Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread - Capital Punishment

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Nine wides in the first half and just the one in the second.... some bollocking at half time from JG!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Ken Tucky wrote: »
    Heard a rumour that Dublin v Donegal will be in Cork. Any truth in that?

It is down to be played in Croke Park. Either as a stand alone game on July 14 or 15, or double header with Kerry and Galway. Given likely demand for both, I'd imagine they both be stand alone games.

Even if Cork was on the table, can't see Donegal preferring that over CP!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,890 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Very unlikely, but it wouldn't bother the Dubs. Neither the players nor supporters would care, but it is a difficult location for parking and access.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,347 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

blanch152 wrote: »
    Very unlikely, but it wouldn't bother the Dubs. Neither the players nor supporters would care, but it is a difficult location for parking and access.

Never mind us, a neutral match in Cork would be a slap in the face for Donegal folk, you won't find many longer drives than Donegal to Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

CatInABox wrote: »
    Never mind us, a neutral match in Cork would be a slap in the face for Donegal folk, you won't find many longer drives than Donegal to Cork.

I think my brother had sun stroke when he told me that...Idiot:D

• Advertisement

There was some interesting entertainment on Hill near the end when a group of French chaps clad in French jerseys and club colours sang Le Marseilliase and other songs!

On the 48 minute applause, my daughter joined in so I asked her if she knew what it was for and she thought it had something to do with Jimmy Keaveney :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Bonniedog wrote: »
    There was some interesting entertainment on Hill near the end when a group of French chaps clad in French jerseys and club colours sang Le Marseilliase and other songs!

Singing? Must be soccer fans yarra

Bambi wrote: »
    Singing? Must be soccer fans yarra

I threw some holy water over them, so they should be grand now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

On the 48 minute applause, my daughter joined in so I asked her if she knew what it was for and she thought it had something to do with Jimmy Keaveney :-)

Lucky you .. down our end we had a few lads belting out the aul fans favourite "it's coming home, footballs coming home" it was an oven in there yesterday so I was a little more contrary than usual

Would've been great to hear from Keaveney at HT

.. the 48 minute thing, I just let it slide by

blanch152 wrote: »

They'll have to finish pairc Frank with the perspex screen on the terraces before I'd consider going there ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Dubs away match will probably be 21/22 July, against Cork or whoever beats them.

DoctaDee wrote: »
    Lucky you .. down our end we had a few lads belting out the aul fans favourite "it's coming home, footballs coming home" it was an oven in there yesterday so I was a little more contrary than usual

Would've been great to hear from Keaveney at HT

.. the 48 minute thing, I just let it slide by

The Keaveney tribute was not organised very well. It was hard to tell where he even was with all the other activity on the pitch, but the screen shots of some of his great scores was good. Pity he didn't get to say a few words. Probably didn't want to!

Doesn't seem to have been covered on the TV match tape?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

It is down to be played in Croke Park. Either as a stand alone game on July 14 or 15, or double header with Kerry and Galway. Given likely demand for both, I'd imagine they both be stand alone games.

Even if Cork was on the table, can't see Donegal preferring that over CP!
    Dublin v Donegal will be a double header with Cork/qualifier v Roscommon/qualifier on Saturday or Sunday with Kerry v Galway and Laois/qualifier v Fermanagh/qualifier.

I reckon Dublin v Donegal will be Saturday evening as Sky Sports have first choice on the games and they will pick ours over Kerry v Galway.

Dublin away game is on 21/22 July to Cork/qualifier. It will be interesting to see what happens if Cork don't progress and who beats them. For example lets say Kildare beat Mayo, then draw and beat Cork. No way is Dublin away game going to be in Newbridge. I would think we may be back in Portlaoise for that or potentially Croke Park which will cause uproar. Last round is home to Roscommon/qualifier.

That is as per http://www.gaa.ie/wallchart/football/2018

Same surely applies to Mayo playing in Newbridge? Their season ticket and county pass allocation must be close enough to Conleth's capacity? Not to mention the home crowd. It is game that would easily top 20,000.

Don't think there is any suggestion of moving it. So will be curious how they sort out the ticketing.

Same surely applies to Mayo playing in Newbridge? Their season ticket and county pass allocation must be close enough to Conleth's capacity? Not to mention the home crowd. It is game that would easily top 20,000.

Don't think there is any suggestion of moving it. So will be curious how they sort out the ticketing.
    Talk of Kildare v Mayo being in Croke Park.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Tullamore or Portlaoise?

Should be Kildare call in fairness. Just as Wicklow should have been able to hold game against Dublin in Aughrim if they so wished.

As I've said before, you regularly get big EPL and La Liga clubs drawn against teams with small grounds in FA Cup and Copa de Reyes but they are not expected to surrender advantage because it inconveniences ticket holders.

Should be Kildare call in fairness. Just as Wicklow should have been able to hold game against Dublin in Aughrim if they so wished.

As I've said before, you regularly get big EPL and La Liga clubs drawn against teams with small grounds in FA Cup and Copa de Reyes but they are not expected to surrender advantage because it inconveniences ticket holders.
    I agree it should be Kildare's call but the comparison is not the same as the EPL etc. EPL season tickets are for home games only and can apply for an allocation of the away games. The season ticket contract is with the club. In this case the season ticket contact is with the GAA & the T&C's state that a season ticket holder is entitled to a ticket to a game from their county in their code. Until the T&Cs change (which I wouldn't be surprised to see next year) this situation is going to continue to crop up with the same solution.

Looks like Cavan v Tyrone at 5pm & Kildare v Mayo at 7pm on Saturday in Croke Park.

Fair enough regarding season ticket situation. But even that is applied randomly. For instance, season ticket stand holders got priority over Parnell passes for the game against Kilkenny, while opposite was applied when Waterford went to Ennis.

Bottom line should be that if a weaker team gets home draw then they play at home. They can compensate pass holders by adding another game or whatever. Won't matter a fart to Kildare after weekend about season tickets!

• Advertisement

Again agree with you. In these scenarios a number of tickets should be allocated to both the home & away teams for season tickets. Then if they don't match the numbers a lotto takes place for the tickets. People who win them, it counts to their attendance. People who don't it doesn't. That would be the fairest I think.

sgarvan wrote: »
    Again agree with you. In these scenarios a number of tickets should be allocated to both the home & away teams for season tickets. Then if they don't match the numbers a lotto takes place for the tickets. People who win them, it counts to their attendance. People who don't it doesn't. That would be the fairest I think.

Which is situation that applies in clubs. One of reasons I got PP was due to no longer playing, but also to fact that hundreds of members were competing for a paltry amount of tickets for any game after Leinster.

But I would never consider an entitlement to a ticket to trump the best interests of a county team. Stupid decision by Kildare CB, unless O'Neill can turn it into motivating factor!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Kavrocks

In this case the season ticket contact is with the GAA & the T&C's state that a season ticket holder is entitled to a ticket to a game from their county in their code. Until the T&Cs change (which I wouldn't be surprised to see next year) this situation is going to continue to crop up with the same solution.
    Where do the T&Cs state that?

Kavrocks wrote: »
    In this case the season ticket contact is with the GAA & the T&C's state that a season ticket holder is entitled to a ticket to a game from their county in their code. Until the T&Cs change (which I wouldn't be surprised to see next year) this situation is going to continue to crop up with the same solution.
    Where do the T&Cs state that?
    Point 3 & 7 in the T&C's.
    http://res.cloudinary.com/dvrbaruzq/image/upload/n41v8cx9qyjspnnkbroc.pdf

EDIT: Reading the T&C's again I see point 42 is the following:

42: In the event that the number of Season Ticket holders exceeds stadium capacity the GAA offers no guarantee of the availability of seats or entry to that fixture.

Point 3 only guarantees a ticket for league games and the first championship match.

Point 7 doesn't guarantee any season ticket holder a ticket for any game.

Season ticket numbers are not a reason for Wicklow v Dublin not being played in Aughrim or for Kildare v Mayo not to be played in Kildare. It would suck if you were a season ticket holder and missed out but I presume the GAA would offer tickets to those with the highest attendances first and it could benefit some people who aren't available to travel to that game too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,903 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Not the same at all. Fans season tickets would only apply to home games.

Fair enough regarding season ticket situation. But even that is applied randomly. For instance, season ticket stand holders got priority over Parnell passes for the game against Kilkenny, while opposite was applied when Waterford went to Ennis.

Bottom line should be that if a weaker team gets home draw then they play at home. They can compensate pass holders by adding another game or whatever. Won't matter a fart to Kildare after weekend about season tickets!

I'm trying to dig out an article from possibly last year which I'm nearly sure stated that there's 11,000 ST holders and 3,000 PP's. My understanding is that the ST's are divvied from the central bulk but the PP tickets are from the DCB allocation for any particular match. I think on that basis for venues of limited capacity the ST holders will win out (particularly as the ST is attendance based when qualifying for an AI ticket))

Kavrocks wrote: »
    Point 3 only guarantees a ticket for league games and the first championship match.

Point 7 doesn't guarantee any season ticket holder a ticket for any game.

Season ticket numbers are not a reason for Wicklow v Dublin not being played in Aughrim or for Kildare v Mayo not to be played in Kildare. It would suck if you were a season ticket holder and missed out but I presume the GAA would offer tickets to those with the highest attendances first and it could benefit some people who aren't available to travel to that game too.
    States it here aswell - http://www.gaa.ie/tickets/gaa-season-ticket/

[font=proxima-nova, sans-serif]What's included?[/font]
      [font=proxima-nova, sans-serif][*]Access to a discounted ticket for the all new GAA Championship group stages in your selected code**
      [*]Access to an All-Ireland final ticket*
      [*]AIB GAA Club Championship finals on march 17th
      [*]All Allianz league matches in your selected code - including play-offs, semi-finals and finals.
      [*]Your County's opening Championship fixture.
      [/font]

States it here aswell - http://www.gaa.ie/tickets/gaa-season-ticket/

[font=proxima-nova, sans-serif]What's included?[/font]
        [font=proxima-nova, sans-serif][*]Access to a discounted ticket for the all new GAA Championship group stages in your selected code**
        [*]Access to an All-Ireland final ticket*
        [*]AIB GAA Club Championship finals on march 17th
        [*]All Allianz league matches in your selected code - including play-offs, semi-finals and finals.
        [*]Your County's opening Championship fixture.
        [/font]
        That doesn't mean you are guaranteed a ticket and can't supersede the T&C's which definitely don't state you are guaranteed a ticket. RTÉ and their analysts also stated only the first championship match is guaranteed on Game On last night.

Anyway, there are 3,500 Mayo season ticket holders so I presume Dublin has the same number of season ticket holders.

• Advertisement
      • Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Kavrocks wrote:
        That doesn't mean you are guaranteed a ticket and can't supersede the T&C's which definitely don't state you are guaranteed a ticket. RTÉ and their analysts also stated only the first championship match is guaranteed on Game On last night.

I think it does mean it.
        You are automatically charged for your tickets if you use then or not. There's one opt out per season on championship tickets to allow you an AI ticket

This discussion has been closed.
      Advertisement