Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread - Capital Punishment

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,165 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

JRant wrote: »
    What?
    There's a recipe for coddle?
    I always thought you took whatever was left over in the fridge, boil the bejayus out of it for 3 days and serve with a loaf of Batch bread.

A fridge??? It was room temp rashers and sausages boiled up on a Monday, back in the day, before they started to smell funny. But you're right about the Batch.:D

As for Saturday, I've a sick feeling in my stomach about it. I really shouldn't have, but it's there all the same. Either a potential hi-jack by Tyrone or a reasonably straight forward Dublin win. Anything in between would be okay.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

DoctaDee wrote: »
    Let him without sin not throw stones in the glasshouse or whatever PD .. witness for the prosecution may step down ...:pac:

Might've known ye mods would stick together. Which one of you has the dodgy pix from the 2015 Mod Christmas party...the ones with the batter burgers, the alpacas & the Brazilian midget Fifi?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,997 ✭✭✭✭JRant

ProudDUB wrote: »
    Might've known ye mods would stick together. Which one of you has the dodgy pix from the 2015 Mod Christmas party...the ones with the batter burgers, the alpacas & the Brazilian midget Fifi?

It's much worse than that. There was talk of lads donning Mayo jerseys and breaking into sporadic verses of the 'Green and Red of Mayo'

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

Ah come on now. Let's not get into the realms of fantasy here.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,997 ✭✭✭✭JRant

Ah come on now. Let's not get into the realms of fantasy here.

It's true, I read about it in the Kerry forum :)

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,068 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

munster87 wrote: »
    Ah I don’t find it too bad! ;)

She's doing the State some service I guess.

Gene pool diversification for one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,280 ✭✭✭munster87

She's doing the State some service I guess.

Gene pool diversification for one.

Sure if it provides Brogans, Fentons etc ;)

It's gas how Les Animaux keep so quiet about Colm Cooper being all Cork on one side of his family tree. Considering how much blathering they do about the Brogans, they are fierce cute about keeping that one to themselves, aren't they? :D

It's gas how Les Animaux keep so quiet about Colm Cooper being all Cork on one side of his family tree. Considering how much blathering they do about the Brogans, they are fierce cute about keeping that one to themselves, aren't they? :D

Les Animaux, you’re gas.

Paudi wouldn't lie. ;)

• Advertisement

Paudi wouldn't lie. ;)

Don’t know was he much of a French speaker either!

Tyrone surely aren’t within 4 points of Dublin in championship? Even money -4 at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Don’t know was he much of a French speaker either!

We just assumed it was French he was speaking. Same with Le Gooche

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭dunnerc

Tyrone surely aren’t within 4 points of Dublin in championship? Even money -4 at the moment.

Sounds like a decent bet ! wouldn't take it up myself , if it came in would feel like dirty money :D

• Registered Users Posts: 37 The Dench

They have released more tickets for Saturday.

Just got three on the official GAA tickets website.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

Got 2 tickets, Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Strabanimal

What is your problem with us? Post your bet. I'd like to see it thanks.

He's from Kerry for a start.

Will you go hunt down Jayop and restart the Tyrone thread up again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Strabanimal

He's from Kerry for a start.

Will you go hunt down Jayop and restart the Tyrone thread up again.

His username and post history gives that away? His bitterness is pathetic.

I wasn't getting at Dublin at all, don't worry.

His username and post history gives that away? His bitterness is pathetic.

You'll learn who's who eventually.

Watch out for that Stoner b****x.
    I wasn't getting at Dublin at all, don't worry.

Oh aye. Never thought you were. I was being serious though. I miss the Tyrone thread. Our last regular Tyronian has gone AWOL.

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭SecretsOfEarth

You'll learn who's who eventually.

Watch out for that Stoner b****x.

Oh aye. Never thought you were. I was being serious though. I miss the Tyrone thread. Our last regular Tyronian has gone AWOL.

I was reading another GAA forum a couple of days ago and he's still posting there, must have gotten sick of here :D

The Tyrone thread is like a museum these days without him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

12 point gap last year. I don’t know if home advantage will make too much of a difference, might do. I’d like to see ye win it. Now for the other side to call me bitter! :)

12 point gap last year. I don’t know if home advantage will make too much of a difference, might do. I’d like to see ye win it. Now for the other side to call me bitter! :)

We need to be taking your temperature son.

Not really. When Munster head the balls are wanting us to win, I know we're doing something wrong. I hated, just HATED the way so many people, from so many different counties, were rooting for us back in 2011 & were genuinely delighted we finally got over the line. T'was fierce magnanimous of them n'all, but there was an element of pity there too.

I don't ever want to go back to those dark days. I rejoice now, rejoice I tells ya in the festering hatred of our enemies in the other 30 (excluding Kilkenny obv) counties, coz it means we are winning all around us now. Long may it continue and long may the fleas from a thousand camels continue to fly up the trouser legs of our enemies !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Not really. When Munster head the balls are wanting us to win, I know we're doing something wrong. I hated, just HATED the way so many people, from so many different counties we're rooting for us back in 2011 & were genuinely delighted we finally got over the line. T'was fierce magnanimous of them n'all, but there was an element of pity there too.

I don't ever want to go back to those dark days. I rejoice now, rejoice I tells ya in the festering hatred of our enemies in the other 30 (excluding Kilkenny obv) counties, coz it means we are winning all around us. Long may it continue and long may the fleas from a thousand camels continue to fly up the trouser legs of our enemies !

Very magnanimous of you!

There was a certain sympathy, verging on pity, there before 2011 and a lot of non Dubs were genuinely pleased that they won. But that didn't last long.

Naturally enough people don't want to see same team win it over and over. I loved watching the Cats once they were not playing Dublin, but by 2010 I was hoping they would be beaten, not out of dislike for them, but just that it seemed their reign might never end. I suspect many people view Dublin in the same way.

Of course you also have people who hate Dublin and anything to do with Dublin - the football team being the obvious symbol - and they resort to all sort of irrationalities to justify that hatred.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

I don't ever want to go back to those dark days. I rejoice now, rejoice I tells ya in the festering hatred of our enemies in the other 30 (excluding Kilkenny obv) counties, coz it means we are winning all around us now. Long may it continue and long may the fleas from a thousand camels continue to fly up the trouser legs of our enemies !

Watched the first 2015 semi down in a kilkenny pub. They f**king hate us too :D

• Advertisement

Do they even know what a football is down in Kilkenny?

I love Kilkenny.

It's the only county in Ireland that considers Micko to be a bit of an underachiever. :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement