Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread - Capital Punishment

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Patww79 wrote: »
    I really thought he'd have been the kind of fella who would have done it and owned it instead of skulking behind someone else.

I'd say it was a MH idea if Tyrone won!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,349 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

https://twitter.com/Hill16Army/status/1021793209629007872

Going round on Twitter now, anyone know the owner? Seems mad to keep such detail notes on a game, never mind all of them!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,068 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Only just cottoned on that both games in our group are on at the same time. I was looking forward to watching the game in Ballybofey. Our game is gonna be brutal.

I reckon most of the first half ensconced in my seat in the Cusack then out to the boozer for the second half of the real tussle in the group. Proper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Well they don't open the gates that early ya see. I was tempted to opt-out tbh. I never have before but I'll be well over my 60% as it is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,772 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Only just cottoned on that both games in our group are on at the same time. I was looking forward to watching the game in Ballybofey. Our game is gonna be brutal.

I reckon most of the first half ensconced in my seat in the Cusack then out to the boozer for the second half of the real tussle in the group. Proper.

Yeah I checked the fixtures was 50/50 about going to Croke Park then I saw I would miss the Tyrone v Donegal on telly.

Not going to Croke Park for a glorified challenge match.
    If it was in Hyde Park it might be a bit of craic/novelty.
    I would probably go then.

But in Croke Park will be able to hear the seagulls waste of time and money.
    No meaning, no entertainment waste of time.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

CatInABox wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/Hill16Army/status/1021793209629007872

Going round on Twitter now, anyone know the owner? Seems mad to keep such detail notes on a game, never mind all of them!

Some bloke called Gavin from up around Clondalkin owns that.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,165 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Some bloke called Gavin from up around Clondalkin owns that.

I doubt it.:D

I played with Jim Gavin in Moyle Park in 1984 as we were both starting school there. I have no memory of him making notes like that after walking off a rain soaked pitch in a very bad Autumn.:D

Grandeeod wrote: »

I played with Jim Gavin in Moyle Park in 1984 as we were both starting school there. I have no memory of him making notes like that after walking off a rain soaked pitch in a very bad Autumn.:D

It is someone who has the sense never to buy a match programme anyway!

Brother wants to go to the game. Now I have to cough up. FFS.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Grandeeod wrote: »

Then you just weren't paying attention. Somewhere in Jim Gavin's house (or his parents attic/shed/box room) there is a stack of black, spiral notebooks in a box marked "Sep-Oct 1984: Useless fcukers I played with." :P

• Registered Users Posts: 12,165 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

ProudDUB wrote: »
    Then you just weren't paying attention. Somewhere in Jim Gavin's house (or his parents attic/shed/box room) there is a stack of black, spiral notebooks in a box marked "Sep-Oct 1984: Useless fcukers I played with." :P

Apart from one great point I scored back then (it was a fooking beauty:D) I will completely admit that he was far better than me. I'd moved from Erins Isle to Round Towers and got completely outclassed. Gave up the game by 1985, but loved watching Moyler beat the Castle in Croker, with Gavin on that team.

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭RIALTO1

Any thoughts on what team Dublin will put out against Roscommon?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,349 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

RIALTO1 wrote: »
    Any thoughts on what team Dublin will put out against Roscommon?

Two schools of thought really, put out a second string team to keep the first team fresh, or put out the first team and tell them to take it easy.

A few of the first team could do with a game that could build their confidence, to be honest, so I'd imagine that at least some of them will play some part. Hard to know though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,358 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

I’d imagine there will be maybe 4/5 changes nothing controversial but could see the sub forwards especially given a chance along with maybe Fenton and one change in the back 6.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Jaden

This is Jim Gavin we are talking about. Whatever he does, losing this game will not be an option for him.

4/5 changes, and willing to bring in the big guns if needed. Will BB make a cameo?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

I can see us going with quite a strong line up. There is a lot up front that just isn't working. Whether it's by design, hesitancy, lack of confidence, pre planned tactics or whatever, we're just not firing on all cylinders up front. A game against the Rossies could be just what the doctor ordered. This isn't the beginning of the Leinster champo, or the league, where we can experiment with lines up, or we can give lads a run out purely for the heck of it, knowing we have a lot of games left to get things just right. After Saturday, we only have 1-2 games left. It's time to get the scores that we are well capable of, up on the scoreboard and stop fluting about. As John O'Leary might say.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

It'll be a very strong team, with not many changes.

I'd imagine from the team started training for the Championship, their training load, steadily increasing fitness levels, etc have been geared to include three hard games in the Super 8's also. So unless someone is carrying a knock, I cant see many changes. I'd like to see Flynn get a start though.

And also, for the likes of Mannion, O'Callaghan (maybe even Andrews) to get a couple of scores on the board to help with their confidence - not that its low - but certainly a couple of points from play is always good for the mind going into the semi final.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭diceyreilly

Semi Final confirmed for Saturday 11th at 5pm.

Jaden wrote: »
    This is Jim Gavin we are talking about. Whatever he does, losing this game will not be an option for him.

4/5 changes, and willing to bring in the big guns if needed. Will BB make a cameo?

I remember at the start of the league I was convinced he would ease fellas in he went full blooded!

Ruthless...

• Advertisement

Bloody christening that day, will rte or sky have it? Or both?

I think Jim McGuinness lastest article about how to stop the Dubs is funny.

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/gaelic-games/jim-mcguinness-rivals-must-master-patience-game-against-dublin-1.3574130

Rivals must master patience game against Dublin (In other words Wait till they get old...? :D)

Plus he says Dublin are too cushy in Croke Park.

The Dubs won in Omagh still unbeaten.....

Grasping at straws springs to mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

I think Jim McGuinness lastest article about how to stop the Dubs is funny.

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/gaelic-games/jim-mcguinness-rivals-must-master-patience-game-against-dublin-1.3574130

Rivals must master patience game against Dublin (In other words Wait till they get old...? :D)

Plus he says Dublin are too cushy in Croke Park.

The Dubs won in Omagh still unbeaten.....

Grasping at straws springs to mind.

How many ways has Jim come up with since 2014?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭diceyreilly

salmocab wrote: »

Not a clue. Sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

Disaster :(, not home til the Saturday night

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

salmocab wrote: »

RTE av it!

Slattsy wrote: »
    RTE av it!

Perfect can watch it after whilst BBQing so.

naughtb4 wrote: »
    How many ways has Jim come up with since 2014?

It must be more then number of AI's Dublin have won since 2011 anyway!

DoctaDee wrote: »
    Disaster :(, not home til the Saturday night

They could put a big screen up in the church maybe?

• Advertisement

That fella who owned the detailed notebook got it back.

Supporting the Dubs since the 60s.

https://www.facebook.com/Hill16ArmyDublin/photos/a.406058002870992.1073741828.406048692871923/1607023532774427/?type=3

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement