Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread - Capital Punishment

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Serious treasure trove of information. Would love the DCB to get a hold of that someday.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Stoner wrote: »
    He doesn't want any fuss.

The book goes all the way back to the 63.

Hopefully a Facebook group will arrange a clap for him on the 63rd minute.

For him.

Yeah, it weird. Here's a quote of the guy that owns the notebook, in which he's pretty clear that he's very private and just wants to be left the feck alone, and also HERE'S HIS NAME.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

They could put a big screen up in the church maybe?

Worse again brother, I'll be on a plane home during the game - always the last to know ,
    to borrow a song from Del Amitri :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

DoctaDee wrote: »
    Worse again brother, I'll be on a plane home during the game - always the last to know ,

PM me on there your mod log on deets & password & I'll keep an eye on things while you are away. Mayo are gone, so there's only so much damage I can do. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,853 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

DoctaDee wrote: »

Jayus....that will be pure torture.

:eek:

I suppose it is too difficult to hijack the plane and Park it in St Patricks College?

Breaking your leg with a hammer might be a bit less drastic?

They can't let you travel on a plane if you are on antibiotics/injured for insurance reasons I think.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Anyone heading to the minor game

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

The girls are playing at 1 on TG4. There up against Mayo. The minor game for anyone who can't make it is on TG4 at 3.

Dublin 3-11 (20) Mayo 1-8 (11).Comfortable win for the girls. The margain should have been much bigger.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭WanderlustIre

Stoner wrote: »
    Anyone heading to the minor game

Yup here now. Hoping the lads do a job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Trent Houseboat

Mayo keeper was fairly poor. They pulled back to a draw at one stage after a four point lead for the dubs at half time.

****e conditions for football, nobody could hold on to anything in the first half.

Did we ever find out why half the Mayo team walked out?

• Advertisement

Mayo keeper was fairly poor. They pulled back to a draw at one stage after a four point lead for the dubs at half time.

****e conditions for football, nobody could hold on to anything in the first half.

Did we ever find out why half the Mayo team walked out?

Apparently Cora and Mick Mchale had a disagreement with the management regarding her non selection. A vote was had and Tierney, Staunton and the club mates went.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭diceyreilly

Minors fairly unlucky to be behind at the break.

16 to 3 22 to Galway.

No letting up in the production of Galway talent. Hard luck to the lads and good luck to Galway

Very,very disappointing showing in the second half. Well and truly hammered.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

Bret Hart wrote: »

They seemed to be fitter than us. Heads dropped too of course.

Couldn't understand why a change wasn't made at half back. The Galway number 10 constantly breezed passed his man to set up scores. The sideline just watched as the game got away from us.

Bret Hart wrote:

The two soft goals completely killed it, outclassed unfortunately

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Patww79 wrote: »
    Was the player welfare reason they gave just a lie/spin then?

Apparently yes that's why there was a non disclosure signed. It stinks of the Mortimer saga of 2012.

Staunton has a huge element of control within that panel backed by Sarah Tierney.

Or the Breaffy Bolsheviks ousting of Holmes & Connelly.

Seriously, who needs Fairly $hitty when you have Mayo GAA? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 18,853 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

ProudDUB wrote: »
    Or the Breaffy Bolsheviks ousting of Holmes & Connelly.

Seriously, who needs Fairly $hitty when you have Mayo GAA? :p

Yeah they hardly endear themselves to neutrals.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Advertisement

Lads it's more of a regret they weren't born in the coombe, rotunda or Holles street hospitals

Lads it's more of a regret they weren't born in the coombe, rotunda or Holles street hospitals

Some of us are old enough to have been born in James's.

Some of us are old enough to have been born in James's.

Jaysis I'm only 35.

Jaysis I'm only 35.

Ha. I'm only 34!

Ha. I'm only 34!

I can't remember James being a baby hospital. 😂😂😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

Hatch street nursing home, birthplace of Michael o Leary, Denis o Brien and me . We've done well for ourselves I tell ya

DoctaDee wrote:
    Hatch street nursing home, birthplace of Michael o Leary, Denis o Brien and me . We've done well for ourselves I tell ya

Yeah but the other lads were Upper Hatch Street Doc.

Mount Carmel Lying In Establishment For Expectant Ladies Of Excepionally Refined Breeding (the nations only private maternity hospital back then) is in da house.

Sure, I came out of the womb holding a prawn sambo and a glass of champers, roysh ! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Squareball

Mount Carmel Lying In Establishment For Expectant Ladies Of Excepionally Refined Breeding (the nations only private maternity hospital back then) is in da house.

Sure, I came out of the womb holding a prawn sambo and a glass of champers, roysh ! :D
    Born on the North Circular Road across the road from the old market in 1961. Born with the smell of cow ****e coming in the window. Some would say I turned out alright!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Squareball

Born on the North Circular Road across the road from the old market in 1961. Born with the smell of cow ****e coming in the window. Some would say I turned out alright!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement