury

Will miss his first championship game since 04. 81 consecutive championship appearances :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭diceyreilly

Who will be the captain for the final now..

Who will be the captain for the final now..

I'd say will be Jonny Cooper as Connolly was vice captain up to last year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Trent Houseboat

Who'll be captain for the second half?

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭superbluedub

Who'll be captain for the second half?

Johnny cooper:p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Neamhshuntasach

LeakRate wrote: »
    He was in Boston in November for Fenway classic;)

Originally heard from a senior player but nothing more since. Could have been nothing if he was wrong. Was supposed to be for a non declared arrest. Something you can get lucky or unlucky with as a mate of mine found out. Got into New York no problem. 2 months later refused while boarding for Philly with me. Once refused that then opens up its own problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Past30Now

Any idea who the sub goalie will be? Is there a third GK in squad?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭diceyreilly

Past30Now wrote: »

Guessing Currie?

Are teams allowed to augment their named championship panels once it starts?

Bunyan from Scoil and a McCarthy or Carthy played in goal in O'Byrne but that was their only run outs.

There was a lad from Scoil Ui Chonaill in goal for O'Byrne Cup. Cant see Currie or Savage coming back.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,346 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Paul Flynn is taking over as the head of the GPA later this summer.

See here

Two handy wins for the "financial dopers":
    Minor hurlers beat Antrim by some ridiculous score and 21s footballers had comfortable win over Wexford.

The half time caviar and quails eggs washed down by 1928 Moselle certainly did the trick.

• Advertisement

Two handy wins for the "financial dopers":
    Minor hurlers beat Antrim by some ridiculous score and 21s footballers had comfortable win over Wexford.

The half time caviar and quails eggs washed down by 1928 Moselle certainly did the trick.

The Wexford win had the rare sight of the Wexford keeper getting forward and nailing an excellent point.

https://twitter.com/DubMatchTracker/status/1008023675700989952

Some point. Got to have some amount of confidence to back yourself like that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement