Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread - Capital Punishment

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Kavrocks

Stoner wrote: »
    I think it does mean it.
    You are automatically charged for your tickets if you use then or not. There's one opt out per season on championship tickets to allow you an AI ticket
    Point 42 of the season ticket T&Cs states
    42. In the event that the number of Season Ticket holders exceeds stadium capacity the GAA offers no guarantee of the availability of seats or entry to that fixture.

Therefore, a season ticket does not guarantee you access to every championship game your team plays in. I'm aware season ticket holders are automatically charged but the T&Cs do not state you are guaranteed a ticket to every championship game, the above states the opposite - you aren't guaranteed a ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭glack

Kavrocks wrote: »
    Point 42 of the season ticket T&Cs states

Therefore, a season ticket does not guarantee you access to every championship game your team plays in. I'm aware season ticket holders are automatically charged but the T&Cs do not state you are guaranteed a ticket to every championship game, the above states the opposite - you aren't guaranteed a ticket.

How many grounds have a smaller than 5000 capacity though? This is only relevant when the capacity of the whole ground is smaller than the total number of season tickets. No guarantee to seats if there is insufficient seating which is fair enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭puzl

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Kavrocks

glack wrote: »
    How many grounds have a smaller than 5000 capacity though? This is only relevant when the capacity of the whole ground is smaller than the total number of season tickets. No guarantee to seats if there is insufficient seating which is fair enough.
    People are arguing that Kildare couldn't play in Newbridge because the GAA season ticket guarantees all holders a ticket. I'm showing it doesn't.

If Kildare were at home they have a chance of beating Mayo but I can't see them doing it in Croke Park. I know it would be very damaging to Kildare but I do hope they make a stand and don't turn up to Croke Park. Nothing will change if they back down and the GAA won't have any issues changing venues again.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Breaking News.

Mayo have now agreed to play the game in Newbridge.

Statement from the Mayo Co Board have said it's the closest they will get to silverware this year.

(Runs and ducks......:D )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭mobby

ProudDUB wrote: »
    Breaking News.

Mayo have now agreed to play the game in Newbridge.

Statement from the Mayo Co Board have said it's the closest they will get to silver this year.

(Runs and ducks......:D )

That's very good..:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

The Donegal man from Drimnagh is out for the season with a cruciate injury - huge loss to them going into the super 8's .. and in fairness he's the sort of player you can admire in the same manner as McManus

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

DoctaDee wrote:
    The Donegal man from Drimnagh is out for the season with a cruciate injury - huge loss to them going into the super 8's .. and in fairness he's the sort of player you can admire in the same manner as McManus

That's bad news, he was having a great year

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,347 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Stoner wrote: »
    That's bad news, he was having a great year

Yeah, our side of the Super 8s just got a little less interesting. They don't rely on him, but any player coming in to replace him is a massive step down.

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭glack

Kavrocks wrote: »
    People are arguing that Kildare couldn't play in Newbridge because the GAA season ticket guarantees all holders a ticket. I'm showing it doesn't.

If Kildare were at home they have a chance of beating Mayo but I can't see them doing it in Croke Park. I know it would be very damaging to Kildare but I do hope they make a stand and don't turn up to Croke Park. Nothing will change if they back down and the GAA won't have any issues changing venues again.

But it guarantees a ticket in Newbridge as its capacity is more than the number of season tickets held in both counties. That rule would only be enforceable if there was insufficient capacity.

Season tickets is not the reason this match has been moved. The CCC are simply using that as an excuse and a poor one at that. I'm a Mayo season ticket holder. They're saying there is a capacity of 8000 ish thousand. Give Mayo the season tickets and maybe a couple of hundred more for family of players and officials. Give the rest to Kildare.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

How many threads would have been started if it was Dublin as opposed to Mayo playing Kildare this weekend?? Oh the lolz.

You have to worry about the mental health of some people.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,280 ✭✭✭munster87

Slattsy wrote: »
    How many threads would have been started if it was Dublin as opposed to Mayo playing Kildare this weekend?? Oh the lolz.

You have to worry about the mental health of some people.

Yeah, Dublin away games are never moved to neutral venues!

munster87 wrote: »
    Yeah, Dublin away games are never moved to neutral venues!

But imagine the outrage!!

• Site Banned Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭DONTMATTER

But imagine the outrage!!

Did you not notice the outrage this time? Doesn't that show that it's not all about Dublin but when there's an injustice GAA people don't like it. Like it's not anti Dublin to point out the advantages they have.

Oh great, look who's here to dazzle us all with his so called "facts".

Coddle recipe anyone? Favourite Dubliners song? Favourite chocolate biscuit?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,358 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

DONTMATTER wrote: »
    Did you not notice the outrage this time? Doesn't that show that it's not all about Dublin but when there's an injustice GAA people don't like it. Like it's not anti Dublin to point out the advantages they have.

Comes in to the Dublin thread to tell us it’s not all about Dublin then manages to get his Dublin advantages dig in. You have to hand it to him not many people would try to derail multiple threads at the same time. I am impressed.

Oh great, look who's here to dazzle us all with his so called "facts".

Coddle recipe anyone? Favourite Dubliners song? Favourite chocolate biscuit?

Twas my fault. Sorry!

When does school start back?

Ah here, its 875 degrees outside. :eek:

Don't be talking about back to school.

Wibbley Wobbbley Wonder or Loop The Loop...that's the biggest issue I'll be pondering at all today.

Ah here, its 875 degrees outside. :eek:

Don't be talking about back to school.

Wibbley Wobbbley Wonder or Loop The Loop...that's the biggest issue I'll be pondering at all today.

WWW are pants ditto loop the loops, the answer is tangle twisters. Which I have genuinely just asked someone going around to the shop to get me.

Have to settle for a humble 99 from de man in de van so. On Dun Laoghaire pier & don't have the energy to walk down to Teddy's.

• Advertisement

Iceberger surely?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Have to settle for a humble 99 from de man in de van so.

:eek:

Oh, ….. a 99.

Have to settle for a humble 99 from de man in de van so. On Dun Laoghaire pier & don't have the energy to walk down to Teddy's.

It’s sll about scrumdiddlys at the other pier these days

• Registered Users Posts: 19,068 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Iceberger surely?

Whirlyburgers only come rain or shine.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,997 ✭✭✭✭JRant

The Gollybar was the king of ice-pops. It was also extremely racist though. If you tried to bring that out now you'd be up on hate crime charges.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

• Registered Users Posts: 18,769 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

JRant wrote: »
    The Gollybar was the king of ice-pops. It was also extremely racist though. If you tried to bring that out now you'd be up on hate crime charges.

And the fat frogs would be offensive to overweight frogs.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,020 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

What’s the story with ye’re minor team lads. How the hell are Wicklow beating ye?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,347 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

BPKS wrote: »
    What’s the story with ye’re minor team lads. How the hell are Wicklow beating ye?

Wicklow are getting too much funding..........

Time to split Wickla in two.

• Advertisement

Time to split Wickla in two.

Two? With that strength at under age, it needs to be split into four! It's inevitable! Here's a massive list of meaningless figures that I hope nobody questions, and if they do, I'll ignore their response! This is going to go all the way to the Sunday Game!!!!

Wicklow: 6918273641872634987612938847619283754591872534971529384761928736498712534987512983745918275346

Dosh: 98176249587613928764981726359876129378459127835469871263498761293847619287364981726349876

Underage players:
    12987345691238746591823764598712634598871623498761293486912873649182376491827364

Drugs:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement