Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread - Capital Punishment

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,655 ✭✭✭Tombo2001

corny wrote: »
    I bet against Dublin once in a league game. It was a weird feeling. Who do i cheer? Who do i boo? Come on you boys in ????? Anyway Dublin won and i lost. Won't have money on it this weekend but i actually hope Tyrone sneak it. I'm full sure they're the second best team in the competition and i'm confident both teams will be contesting the final. It'll be a great final if we're the ones looking for revenge. If we beat them this weekend they might as well hand the trophy to Dublin. Great for Dublin but there's more fun the other way.

This post just shows how utterly dominant the Dubs are - when fans are saying, well I'd prefer this year if we win it having beaten along the way by Tyrone so that when we do play them in the final it will be a sweeter win.....

Even the Dubs fans are saying its not really that satisfying when they coast to victory.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Gets up on box...stands in the middle of floor...screams out loud...

I BLOODY LOVE IT WHEN WE ARE HAMMERING EVERYONE !!!!

There now. It is far from all Dublin fans who feel as corny does. We are having him "seen to." ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,068 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

I bet against Dublin once in a league game. It was a weird feeling. Who do i cheer? Who do i boo? Come on you boys in ????? Anyway Dublin won and i lost. Won't have money on it this weekend but i actually hope Tyrone sneak it. I'm full sure they're the second best team in the competition and i'm confident both teams will be contesting the final. It'll be a great final if we're the ones looking for revenge. If we beat them this weekend they might as well hand the trophy to Dublin. Great for Dublin but there's more fun the other way.

I did that for the 2010qf and never again. That I had to watch it in Killorglin and defend Tyrone against an onslaught of Keeeeeryyyy abuse from a gobdaw barman was bad enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

Tombo2001 wrote: »

This post just shows how utterly dominant the Dubs are - when fans are saying, well I'd prefer this year if we win it having beaten along the way by Tyrone so that when we do play them in the final it will be a sweeter win.....

Even the Dubs fans are saying its not really that satisfying when they coast to victory.
    More likely he wants to win a few quid because the odds are so insanely prohibitive. So much so that you have to back minus 14 in a handicap to get an even money bet on involving them.

@corny. Don't do it. You cannot eat value.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

Jayus....

Next you will be wanting M**th to win an all-ireland.... :eek:

I am from Cork and living in Dublin. I remember being at a wedding in Kells once and the Dubs were playing Tyrone in the Championship. Ourselves and a Dublin family in the pub were the only ones cheering Dublin.
    Of course it kills the Meath side to come back through Ashbourne or Dunshaughlin and see all the Dublin flags in the estates.
    Both them and Kildare are big rich counties. They should have no gripe with the resources goung in to Dublin GAA.

Teams come and try to stop Kilkenny, Costello, O Callaghan and then Scully pops up and slaps in two goals.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

This forum livens up after a Dublin win doesn't it, quite enjoyable :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,771 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

STB. wrote: »
    More likely he wants to win a few quid because the odds are so insanely prohibitive. So much so that you have to back minus 14 in a handicap to get an even money bet on involving them.

@corny. Don't do it. You cannot eat value.

Yeah, it's dirty money you'd feel guilty spending it if ya won.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

Slattsy wrote: »

Ah yeah, but you'd miss the aul Mayo heads and their seven levels of madness, all the same wouldn't you? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

ProudDUB wrote: »
    Ah yeah, but you'd miss the aul Mayo heads and their seven levels of madness, all the same wouldn't you? :P

I'd take them any day tbh ..:) ...

Yeah, they're lovable aul divils all the same. Take them any day of the week over Les Animaux, who are currently eating their young over on the Kerry GAA Forum. Not taking Sundays loss well at all, at all, at all, at all...:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭muddle84

Slattsy wrote: »

DoctaDee wrote: »

I'd take them any day tbh ..:) ...
    Ah shucks, we are missing all you lovely folk too. So much so that I wouldn't be surprised if the amount of us that hang around after the U20 all Ireland final outnumber the Roscommon fans!

muddle84 wrote: »
    Ah shucks, we are missing all you lovely folk too. So much so that I wouldn't be surprised if the amount of us that hang around after the U20 all Ireland final outnumber the Roscommon fans!

Ah jest can't quit yew (geddit?)

Insert Brokeback Mountain pic here
    > :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,280 ✭✭✭munster87

So this is what goes on in the Dublin thread! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 48,235 ✭✭✭✭km79

:D
    We will be up on the 5th in our second home ;)

munster87 wrote: »
    So this is what goes on in the Dublin thread! :D

Stick around long enough & we may even share our coddle recipes with you. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

ProudDUB wrote:
    Stick around long enough & we may even share our coddle recipes with you.

Some of us don't even eat it. My mother was from Sandymount. I'm half civilised.

C'mon now. What part of Irishtown/Ringsend is she really from? Name and shame...;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

ProudDUB wrote:
    C'mon now. What part of Irishtown/Ringsend is she really from? Name and shame...

She's a thoroughbred ProudDub, the real deal.

Well roysh ok goys, there's fancy for you. Your becoming a Home Security mod is starting to make sense now.

Were you sick of the gurriers on the other side of the family always robbin' the gaff on the industrial ancestral estate in D4? :P

Well roysh ok goys, there's fancy for you. Your becoming a Home Security mod is starting to make sense now.

Were you sick of the gurriers on the other side of the family always robbin' the gaff on the industrial ancestral estate in D4? :P

Docta, Art Tea for two in the Merrion, avec champers, is a mere £120. Coz what better way is there to kick off a Dubs champo Sunday afternoon, than a Louis le Broquey inspired, pomegranate & passionfruit mille feuille, sculpted to resemble the Cliffs of Moher? It beats a battered sausage in the Dorset St Macari, that's fo' sho !

Let him without sin not throw stones in the glasshouse or whatever PD .. witness for the prosecution may step down ...:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

Ah here corny. Go lie down mate. You can't be right in the head if you're thinking those kind of thoughts. If you want "fun" may I respectfully direct you towards the dodgems in Bray, a Fr Ted box set, or last night's Terrace Talk on Radio Kurree.

The dodgems in Bray. Ha ha.

But surely running into Kerry last year would have been extra nice for us on the back of the league final. I'm not asking for a new name on the trophy, just acknowledging I might enjoy a bit of needle going into a final.

Stick around long enough & we may even share our coddle recipes with you. :P

Married a dub, last thing I need is more coddle recipes!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,068 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

The poor cratur

• Registered Users Posts: 12,997 ✭✭✭✭JRant

It's all about the Ying and Yang for me. Whenever I feel I'm getting notions watching the football I just remember the absolute dose the hurlers have served up in recent years to bring me back to earth.

Long may our current team keep beating all comers because it could be a long time before we see their likes again.

Intercounty teams have never been fitter or had more money spent on them yet people are crying about the standard of the game and looking at possible rule changes. The real change needs to come from the other teams county boards. Stop employing the same blanket defense merchants year after year.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

The poor cratur

Ah I don’t find it too bad! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Looking forward to seeing what reaction there is in the forward line next week. A poor showing overall from the front line against Donegal, and lots of wasteful chances from Kilkenny.

No better place than Omagh for the backlash!

DCB have released a further allocation to the clubs for Healy Pk (terrace)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,997 ✭✭✭✭JRant

What?
    There's a recipe for coddle?
    I always thought you took whatever was left over in the fridge, boil the bejayus out of it for 3 days and serve with a loaf of Batch bread.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

JRant wrote: »
    What?
    There's a recipe for coddle?
    I always thought you took whatever was left over in the fridge, boil the bejayus out of it for 3 days and serve with a loaf of Batch bread.

:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement