Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread - Capital Punishment

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

Been given the run around.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Worst Dublin underage team I've seen in 30 years. So much for eternal dominance.

None of them were fit too wear the shirt tonight. Pathetic display. Disappointing week for us at underage level. It'll fill up the column inches.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Gael85

No stopping kerry now.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,770 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Bonniedog wrote: »
    Worst Dublin underage team I've seen in 30 years. So much for eternal dominance.

Christy Moore will be writing a song about the day Kildare were spilt in two yet....

:D

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Advertisement

Christy Moore will be writing a song about the day Kildare were spilt in two yet....

:D

It does go to prove that the current senior panel and Jim Gavin and the rest of the team are unique. I don't see anything to suggest that we will not be facing a bit of a drought over next ten years. Dublin will always be competitive, but underage is very disappointing at the moment. Hard to see where the next greats are coming from.

Tyrone and Roscommon make up numbers 3 and 4 in our group. That's our 3 away games sorted for this year Super 8s.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Tucker.Tim

Howya,

Thought this might be the best place to ask this considering the local knowledge, but here goes:

I've to pick someone up from Croke Park after the first game on Saturday and hit for the M50 ASAP and I was wondering if ye have any tips for a spot where I can park up and be able to make a quick escape? He's in the Cusack Stand so he will be coming out that side of the stadium. Obviously the place being near enough for my friend to sprint to is key as well!!

Thanks in advance for any help,
    Tim

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Park up in the petrol station forecourt at bottom of Richmond Road. Then when you leave, head towards East Wall Rd. The entrance to the port tunnel is 2 mins away & you'll be on the M50 in jig time. You'll have to pay the toll, but it's only 3 quid at weekends. Well worth it, if you're in a hurry. With a crowd of that size attending a double header, there is no such thing as parking close to the stadium & making a quick getaway, so it's a case of pick your poison.

If it were me & time was a major factor, I'd park up in the Lidl on East Wall Rd & get your friend to walk down to meet me there. It'll be a good 10 minute walk for him, but as you won't have to deal with any of the mad traffic, hordes of pedestrians or Garda road closures at the North Strand/Richmond Rd/Clonliffe Rd junctions, you'll more than make up the 10 minutes, when you jump back in the car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭Hector Bellend

Whats the story with Tyrone tickets?

Will the season ticket do?

• Advertisement

Whats the story with Tyrone tickets?

Will the season ticket do?

Will be interesting to see how they manage the tickets for this one. Season tickets and county board passes should be covered just about. Clubs will get the rest I imagine. Don't think there will be public sales.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,347 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Wasn't an intentional dirty blow perhaps, but little grounds for appeal.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

Will be interesting to see how they manage the tickets for this one. Season tickets and county board passes should be covered just about. Clubs will get the rest I imagine. Don't think there will be public sales.

Was talking to a lad last night who told me that there is a very limited number of terrace tickets coming to his club from DCB, absolutely no stand/family tickets - I'd assume they're earmarked for ST/PP holders - on that basis much like yourself I'd very much doubt there'll be a public sale.

Got an email from DCB earlier. Tickets are available from Tuesday to Thursday from Dorset Street for pass holders. Implies that there will be no public sale as you say.

Be some atmosphere in Omagh. First time they ever met outside Croke park in championship.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

dublin season ticket holders are not to be in the stands, will be accommodated on the terraces according to email today.
    Due to a limited stand capacity, we are unable to accommodate all Season Ticket holders in the stand at Healy Park.

Season Ticket holders will therefore be accommodated on the Terrace and will simply be required to present their GAA Season Ticket card for scanning at the designated Terrace Turnstiles on the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,068 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Got an email from DCB earlier. Tickets are available from Tuesday to Thursday from Dorset Street for pass holders. Implies that there will be no public sale as you say.

Be some atmosphere in Omagh. First time they ever met outside Croke park in championship.

Love games up in Healy Park. Though I reckon I'll be driving up with the chunfella so that's a night out in Dungannon later with the lads as an option done away with.

Bit of nostalgia:

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/dublin-v-tyrone-five-blasts-from-the-past-1.2971133

Can't beleive that fat bleched blond fella scored that goal 13 years ago.
    I still say it was steps!

Another battle of Omagh might liven the football championship up a bit.

It was some day alright! We arrived up early and had a few pints before the game in the Enda's club house. all very pleasant and met Tyrone friend of mine who suggested we stop in Ballygawley on way home. That was the end of the pleasantness!

Remember seeing the team coming out of the dressing room towards the pitch as we made our way to the terrace and there was definite look of not going to be taking any cr@p here today about them.

Greatly enjoyable match despite the malevolence of some Tyrone supporters afterwards. in general though they are a decent crowd.

Thought that game was going to be start of something big, then the week after they got beaten well by Monaghan in Parnell! Didn't even make the play offs. Changed times.

Was up there for the league game in Feb. Traffic was murder getting out. Luckily for us, we only had to head over to the other side of town to where we were staying, but it must have been horrible for anyone heading home after the match. That was only for a crowd of 10,000 odd. Lord knows how bad it'll be with a packed house. Still....bring it on !

• Advertisement

It is difficult town to negotiate. Been there a good few times and bus station and main bridge are good guides. Driving is a bit of a nightmare as it a bit like a maze. In fairness to one of the stewards in 2006 he got us out quickly and place was packed that day. Not sure if I will get up but worth being there overnight or early on the day as crack will be something else.

For anyone staying over, I would say leave the car at home and get the bus.

Speaking of all things Tyrone, whatever happened to Jayop? Used to enjoy his posts.

Bit of nostalgia:

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/dublin-v-tyrone-five-blasts-from-the-past-1.2971133

Can't beleive that fat bleched blond fella scored that goal 13 years ago.
    I still say it was steps!

Another battle of Omagh might liven the football championship up a bit.

That game under lights in 2007 was a belter.

I was in Oz for the infamous battle.

The 125 game in 2009 deserves a mention too for the Stephen O'Neill wonder point on the Cusack side.

That game under lights in 2007 was a belter.

I was in Oz for the infamous battle.

The 125 game in 2009 deserves a mention too for the Stephen O'Neill wonder point on the Cusack side.

The GAA did a great job of hyping it up and all 'Spring Series' Dubs in Croke Park for a league game, players decked out in old kits, fireworks, giant inflatable ball yokes.
    Tyrone won handy enough I seem to remember.

The GAA did a great job of hyping it up and all 'Spring Series' Dubs in Croke Park for a league game, players decked out in old kits, fireworks, giant inflatable ball yokes.
    Tyrone won handy enough I seem to remember.

They had our measure for sure.

some crowds all the same. Just shows what a bit of marketing can do. they can hardly be bothered putting on a few radio ads now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

I think our 2011 quarter-final match was one of the best performances of that season. Connolly scoring 0 - 7 helped too. As for next week, with just Season Ticket holders of both counties and Dublin's Parnell Pass holders guaranteed tickets and limited amounts going on general sale, there are going to be a lot of disappointed people on both sides. The demand for the semi-final last year was huge. There are going to be a lot of Dublin and Tyrone fans wishing the game was in Croke Park.

Flukey wrote: »
    I think our 2011 quarter-final match was one of the best performances of that season. Connolly scoring 0 - 7 helped too. As for next week, with just Season Ticket holders of both counties and Dublin's Parnell Pass holders guaranteed tickets and limited amounts going on general sale, there are going to be a lot of disappointed people on both sides. The demand for the semi-final last year was huge. There are going to be a lot of Dublin and Tyrone fans wishing the game was in Croke Park.

I watched that down in Killorglin. Gawd it was awful listening to the bleating of the barman. They really haven't gotten over 2008.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Nidgeweasel

Greatly enjoyable match despite the malevolence of some Tyrone supporters afterwards. in general though they are a decent crowd.

Lol.

Lol.

Ye would say that. At least they're not from Derry.

Berno's missus just had twin boys.

https://twitter.com/bernardbrogan/status/1017870658217431042?s=19

Between this pair & Alan's three young fellas, that's pretty much the Dublin forward lines sorted from the year 2030 to oh.... 2045 or thereabouts.

Massive congrats to all !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Gael85

Jim Gavin has managed Dublin for 34 Championship games and used 42 players

Player Games Starts Subs
    Rock, Dean 34 24 10
    Cluxton, Stephen 33 33 0
    Cooper, Jonny 32 32 0
    McCarthy, James 31 30 1
    O’Sullivan, Cian 31 30 1
    McManaman, Kevin 31 14 17
    Flynn, Paul 30 24 6